Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long will NSC be out of Action for when the Falmer decision is made?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good point that needs an answer.

Last time NSC was down there it was like living in an Albion news-free Taliban state.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Jesus, when we get Falmer I ain't gonna be sitting at a keyboard:drink: :drink: :drink:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Great Cornholio said:
If it does go down - there are forums on Albion Archives as well as Brightonfans.com. Both should provide a bit of slack if NSC bites the bullet.
Not forgetting North Stand Polls of course. :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It will be an interesting test and I don't know how it will do until it happens.

However, if the site does go down - a quick email to the datacentre will see the server kicked and restarted and we'll be up and running again.

I could pay for some more memory to be thrown into it but there has been little sign that it needs it yet...

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
It struggled with the last anouchment

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bozza said:
It will be an interesting test and I don't know how it will do until it happens.

However, if the site does go down - a quick email to the datacentre will see the server kicked and restarted and we'll be up and running again.

I could pay for some more memory to be thrown into it but there has been little sign that it needs it yet...

This is probably just a naive thought from a techno-phobe.

But couldn't we all log on at around the same prearranged time, as a simple trial run, & see what happens.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Bozza said:

surely a dedicated server can accomodate more than 500 users? (does that sound about right at one time?) I've been on a diving forum with 1000 people logged on at once and BBS has loads as well

THE GUNT

Aug 8, 2005
Re: Re: How long will NSC be out of Action for when the Falmer decision is made?

Knightsworld said:
No need to. With the amount of us that have signed up to poker we should be ok:clap2:

Looks like Bozza could be onto a winner here!

I reckon he makes an absolute mint out of NSC. Those adverts pay you loads of dosh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here