Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How long do C19 vaccine side effects take to manifest themselves?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Jab Friday afternoon
All good no problems
Bit ropey Monday morning
Then overnight M/ T sweats and chills 3 changes of bed wear overnight
Back to normal inside 24 hrs
Took a rapid flow test as symptoms appeared after 48 hrs
All good Although I since understand these are a little unreliable

warlingham seagull

Jul 28, 2004
Warlingham
AZ first vaccination had a reaction. Had it 9am felt ok until bedtime but had a bad night ,little sleep and very hot. 10 hours sleep the following night then on the mend. Second vaccination no reaction at all

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I’ve had both Pfizer jabs, no effects from either apart from a stiff arm for a few hours and a runny nose after my second jab that I had on Thursday.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I had first AZ jab late on a Sunday evening. Joints totally seized up by Monday evening. Back to normal by Wednesday morning but the arm ache lasted a week. Wife had the good stuff, she had a slight headache and stiff arm

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
AZ about 4 weeks ago. Felt bad for 3 days. First 12hrs no problems. Then sweats, chills and generally under the weather but have been licking the escalator at the local Waitrose and have so far avoided COVID, so must be good😂😂

Get the jab😀

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Had the jab at midday a few weeks back, started feeling rough that evening and had a couple of paracetamol and slept fine. I woke up the following morning feeling like I had a hang over and that lasted throughout the day until I got home, took 2 more paracetamol and slept fine again.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Ha ha, as a cynical so and so, I thought you meant 10 years, 20 years! The computer programming power that has modelled millions of mutations, other drugs, health issues etc are now so sophisticated that this shouldn’t happen. Any adverse effects will be a lot better than this f###er.

As for short term. I am trendy. I had Moderna at AFC Wimbledon’s brand new ground. I felt knackered for 3 days and then picked up a horrendous cold via my kids from school. But it’s a MAN cold.

I work with a guy who once coined the phrase “fracturing the spiral.” It was aimed at a financial tool. The vaccine fractures the spiral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I’ve only had first jab and only had a slightly sore arm...and I mean slight...didn’t even stop me sleeping on that side

I would add I took a couple of paracetamol just before jab and just before bed as a precaution

I concur with the first statement but I didn’t take any precautionary medication!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Pfizer. First jab absolutely no probs. Second gave me mild flu symptoms the next morning for about 24 hours but a sore lower back for a week. I always get a sore back if I get flu.

Similar for me - but I've now had both jabs - no effects with the first one, but VERY mild flu-symptoms 36 hours after the 2nd jab - lasted 12 hours - both gave the sore arm experience.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, I’m 16 hrs in and so far no sign of that particular side effect.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

I had no reaction at all to the first jab.

Everything was fine in this ole house.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Have to say I had zero side effects to the AZ vaccine - hopefully you will be the same, besides what’s one Bank Holiday weekend ruined matter anyway?

Same for me. I had the AZ vaccine - zero side-effects. Got the second one in about a fortnight.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I appreciate this should possibly be on the Covid sub forum but this isn't really about Covid as such but more looking for advice / experiences from those that have already been vaccinated.

I was given the AZ vaccine at 10am today and anecdotal evidence from others I have spoken to - plus guidance from the NHS staff administering the vaccine - was that I shouldn't be surprsied if I feel a bit rough for a while afterwards. So far I feel fine; perhaps a little fatigued but posibly no more so than I generally do on a Sunday evening.

So if I have gone 10hrs without feeling unwell / like I have mild flu etc, is the experience of others that I'm likely to avoid the worst of the side effects (ie headache, aches, fatigue etc)? Or are they likely to kick in in the middle of the night / tomorrow?

Other than an a sore arm you should be over any negative effects within 36 hours . I got lucky, had a brace of Pfizers and was fine apart from a very sore arm for the first one, they must have hit a nerve ! However, if you do get any worrying ill effects get in touch with the NHS Covid-19 helpline, there's always a very slim chance that something bad could happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here