Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long have you lived in your current abode?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
23 years. Used to move every couple of years, 5 different flats and 3 houses in previous 14 years. Bought it for the big Garden, then children came along and the schools were handy, a couple of extensions later and we are still here. Will probably move when kids move out as too big for two.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Lived in our house for five years but just about to move. We love the house and is perfect for our family but the constant noise from different student houses has made it pretty impossible for us to carry on living there. Just so damn expensive moving

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
3 years next week, I'm very much on the first rung so I'll probably be moving again in the next couple of years.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
11 years now, here in the heart of England since job forced move as a result of 9/11.
We talk about another move now the kids have finished school - but they're not in a place of their own yet so at least a few more years hear.

Might return to Sussex, but more likely stay up here. Even thought about New Zealand, but probably just a dream.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
15 years on my estate in The Peoples' Republic of Somersetshire, and can only see myself being boxed out of this place....I'll let you know.

Motherwombat has been in her mansion in Hove since 1959, but thinks folk will laugh at her if she posts this item.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
6 years, but about to move out (hopefully) as we need more room for the kids. As a child I only lived in two houses. As an adult I've been through three flats in Brighton, a maisonette in Hove, a house in Portslade and also lived in Sydney, Tokyo and Taipe. I make that 8 moves in 20 odd years.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
3 years 4 months in this house.
Spent most of that time extending/renovating/modernising it.
Currently landscaping the back garden.
Still got one bathroom to re-fit, and the front garden/driveway to re-configure.
When all finished will, hopefully, sell it at a decent profit, and retire to North Devon.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Just over 2 years. My first owned home.

Reminds me, i should sort out a new fixed rate mortage...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here