Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many along with me were saying -

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Virgs don't try and shoot from there you're to far out.Watch this go miles pass the goal.Especially just after his miscontrolled back pass that went out for a corner.Good job we have no control over anything going on on the pitch.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
oapdodge said:
Virgs don't try and shoot from there you're to far out.Watch this go miles pass the goal.Especially just after his miscontrolled back pass that went out for a corner.Good job we have no control over anything going on on the pitch.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

my words were. 'why the f*** is he taking this! just because he scored against swindon he thinks hes.....oh virgo!!! yes!!!!!!!!!what a beuty!!!!!! hahaha!!!!!!!! i knew he would score!'

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I said that he is the best striker of a ball at the club with 1 minute left he HAD to have a go. Luckily I was right although I said it more in hope than expectation. I expected him to blast it at the wall and hopefully we would get on the end of a rebound.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I actually had a feeling it might go in. It just seemed to take ages to take the kick and everything just seemed so in place for a goal. Obviously I didn't say this at the time because it was a redicukous notion but there you go!

Where I was, people were walking out as the free kick was being taken - some were long gone. Let's be honest, our good mood tonight is just the total unbelievability of what happened with that grass-cutter.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
my word where

"yes he's gonna score this"
"nope ,his run ups too far out"
"actually"
"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
from that awful backpass to that thunderbolt free kick in a matter of minutes! talk about the ups and downs of football

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
i had me head me in me hands, hoping no trains were due to come because i was sure it was goin on the track.

Last edited:

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
I was thinking he's either going to sky it or it will it the wall, so someone els should chip it in, thankfully i was wrong :clap2:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
It seemed a little odd that our right back was about to take a kick so late in the game, especially as Currie is meant to take a decent free kick.

But it all worked out in the end thankfully!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was actually praying he would take it, because of the time.

He's obviously got the hardest shot at the club, and from that distance you can't try and curl it in (unless you're Beckham)

I was thinking - Virgs just twat the thing...

(although he seemed to get a better contact with the ground )

By the way, nobody has seemed to mention that class free kick by Jones? at Reading - kissed the post.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I was thinking that Currie was going to take it, and must admit was waiting for the cheers of derision from the Cov fans as he caused a pile-up on the A23...

But mericfully :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Mark McGhee said he was worried about the safety of his car out in the car park:lolol: "He's got the hardest shot at the club but he can be a bit wayward at times".:lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: How many along with me were saying -

mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
my words were. 'why the f*** is he taking this! just because he scored against swindon he thinks hes.....oh virgo!!! yes!!!!!!!!!what a beuty!!!!!! hahaha!!!!!!!! i knew he would score!'

:lolol:

when ever he goes near a free kick thats most the crowds reaction

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here