Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many EU out 'scares' will we recieve...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, quite. I just find those that automatically shout 'scaremongering' ( on the radio, NSC etc ) at every point, to be marginally tiresome.
You need some coffee, you could be suicidal after another four months of this.

My big concern is about how leaving would effect businesses. I don't think we're so small and insignificant that we can't continue to make deals with the rest of the world, use the Commonwealth, the growing markets in Asia etc, and of course the EU will still want to trade with us, we import a huge amount from them, much much more than the likes of Norway and Switzerland. But it is a concern.

What I'm not concerned about is security. We will continue to work with the free world to fight terrorism. We will share information with the US and the EU. Russia may be keen to get some of the USSR back, but they're not going to be invading Britain, we really have no threats on that front. Pretending that security will be a problem is scaremongering, it's complete nonsense.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

My big concern is about how leaving would effect businesses. I don't think we're so small and insignificant that we can't continue to make deals with the rest of the world, use the Commonwealth, the growing markets in Asia etc, and of course the EU will still want to trade with us, we import a huge amount from them, much much more than the likes of Norway and Switzerland. But it is a concern.

What I'm not concerned about is security. We will continue to work with the free world to fight terrorism. We will share information with the US and the EU. Russia may be keen to get some of the USSR back, but they're not going to be invading Britain, we really have no threats on that front. Pretending that security will be a problem is scaremongering, it's complete nonsense.
Coffee, yes just got one. I had given up reading these threads yesterday, but I caught mention of a 2nd referendum on the radio this morning, and that drew in my interest.

Tomorrow is a football day, so EU should be back off the menu again for me.

As for security, I'd say both Cameron and Duncan Smith were talking rubbish. It is what it is, we'll always do the best we can.

D

Deleted member 22389

The outs will have the fear of uncontrolled immigration and the rotherham-style rape gangs up and down the country if we don't get out of the eu, unheard of levels of crime, 300 poles sharing a house next door to you, mosques on every corner, straight bananas, etc.

There's plenty of scope for both sides.

Thing is when I was living in Luton it was cause for concern. Unless you have lived in these sorts of places you will think it's all scaremongering, it isn't.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The outs will have the fear of uncontrolled immigration and the rotherham-style rape gangs up and down the country if we don't get out of the eu, unheard of levels of crime, 300 poles sharing a house next door to you, mosques on every corner, straight bananas, etc.

There's plenty of scope for both sides.

No, that is a comment on actual events, of course there might be some exaggeration but that to me seems to be a different position to those that can paint a picture that we cannot possibly yet know, it seems to offer a greater scope to scaremonger.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Fallon is an even bigger tw@t than cameron
safeguard our borders you dick people are coming in willy-nilly just as they like
only way to stop them is the shut up our borders and let in who we want with checks,have a border at Dover and anyone who moans about being searched turn them round and send them back
as Fallon is an MP in the area most illegal immigrants come through I find his stance laughable .........but I am sure his constituants won't when the time comes to oust the idiot

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The big EU question for me is
How soon will Nigel Farage headbutt an interviewer? His head goes forward at quite a rate of knots,the more excited he gets, the more he accentuates his point with a massive jerk forward of his head. It won't be long before he catches someone, flush on the bridge of their nose, and lays them out.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010

95% of businesses in the UK do no trade with Europe but have to abide by European laws creating huge bureaucracy (according to some guy on Radio 4 this morning). We import masses, the French farmers are going to be burning crap in the roads (literally) if they get cut off from the UK market. Trade will be fine.

Agree on security - we will be fine with Nato and to be honest, it's high time we wound our necks in a bit and stopped getting involved with every single damn skirmish and ware going on around the world imho. We need to focus on what's going on here and sort out our own back yard before we go sticking our noses in everywhere else.

Fallon is an even bigger tw@t than cameron
safeguard our borders you dick people are coming in willy-nilly just as they like
only way to stop them is the shut up our borders and let in who we want with checks,have a border at Dover and anyone who moans about being searched turn them round and send them back
as Fallon is an MP in the area most illegal immigrants come through I find his stance laughable .........but I am sure his constituants won't when the time comes to oust the idiot

So what are Border Control doing at the airports, ports etc or is just my family that gets checked into the UK?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So what are Border Control doing at the airports, ports etc or is just my family that gets checked into the UK?

should be everyone, border control has nearly disappeared ........................come out and our borders will be defined and we will have more money to to control them.
several weeks ago a lady filmed some illegals coming in on a car transporter in this area, wonder where they have gone?
Fallon is supposed to be defence Sec .....................maybe he should start doing his job rather than worrying about whether we are in or out

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
From the pro in vote ministers and other politicians?

It has already started:
[h=1]EU referendum: Leaving EU 'big gamble' for UK security[/h]With no doubt, plenty more to be churned out.

Yesterday Ian Duncan Smith said we would face less risks from terrorists outside the EU ?......

I can state assuredly that the cost of vegetables in the shops will shoot up as it will be harder to recruit cheap workers from abroad to work the fields.. none of our lot will do 15 hour days bent over cutting Celery for £4.50 and hour.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Its not the checking thats the problem, its that once certain nationals have been checked they are then legally entitled to enter unfettered.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Only 120 days to go. Or was it 121, I forget.

No matter how many times I look keep reading the thread title as EU out scarves. Maybe we should have half-and-half IN/OUT scarves for the undecided.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
do you mean stuff like this?

If we leave kent will become the new jungle

If we leave Europol wont share any information with us

If we leave 500,000 jobs will be lost in London

It was in full flow during the parliamentary debate.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yes, quite. I just find those that automatically shout 'scaremongering' ( on the radio, NSC etc ) at every point, to be marginally tiresome.

Agree, scaremongering seems to be gaining fast on the terms racist, xenophobic etc which has also got onto the tiresome stakes. Be strong this latest word will only last for a few months, unlike the latter examples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here