Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many CAPITAL cities do you know?!

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
A lot of people I know, when trying this quiz is complain about African capitals. Try the quiz which tests JUST the African capitals, I just did it:

You got 42 out of 54 answers correct

I know every single capital now in every single continent apart from bloody Africa, all the capitals are spelled the same and are hard to learn, easy to get mixed up.:dunce:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/capitals_africa

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
A lot of people I know, when trying this quiz is complain about African capitals. Try the quiz which tests JUST the African capitals, I just did it:

You got 42 out of 54 answers correct

I know every single capital now in every single continent apart from bloody Africa, all the capitals are spelled the same and are hard to learn, easy to get mixed up.:dunce:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/capitals_africa

to us oldun's Lagos was the capital city of Nigeria,don't think it still is though?

South Africa's got about 3,what is it,admin,offical and something else?

my favourite,which I quote everytime this subject comes up is Managua,Nicaragua

only have to hear that once and never forget it

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
to us oldun's Lagos was the capital city of Nigeria,don't think it still is though?

i'm only 25 but was adamant that Lagos was the capital of Nigeria. argued it forever at a pub quiz while in Thailand last month and it was looked up for me to be put in my place...

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton

Use the exact same technique.

With remembering them, I just use mnemonics like that.

For example, I know that Morini is the capital of Comoros as I remember it as "everyone in Comoros is a moron."

Other ones are Suriname and it's capital Paramaribo, I remember as I just think of someone with a SURNAME of "Paramaribo."

They're strange but work for me.

I do this with all of the ones I just don't know, still though some just don't stick in the head, and when I try the test again I just go blank on that certain city, so annoying!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
84 on my first try and I'm by no means one of those saddos who sits there and learns them all :thumbsup:

I think I might become one though :nono:

Edit: 101 on my second try! There are quite a few more that I could place roughly on a map but just haven't mentally linked them with a country.

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
176 first attempt thanks to some guesses :)

but did get a 1st in Geography......... then again pretty drunk right now

Was so determined to beat the OP and just failed (though sounds like a few attempts were had! Cheeky)

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
176 first attempt thanks to some guesses :)

but did get a 1st in Geography......... then again pretty drunk right now

Was so determined to beat the OP and just failed (though sounds like a few attempts were had! Cheeky)

Many, first attempt before I got into it was about 130, maybe 140, always been alright at capitals but never knew the bizarre ones until recently.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As a side note,my daughter is studying geography at uni, she thought C Columbia was in Africa!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004

make that 135 - i got papua new guinea, costa rica and bosnia but not correct spelling

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here