Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How long do C19 vaccine side effects take to manifest themselves?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Off for jab number 2 today. After my first jab I felt very dizzy for 24 hours, having trouble to even walk. Would suggest not driving alone for a couple of days. But then I think it affects people differently. Four in my household, two had second jab, and all suffered in different ways.
For real men it's an excuse to lay on the sofa for a couple of days!

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Had mine at lunchtime, absolutely right as rain all day, went to bed 10.30ish and woke at 12.30 absolutely rough as areseholes, cold shivering and sweating, finally got back to sleep at 5.30, up for work at 6.30 feeling fine and then felt like I had a hangover for the rest of the day.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Had first jabs a couple of months ago (AZ), absolutely no effects whatsoever for me or Mrs Wz :shrug:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
First AZ jab a few weeks ago, no side effects aside from slightly sore arm for a couple of hours. No worse than flu jab I had earlier in year.

I am sure there is a bell curve distribution of side effects, I'm clearly well over to the Left (not usual for me!)

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Had my jab at 10am in the morning. Felt fine going to bed at 11pm. Woke up at 1.30am shivering and very very hot (fever of 39.2). Got naff all sleep until kids went to school. Slept 9am until 1pm and I woke up feeling fine apart from a slight ache. Bizarre. Never experienced anything like it because normally after a really high fever it takes a few days to feel normal.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Had my 1st AZ jab last Thursday around 7pm, felt absolutely fine all evening, just a bit of tiredness crept in as the evening wore on.
Following morning, my arm ached, had a stomping headache and lethargic. Went to work, my boss told me I looked like shit, told me to get the important things done and go home. By midday my back and neck was killing me, headache was severe, energy was almost completely absent, hot and cold flushes and I couldn't think straight at all.
Following day, arm was still hurting and could feel the aftereffects in my lower back and neck still, but everything else was back to normal like it never happened.
My Mrs had the jab the same time, she had a sore arm and a bit of a headache for a bit but was right as rain.
It's really strange feeling unwell when there's actually nothing wrong with you at all. I guess I was just a bit unlucky that it all hit me, or my Mrs was very lucky to get away with it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
2 Pfizer jabs and no ill effects at all, not even a sore arm. My wife was in bed for two days after the first jab but no reaction to the second

They are not mixing placebos with the real thing are they? :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
2 Pfizer jabs and no ill effects at all, not even a sore arm. My wife was in bed for two days after the first jab but no reaction to the second

They are not mixing placebos with the real thing are they? :lolol:

Strange as it may seem ...that evening of my jab ..feeling fine I began to doubt whether I’d had the proper liquid injected
The flip side is I wondered if the second one will be the complete opposite

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
How are you this morning [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] ???

Surprisingly okay, thanks :shrug:

Apart from a dull ache in my arm I feel fine. Speaking of dull aches, I was driving to the gym this morning when a football finance DULLARD was a guest on 5 Live. I wish the BBC would broadcast a warning if you are driving or operating heavy machinery; after just a minute or so I could feel my eye lids getting heavy and it was only thanks to the Driver Alert system kicking in that I didn’t swerve off into the hedge.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Pfizer for me:

1st dose I woke up the day after with hangover symptoms, had a cup of tea and breakfast and it went away.
2nd dose this past Thursday, Friday morning my arm was sore that was it, by Friday night my lymph nodes under my armpit of the arm I got the jab in had really swollen up and were proper sore to the touch. By Saturday afternoon that had passed and all was normal from then on.

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
I've now had both doses of the AZ vaccine. After the 1st dose, I initially had a heavy arm but then I started feeling quite rough with flu like aches which started about 2 or 3 days after the jab, and lasted for about 3 days or so.

Following the 2nd jab, I had another heavy arm, and thought that I had got off lightly, however last week I had a sore rib, and it turns out that I'm suffering from a dose of Shingles. I'm not saying that it's linked to the vaccine, but I've not been anywhere apart from having the jab!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I had the AZ jab and 9 hours after felt acute uncontrollable shivers. 16 hours later I had what felt like the worst hangover ever and
was vomiting every 2 hours. By the night-time (28 hours later) I started to feel fine.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
When I got my first (and thus far only) AZ jab on a Saturday lunchtime I didn't notice anything until Sunday night (a bruised sensation around the spot I had it), was gone by Monday afternoon.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I had my first jab in February, and had my second on Saturday. The first one I felt like I had flu, headache shaky, couldn’t get warm , aches all over, and felt a bit out of it. It lasted about 24-36 hours. Surprisingly, my arm never hurt at all.
This jab, absolutely no side effects whatsoever. A very slight headache Sunday morning, I don’t even know if that was the jab or the 4 bottles of Old Speckled Hen on Saturday night celebrating our fantastic win.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Had first jab Pfizer end of Feb, no after effect. 2nd Pfizer on Thursday, all fine woke up Friday mild headache 10am hit by wave of headiness stiff shoulders a fatigue, went back to bed and slept for six hours, Saturday a bit better but still headache and tired, Monday all okay. Bit tired but put tht down to 5 pints of long blonde.....

Told after effects are body accepting vaccine in system and beginning to work

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Similar to much of the above - had the shivers about 12hrs after the (1st dose) AZ jab - really rough night

Then, felt like a pretty bad hangover the next day and then just a bit rubbish for the next 3ish days. Basically a week of feeling various degrees of 'ill'

I've still got a hard lump where I had the jab 2 weeks on. Extremely grateful to have had it though obvs...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Pfizer for me:

1st dose I woke up the day after with hangover symptoms, had a cup of tea and breakfast and it went away.
2nd dose this past Thursday, Friday morning my arm was sore that was it, by Friday night my lymph nodes under my armpit of the arm I got the jab in had really swollen up and were proper sore to the touch. By Saturday afternoon that had passed and all was normal from then on.

Funny you should say that - I had the Pfizer jabs and didn't have that reaction, but a few weeks ago I got my second shingles vaccine and had exactly that response - very sore for a couple of days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here