Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] How many Christmas/Winter cards have you had?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
What a miserable bunch of ******** you are NSC!

We have sent around 100 and have received around 80 so far.

Does help that my late Mother-in-Law was one of seven so Mrs Jakarta has squillions of cousins who she keeps in touch with.

A HEARTWARMING Time of Year...

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Received 29 so far.
One card was blank though, they are saving on ink this year :smile:
And another one received from a random family for the previous owners of my house, had one every year for 10 years.

My Old Mum has sent me three so far - she is 86 years old tho she keeps reminding me:)

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Received nearly 50 just from the girls and helpers at the two Rainbow Guiding units the wife runs! Total cards probably into 3 figures.

I’ve not sent any for years but the better half sends Lord knows how many - she enjoys it!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What a miserable bunch of ******** you are NSC!

We have sent around 100 and have received around 80 so far.

Does help that my late Mother-in-Law was one of seven so Mrs Jakarta has squillions of cousins who she keeps in touch with.

A HEARTWARMING Time of Year...

Not me. We sent 40 odd and have received 30 odd. I only buy charity cards as charities need this extra bubble of income at this time of year. I enjoy sending them to people I don't see too often and include genuine good wishes to them and families for Christmas (NOT the holidays). I also enjoy receiving and hearing from friends with cheery messages of goodwill and seasonal pictures to brighten up the house. On the other hand, I am disappointed if cards have glitter as they aren't recyclable and have no time for those who kindly enclose their annual family boasting letter including all their wonderful holidays, expensive new hobbies (this year one included kayaking and travelling Europe in their new, expensive
camper van). Perhaps those who don't bother with cards have also lost a little of the joy of Christmas. Personally, a Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve with a hearty rendition of a few carols, a few moments of quiet contemplation in church followed by a wafer and a sip of red wine puts me in a good frame of mind for the celebrations (and Quality Street) to come.
P.S. I realise this isn't for everybody :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here