Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Increasingly long. Breakfast, interrupted by a shit after first cup of tea. Breakfast. Another shit (I have diverticulosis, bloody fhucking colon!). Consider another shit, then have a shower, Another cup of tea, downing two indomethacin, two glucosamine and chondroitin, and two eveining primrose oil. Do I need another shit? If so, then its back in the shower (my hygeine is fhucking Japanese). Then its 'where the f**** are my keys, iPod, wallet, train pass?'. Lights off. Ready to cycle to Fav station. It used to take me 50 minutes. Now its an hour and a half. This week, I thought 'f uck it, I'm working from home'. Hence the tsunami of NSC posts.... :ffsparr:

Are any of that plethora of tablets you take to do with your diverticulosis? I suffer from it too, but my GP's attitude to it seems to be m-eh, learn to live with it and keep an eye on your diet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
None. I got the same reaction from my doc . . .

The solution for me was eat lots of roughage, and avoid troughing on shite. I used to eat Kormas and that, and ended up doubled up in pain every morning. I have kept it at bay for ten years by inventing an entire diet based on celery, tomato, beetroot, garlic, fish, and a range of interesting veggies, herbs and spices.

My morning ritual is the result of the fact my colon is bent out of shape (diverticulosis) and needs several shakes before it is ready to give me the thumbs up. All the stabbing pain I used to get has gone, though, thanks to the diet.

PM me if you are interested in the food regime. I'll be on and offline, on and off, as always :wave:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
None. I got the same reaction from my doc . . .

The solution for me was eat lots of roughage, and avoid troughing on shite. I used to eat Kormas and that, and ended up doubled up in pain every morning. I have kept it at bay for ten years by inventing an entire diet based on celery, tomato, beetroot, garlic, fish, and a range of interesting veggies, herbs and spices.

My morning ritual is the result of the fact my colon is bent out of shape (diverticulosis) and needs several shakes before it is ready to give me the thumbs up. All the stabbing pain I used to get has gone, though, thanks to the diet.

PM me if you are interested in the food regime. I'll be on and offline, on and off, as always :wave:

Sorry - that was for Pasty!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here