[Albion] How many do we need IN this summer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I think we need to be covering almost every position as at least ready to play squad players.

3 defenders (RB,LB and CB)
2 Midfielders (DCM CM)
2 wingers (LW, RW)
I forward (No 9, unless Undaz returns)

I think we are probably ok for No 10 options and Goalkeepers seeing as Rushworth and Beadle can come back.

There is a clear out that needs to happen with some of the less successful loanees and one or two injury prone players.

At the moment, of the youngsters blooded this season, only Hinshelwood and Barco appear to have the potential to stay in the squad (I suspect O'Mahony needs a good loan spell somewhere)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I would expect 2 for the 1st team - right back and central midfielder, and then the usual crop of young ones for the future. I reckon a £30m to £50m spend.

Obviously if Mitoma or Ferguson were to be sold then we'd need a another couple on top of that, but just can't see us going mad as we rarely do - whether we as fans want 5 or 6 1st teamers, it rarely transpires. Suspect more outgoings than incomings as with our injured players back that will obviously help too.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Why are some people so desperate to bin off Moder? Just back from a serious injury, and not up to full speed yet, and an excellent player before his injury. Let's see how he does next season!
Because he is not up to it
does not offer much in attack or defence, I can’t work out what his strengths are

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
We need 2 central midfield players , a central defender and a right back all needs attention

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I would expect 2 for the 1st team - right back and central midfielder, and then the usual crop of young ones for the future. I reckon a £30m to £50m spend.

Obviously if Mitoma or Ferguson were to be sold then we'd need a another couple on top of that, but just can't see us going mad as we rarely do - whether we as fans want 5 or 6 1st teamers, it rarely transpires. Suspect more outgoings than incomings as with our injured players back that will obviously help too.
Yes, I’d want a RW too but three would do me. Midfield is absolutely a must to replace the hole that Dahoud left. KDH would be ideal. Hinshelwood can add to our options here too.
RB - Wesley from Flamenco. He’s inexperienced but we can rotate with Veltman and Hinshelwood.
Nicolas Gonzalez as RW.
Job done.

Me Atome

Mar 10, 2024
Everyone seems to be assuming that Mitoma and March will be back at their best in the team. Is there any news about this?

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Need to sort the defence out , sorry to say Dunky has been good it the past but needs to move on now to a championship side I’m afraid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports