Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many cats is too many cats?

How many is too many? 1,2,3 or more than 4.

• 1 - fair doos, they look after themselves and everyone needs a bit of company

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • 2 - maybe Tiddles needs a friend?

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • 3 - MMmmmmm, the house is starting to smell now.

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • 4 or more - Right, call social services.

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of interest, how many felines do you need to own to change from being a simple pet owner to 'that weirdo with all the cats?'

I'm just wondering like.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

One cat is normal. Two is understandable, they can keep each other company. Three or more is just anti-social. My next door neighbours but one, recently moved in, have four of the f*****s. Now I actually quite like cats, but when planting out my bedding plants, about now, I get seriously pissed off when crumbling the soil to feel this a soft, squidgy turd between my fingers which then begins to stink as well.

I now have the biggest, f**k off water pistol you have ever seen. After a few direct hits they seem to be avoiding me now. Combined with spikes in the soil and cat repellant I am starting to see far less of the cats.

PS Any single woman with more than one cat is obviously a psycho!

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
we have 4 cats but used to have 7 , we've got 3 dogs aswell and they are more annoying than the cats!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think it depends on the living arrangements of the felines and owners

I lived with a girl who had four, which was manageable

An old duffer with one front tooth that eventually (and amusingly) fell out

Two boys of mid-age and a young female that I traumatised by accidentally treading on her when I came home from the pub one night

We lived in a terraced house with a small back garden they could use, so didn't really affect the neighbours

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think anything more than two and you and the house will eventually stink of wee, of course this depends on the size of your house, bathing habits and the cats themselves.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
5 and they have all come from those weirdo's that say they like cats then when the time comes to neuter them and look after their needs they (the cats) get slung out on the street or out of a moving car or dumped on the like of my other half and myself who they know "will look after them"
and the last knockings is if you can't or won't look after them pass them on to someone who can or have the guts to have them put to sleep
this thread really is bollocks

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
we have 3 cats and 1 dog and yes, they're all above me in the pecking order in my wifes eyes! with that in mind, 1 cat is too many :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Where's the option for none ?. Dogs are the way to go.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
A timely thread...

Being allergic I'd have to go with Nil.

That said, the rest of the family is in raptures today because a small tabby kitten wearing a pink diamond studded collar has arrived in our garden and shows no intention of going away. Amazingly this luxury collar which appears to contain a remote control for a swanky cat flap has absolutely no ownership details on it - I suspect the owners are not the most practical of folk!

The wife and kids are now worrying about what to do with the thing overnight. My vote goes for just leaving it in the garden and letting it decide whether to wander off home or stick around. Too much affection and we could end up adopting the thing - or more accurately having it adopt us.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
A timely thread...

Being allergic I'd have to go with Nil.

That said, the rest of the family is in raptures today because a small tabby kitten wearing a pink diamond studded collar has arrived in our garden and shows no intention of going away. Amazingly this luxury collar which appears to contain a remote control for a swanky cat flap has absolutely no ownership details on it - I suspect the owners are not the most practical of folk!

The wife and kids are now worrying about what to do with the thing overnight. My vote goes for just leaving it in the garden and letting it decide whether to wander off home or stick around. Too much affection and we could end up adopting the thing - or more accurately having it adopt us.

Most cats now have an electronic tag under the soft skin in their neck. If you take it to a vets they will scan it like a pack of biscuits in Tesco and the details of the cat will appear on their datatbase. Clever innit.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Cats are oversized vermin. There should be a season for shooting them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here