Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long was it before Alex Ferguson won his first trophy at Man United?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
and it was this man who scored THE goal that ensured ferguson didnt get the sack:

legend :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I had a sneaky suspicion that you might pick up on that. :D

The Real League Table...

1) Wycombe
2) Darlington
3) Rochdale
------------------------
4) Bradford
5) Shrewsbury
6) Bury
7) Brentford
------------------------
8) Exeter
9) Dag & Red
10) Gillingham
11) Rotherham
etc.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I had a sneaky suspicion that you might pick up on that. :D

The Real League Table...

1) Wycombe
2) Darlington
3) Rochdale
------------------------
4) Bradford
5) Shrewsbury
6) Bury
7) Brentford
------------------------
8) Exeter
9) Dag & Red
10) Gillingham
11) Rotherham
etc.

never has a truer word been spoken on this board :clap: :clap: :clap:

survival in the division and the paint trophy would make a TRULY satisfying season

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
he does have a habbit of doing that though - taking the credit for signings that work out rather well, and then distancing himself as much as possible from cock ups like turienzo

What evidence, apart from hearsay on NSC, do you have to support that?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

The fact that Knight blamed McGhee for signing Turienzo, when various people (myself included) have heard from reliable 'sources' that McGhee said no and Knight signed him anyway, without realising he had to pay for him!!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Safeway dont start premiership threads,

I have always thought that the Zamora signing was rather flattering on Adams Did MA personally find him and convince the club that we needed him? Did he see something in him that no-one else did?

WTF, you could use that argument with pretty much every (successful) transfer that's ever happened in the history of the game.

With regard to convincing the club that we needed him, I'd say he probably did after Zamora's six goals in six loan games. Or are you going to say that Zamora himself persuaded Knight to get the cheque book out?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

a reliable source informed me that it was knight's decision to sign turienzo - which fits in with the fact that mcghee trialed him, let him go after one friendly for not being good enough, and then for some reason took him back and paid an extortionate fee for him - and then never playing him

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
WTF, you could use that argument with pretty much every (successful) transfer that's ever happened in the history of the game.

With regard to convincing the club that we needed him, I'd say he probably did after Zamora's six goals in six loan games. Or are you going to say that Zamora himself persuaded Knight to get the cheque book out?

True. It was just my take on things. Scouts recommend that Adams should watch a certain player. The Pinamonte deal falls through and we throw BZ into the side. He scores 6 in 6 and the club decide to 'take a chance' with him.

Zamore did pretty much instigate the contract process, before the offer was even there.

D

Deleted User X18H

For one thing at the time we signed him Bristol Rovers weren't willing to sell but were up shit creek financially and in admin or as near as.

It was the accountants who sold Zamora we had one offer turned down in July 2000 then the money men were informed we offered £100,000 ish Rovers said no the money men said Oi but out. YES sold to the man with the Larry Grayson glasses

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is that the same Zamora that said, after his loan spell, that he WOULDN'T ever sign for us?

Maybe he was just trying to up his price? ???

I don't remember that. Presumably he knew his worth, unlike Ian Holloway! You appear to be very good at answering your own questions.

Amazingly, he did not seem to be a player with a huge amount of options. Rotting away in the reserves at Brizzle Rovers and a short stint at Bath City. Even Norwich had turned him down (previously) for being too short.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here