Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How long will we be kept in stadium after Roma game?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Anyone with insight on this from other teams?

I've heard that Arsenal were kept back 3 hours in 2009. This would obviously be fecking horrific.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I've heard that Arsenal were kept back 3 hours in 2009. This would obviously be fecking horrific.
@SeanInRome said on the Private Seat thread that it is usually 40 - 80 minutes. But yes, he did also say Man City were held back for 3 hours in Naples the other year

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It will be based on an assessment made by the ultras. Give them plenty of time to arrange their ambush.
Well I guess arsenal knocked them out in the game they were held back so that could be a reason.

If we absolutely batter them on the field it may increase the time :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Until Saturday morning, apparently

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm happy to be kept back for safety reasons as long as it is transmitted between the police and us as to the length of time and the toilets & kiosks are kept open.
To be stacked up on a stairway for an hour facing fully tooled up riot police who stare at you unmoving but threateningly is no fun.
At least have someone from the club on hand letting us know the situation, there's a lot of them in town, leave a couple at the ground post match.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

As long as they haven't run out of beer by that point, it won't be horrific.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
75 mins I reckon.

Won't have the farce of Marseille again where we had to wait for the Ultras to come back and retrieve their banners so that the stadium could be used for rugby, and as it is the first leg, I highly doubt we will see scenes like AEK again where they all kick off.

It's a big stadium though, and they'll want to clear the immediate area so coaches can get out cleanly. That'll take a minimum 75 minutes on the eve of a national strike.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
75 mins I reckon.

Won't have the farce of Marseille again where we had to wait for the Ultras to come back and retrieve their banners so that the stadium could be used for rugby, and as it is the first leg, I highly doubt we will see scenes like AEK again where they all kick off.

It's a big stadium though, and they'll want to clear the immediate area so coaches can get out cleanly. That'll take a minimum 75 minutes on the eve of a national strike.
...although, coincidentally, the stadium is being used for rugby on Saturday.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Think this trip is going to open a few eyes wider as to policing in Europe. The Italians and the Spanish are by far the worst in my experience. They are baton over the head first ask questions second. Similar to the French they will have different forces who will all work independently of one another. So you'll have the local police and then the national police and then a riot division. At the last Italy England game in Naples last year I had my ticket and ID checked 5 times within the space of a hundred yards and was searched 3 times before getting to the turnstile only to be searched again the other side of the gate.

As for being held back it wasn't as bad as Marseille but it wasn't far off it. They actually let us out of the ground after about 50 minutes and they walked us round to a row of buses which were waiting ready to take us back into town. We all crammed on (and I mean tube rush hour crammed) and waited and waited and waited. 90 minutes later we left and were then driven out of Naples to the ring road, driven round the city and back in via the port. Think we got back to the drop off point at 1:15ish when the game finished at 10:45.

Appreciate that was Naples but I'm not expecting it to be very different.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Think this trip is going to open a few eyes wider as to policing in Europe. The Italians and the Spanish are by far the worst in my experience. They are baton over the head first ask questions second. Similar to the French they will have different forces who will all work independently of one another. So you'll have the local police and then the national police and then a riot division. At the last Italy England game in Naples last year I had my ticket and ID checked 5 times within the space of a hundred yards and was searched 3 times before getting to the turnstile only to be searched again the other side of the gate.

As for being held back it wasn't as bad as Marseille but it wasn't far off it. They actually let us out of the ground after about 50 minutes and they walked us round to a row of buses which were waiting ready to take us back into town. We all crammed on (and I mean tube rush hour crammed) and waited and waited and waited. 90 minutes later we left and were then driven out of Naples to the ring road, driven round the city and back in via the port. Think we got back to the drop off point at 1:15ish when the game finished at 10:45.

Appreciate that was Naples but I'm not expecting it to be very different.
agree . Think this is going to be a very different experience from our other games.

Keep your wits about you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here