[Albion] How many do we need IN this summer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Why are some people so desperate to bin off Moder? Just back from a serious injury, and not up to full speed yet, and an excellent player before his injury.
Is he though? (an excellent player)

He's workman like, but when has he ever done anything outstanding? He's just a meh player, was before the injury in my opinion.

Not joking 6-7 maybe more. Struggling to think of one position that isn’t a problem, maybe goalie

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I'd like to see a couple in, a defensive midfielder and a full back who are PL quality and better than who we have already. That would be a good window for me
Yes, I’d want a RW too but three would do me. Midfield is absolutely a must to replace the hole that Dahoud left. KDH would be ideal. Hinshelwood can add to our options here too.
RB - Wesley from Flamenco. He’s inexperienced but we can rotate with Veltman and Hinshelwood.
Nicolas Gonzalez as RW.
Job done.
Oh yes if we have two or three quality additions and no departures that would be excellent business.

Bearing in mind we cannot compete with wages of the top 10 that will be a real challenge for our recruitment team.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Plenty of promising players and a club that likes to give opportunities to talent. Last summer we signed Verbruggen, Julio, Baleba, Dahoud & Pedro. I would expect a similar sort of overhaul again. 4 or 5 who can join the squad and some younger talent for the future.

Most obvious positions are RB, DM, RW but anyone could join

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
It’s a huge transfer window for the club that’s approaching, one that asks Bloom whether he really wants to pursue the ambition of the “next step”.

We’ve been in Europe but have fallen off this season due to injuries but also inadequate replacements of key players we lost last summer.

My question now is how many do we really need in - first of all we have to get our current players fit - but some of the injuries we know are complicated and could take time.

It’s my opinion that we need 6 providing the unlikely circumstance of deniz undav returning and playing his part, happens.

New rb (Hinshelwood injured/young and making his way, veltman solid, lamptey injury prone - we need a standout right back)

New Lcb:

A natural left footer - better and more athletic then Igor - someone to complement JPVH/dunk

A LB - to compete/stick a rod up pervis’s arse while Barca plays EVERY week on loan to help him develop

2 new cm/dm

A ready and firing caicedo/bissouma type who baleba can learn off and can win the ball for us - crucial for RDZ’s Albion of 22/23 /

Another centre mid in the same mould who can provide cover - again should baleba go on loan if not ready?

A right winger - the links with nico Gonzalez are tantalising yet excruciating - all of these inconsistent yet talented left wing options yet we have no one to play on the right

If undav gets his way and stays in Germany we also need a striker - can rely on the lack of goals we’ve had from CF again - need another option / if only we hadn’t sold Gyokeres for like 8 million 😤😤😤
Shirley this is an end of season thread, around about Wimbledon time when the day is rained off. You're peaking too soon here.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Need to sort the defence out , sorry to say Dunky has been good it the past but needs to move on now to a championship side I’m afraid
Shhhh...I don't think any of us can say it. When Dunky's time is up there will be a parting of the South Downs with a golden light shining upon him and with that an almighty clap of thunder and puff of smoke. As the smoke clears only the sound of seagulls will be heard and there will be Dunky standing with a crown and sword wearing a pair of pool slides and BHA coaching tracksuit. None of us can even whisper when that moment might be...none of us.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
At the very least we need a new CB, a new RB and two new central midfielders IMO. Ideally I'd like to see another LB and RW/ST but not sure our budget will stretch that far unless we sell.

The talk from a minority of Dunk being 'past it' and to 'get rid' is outrageous. He's looked shattered for months and I bet he is playing through pain every game. Just needs a good rest. But we need someone competent that can deputise where possible to take the pressure off him and start forming a partnership with JPvH for when Dunk is actually over the hill.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He won't come to us though. Someone bigger than us will get him if he leaves.
Who? KDH?
I certainly agree that if a ‘bigger club’ come in for him then we stand no chance.
The opportunity with him is that Leicester need to sell before the end of June.
It’s reported that Man Utd have an interest. However, if their priorities are Olise and Branthwaite then who knows.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex

Who? KDH?
I certainly agree that if a ‘bigger club’ come in for him then we stand no chance.
The opportunity with him is that Leicester need to sell before the end of June.
It’s reported that Man Utd have an interest. However, if their priorities are Olise and Branthwaite then who knows.
Yeh kdh, sorry forgot to put the thingy above.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well if we were Chelski I'd say at least 25 new players
Us however two midfielders to replace what we lost last season to hopefully take some heat off the defence who have been susceptible to any counter attacking team without a DM
Maybe back in for the Derby CB so Dunky and JVPH can coach him
LB/RB someone who could cover both
If Undav stays with Stuttgart I'd say at least one striker as Welbeck is not getting any younger and we need to relieve the pressure on Ferguson/ Pedro to come up with the goods as no goals affects confidence certainly in Fergies case
Then it depends if any current 1st teamers are sold

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
For a good amount of incomings, we'd need to free up squad places with some outgoings - ideally not star players, but those not able to contribute too much on the pitch.... So interesting to see Roberto wants Milner and Lallana next year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For a good amount of incomings, we'd need to free up squad places with some outgoings - ideally not star players, but those not able to contribute too much on the pitch.... So interesting to see Roberto wants Milner and Lallana next year.

He wouldn't say anything else publicly - 'Nah, both too old and knackered, hope the club bins them off' ???? He'll change his tune when we get decent replacements signed. Hope at least one of them (probably Adam) stays on as a coach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports