How long should you bear a grudge?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
I've lived in Manccy Mancunia for the last 12 years and I've born a grudge against Man U for just about all that time. Ever since some of their fans were the only football fans I met who did not support us in our hours of need, did not support the campaign for a stadium, in fact said that football's only a business and small clubs like the Albion are bound to go to the wall and have had their day.

Now, a new colleague at work turns out to be a multi season ticket holder at Old Trafford. He sometimes has spare tickets for Man U games and is offering them to me "a proper football fan" rather than his fellow Man U fans at work.

Is it time to bury the hatchet and try to enjoy some good football?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Nah, remember Whiteside.

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
I do remember Whiteside

Thats another thing that got to me when I first moved here. Everyone seemed to have gone to the replay. No one, bar me, had been to the real final - the one Whiteside robbed us of.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Are you mad? :rant::rant::rant::rant: You'll be wanting to watch some team in Croydon next. Take some pills, have a lie down,and you'll feel better later.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
I do remember Whiteside

Thats another thing that got to me when I first moved here. Everyone seemed to have gone to the replay. No one, bar me, had been to the real final - the one Whiteside robbed us of.

no one will ever convince me that tackle was anything other than a racist assault.him being a paid up member of the UVF proves it for me.

you should go.
i have been twice ,to see england play.,the roof leaks so you can re-live the withdean experience.

and the stewards are the same as ours.jumped up little hitlers to make you feel really at home.

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
I've been to see England there, and years ago before they sought world domination I went a few times to watch Man U. But I'm not sure I can take it now.

As for the stewards - the bloke's wife is one.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
if you have had the old trafford experience then give it a miss,nice ground to visit but they aint the albion and can never replace them.
if you have a spare saturday afternoon(and lets face it, the sky run premier league means a game will be any time between fri evening till tuesday) spend it at a club that deserves your patronage.you have about half the football league to choose from up there.

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
if you have had the old trafford experience then give it a miss,nice ground to visit but they aint the albion and can never replace them.
if you have a spare saturday afternoon(and lets face it, the sky run premier league means a game will be any time between fri evening till tuesday) spend it at a club that deserves your patronage.you have about half the football league to choose from up there.

I certainly am not after a team to replace the Albion, and in the 12 years I've been up here I've been to most all the clubs that deserve my patronage plus quite a few that don't. Just wondering if I should be sociable with a fellow football fan.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I've lived in Manccy Mancunia for the last 12 years and I've born a grudge against Man U for just about all that time. Ever since some of their fans were the only football fans I met who did not support us in our hours of need, did not support the campaign for a stadium, in fact said that football's only a business and small clubs like the Albion are bound to go to the wall and have had their day.

Now, a new colleague at work turns out to be a multi season ticket holder at Old Trafford. He sometimes has spare tickets for Man U games and is offering them to me "a proper football fan" rather than his fellow Man U fans at work.

never ever ever. life is too short to spend time watching a bunch of wallys you do not support in a wretched ground surrounded by the largest group of cockballoons and douchebags found anywhere on a saturday afternoon.

dont do it.

Fixtures

Aug 12, 2007
Take the tickets and cheer for whoever they are playing against (Pompey excepted - skip that one). Since the other Manure fans around you aren't real fans you should not run into any problems letting them know exactly what you think about the Red Scum.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
never ever ever. life is too short to spend time watching a bunch of wallys you do not support in a wretched ground surrounded by the largest group of cockballoons and douchebags found anywhere on a saturday afternoon.

dont do it.

biased?

just because their rose is nicer than yours( and they have won more trophys)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It isn't a very impressive stadium when you look closely at it (lots of brieze blocks and steel girders on the inside of the stands), and the seats are incredibly uncomfortable unless you actually want to get intimate with the fat smelly bloke on your left. There is no leg room at all - worse than Easyjet.

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
Roma tomorrow or Wigan saturday "surrounded by the largest group of cockballoons and douchebags found anywhere on a saturday afternoon" - could be a laugh?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Life's too short to bear a grudge (unless it's against Palace, Leeds, or Ferrari). Go to the game and enjoy the overpriced beer that you can't drink near the pitch, the plastic fans there for a big club, and the annoying accents.

Now I remember why I was never in sales.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
i was 'lucky' enough to be given a ticket last season, including hospitality, just after i'd moved to manchester - they drew with middlesbrough and it was like a pantomime gone wrong, fanastic show of how football went wrong.

if a ground full bitter irish emigre, norwegian tourists and lost japanese students is your cup of tea then welcome to the magical world of manchester united.

spend 25 quid on going to see city, a better ground with some decent fans.

never forget that they opened a shop on western road when we were struggling in gillingham.

dont do it.

This is not an Elland Road thread....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports