Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long have you had your mobile number?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Since 2003, nearly 12 years - but always been with Orange, now EE.

I am leaving EE at the end of my contract, because they're corporate scum who have destroyed Orange's quality service - so i will probably get a new number. End of an era.

That doesn't mean you need to change your number, just request your puk code when you leave your contract. Good luck finding a phone provider that's not corporate scum though.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
15yrs
Bought what was then called a gold sim to get an easy to remember phone number

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've had about 6 numbers so far, but kept this one for the last 5.

When I just used phones for calling and texting people it was easy to change numbers, but now nearly everything I deal with has an online function and online accounts, banks, car insurance, the Albion, all need a phone number in the contact details it's a pain remembering what needs updating so far simpler to get the PUK and not worry about it!!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good luck finding a phone provider that's not corporate scum though.

I'm with Three: I've stuck with them because the woman who sold me my phone -when I was hesitating about getting a smartphone - gave me her personal number if I ever wanted any help with it. I thought that was excellent customer service and I've stuck with them since - must say that they've been pretty good, have no complaints about them at all If they're corporate scum, they're pretty decent with it.

Oh, I've had the same number since 1997 - can't see any reason to change it

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Since 2001 i think

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Following a discussion on a social media site regarding mobile phones and numbers, it seems when people buy new phones they change the number,
Found this a bit strange personally and wondered why.

I've have the same number since 1994 and see no reason to change it.

Do people on here change them regularly?
Fibber! 07 numbers didn't exist until 1997.
edit: I see this was covered later.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've had your mobile number since 2007, but have heard about your over-anxious Michael Caine impersonations oft-used on the blower, so am reluctant to call you. Until i've mastered the vocals of Caine in Without a Clue, i shan't be in touch. Unless you change your number by then and i deliver "I'd rather walk naked through the fires of hell" to whomsoever has inherited your long dead digits. Hopefully a fan, but unlikely.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Had to look up Nokia phones to see year of manufacture for my first mobile phone 1997 I still have the same number so that's 17 years

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Dunno, but I've had the same number since my first phone which was one of these -

196002278_9c136c27-4378-42d4-95b5-37f412ef3447.jpg

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
About 6 years - the previous one I got loads of spam texts so got shot when I got a new blower.
The number I have now has a nice rhythm to it so is easy to remember so I intend to keep it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I still have my original UK number from way back.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
November 14th 1989. First contract was £25.00 per month line rental and calls were 25p per minute for the first minute then 12.5 pence per additional 30 seconds. A call lasting 1 minute and 1 second cost therefore 37.5 pence plus VAT. NO caller number display either then so you answered every one as a fledgeling business. My, how they've changed!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I got my first phone in 1999 and had a few new numbers until 2006 when I got a Tesco sim and they gave me a palindromic number (if you take the 0 off), I've had that ever since. It's all about waiting for the right number to come along.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've had the same number since November 1994 I think.

However I have 3 personal email addresses, plus various work ones. I really do wonder whether I should rationalise that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here