Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] How many are the Tories going to win by?

How many are the Tories going to win by?

• 1-10

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • 11-20

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • 21-30

Votes: 36 18.3%
  • 31-40

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • 41-50

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • 51-60

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • 61-70

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 71-80

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • 81-90

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 91-100

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 100+

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • They will not have a majority

Votes: 53 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fortunately Conservatives do win as it stops a dangerous Marxist getting into power.

Is Corbyn a Marxist, though? A Marxist is quite a specific thing, much like a Nazi, and I've never seen or heard anything to suggest he is a Marxist.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The bookies Smarkets have it at 52. Halving that for over confidence by punters, I’ve gone for 26.

But wouldn’t be shocked by a hung Commons.

The weather. Tactical voting. Youth vote. Brexit. Polls and bookies could be all over the shop this election.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Think you need to look at what ex Labour MPs have been saying.

Don't worry, I have, in depth, not just from a media prism some people seem to operate in. Their back story, history. Slightly easier with a former Tory Prime Minister though. Ian Austin's achievements don't exactly stack up to the same level as John Major, you know, the Tory PM that Tories claim is the sole reason Blair inherited a strong growing economy. A moderate in the party who finds it's current leader abhorrent, as does his former leadership contender Michael Heseltine, as do former Attorney Generals, Cabinet members, high flying important members of the party.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I wish I had the confidence of some on this thread. I reckon around 350 seats.

The tories are going to absolutely run amok, mark my words.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The weather. Tactical voting. Youth vote. Brexit. Polls and bookies could be all over the shop this election.

I agree, it's all up in the air.

But don't pollsters, especially YouGov, take tactical voting and the youth vote into their polling and analysis? YouGov survey across all age bands, and their work is very carefully targeted on marginals.

Some people seem to wishful think that election results are: Whatever YouGov etc calculate, plus 3 million other shy Labour voters on the day itself.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How many are the Tories going to win by?
What? This is the worst government I can remember us having, and you think they're going to win again? :laugh: Yeah, good one crodo, good one.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The tories are going to absolutely run amok, mark my words.

Just interested in how you decided which was the smuggest most punchable tory you could have as your avatar? I think Cleverly's a good choice for trolling, but what made you go with him rather than say Michael Gove or Priti Patel?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
60+ majority for the Prime Liar.

Announced just after 10pm when the BBC reveals its exit poll.

Corbyn gone by Saturday.
Every cloud.

But Christ, think of the damage that buffoon can do to us in 5 years with a majority :facepalm:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What? This is the worst government I can remember us having, and you think they're going to win again? :laugh: Yeah, good one crodo, good one.

They appear to have captivated the nation with their bold policies driving Britain forward and their oven/microwave ready Brexit deal.

The proof of the pudding as they say is in the eating and we shall find out tonight.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
@%1;

Hopefully enough to ensure Corbyn resigns and takes his extremist Marxist mates with him. This will empower the decent moderate labour mp’s to restore the Labour Party to the way it was under Blair and brown and make labour much more electable in the future.
Well yes, we need Corbyn and his muppets to go, but I'm hoping 'enough' is still a tiny amount.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I agree, it's all up in the air.

But don't pollsters, especially YouGov, take tactical voting and the youth vote into their polling and analysis? YouGov survey across all age bands, and their work is very carefully targeted on marginals.

Some people seem to wishful think that election results are: Whatever YouGov etc calculate, plus 3 million other shy Labour voters on the day itself.

YouGov is run by a former Conservative candidate and has always favoured and has always reflected their political leaning. MRP has been elevated to a mythical status because it called a hung parliament in 2017, even though it's actual seat predictions between parties was well off. Seems they're being given much of the emphasis as the leading pollster in this race, but even Cummings has been writing how he fears predicting a Tory majority might actually cost them today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here