Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long did it take to get home tonight?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
3 hours. Oxford to Essex. As per ****ing usual.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
4 1/2 mins not my best time not my worst.

A fecking 50 min slog from burgess hill to hove dog track though. Sodding traffic was insane on A23/A27.

My journey home from the RSCH to Firle took less than 40 minutes (bus to Brighton Station / train to Lewes / lift to Firle).

On the other hand, a contract transport service that I am responsible for providing took 2 hours to get from central Brighton to Peacehaven, thanks to the diversion at Rottingdean (to avoid the closed A259) that sent it up to the A27, only to be delivered into the queue that was waiting for Ashcombe roundabout to return to normal. Then, eventually, via the C13 to Newhaven and onwards to Peacehaven,

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
4 1/2 mins not my best time not my worst.

A fecking 50 min slog from burgess hill to hove dog track though. Sodding traffic was insane on A23/A27.

**** it's Thursday! Numpty! How did Belle get on?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I was already at home. So feeling thoroughly cheated about being unable to contribute to this discussion, I drove from Firle to Lewes Station and back. Which took half an hour. Plus a minute or so for Lord Bracknell to forget what our car looks like.

BHAboi

Jan 26, 2009
BHA
The queue into Ditchling was starting to backup the downs! People get impatient always blocking each other in so only 2 or 3 cars can get past at a time rather than letting say 10 or 20 through each time. Traffic lights at either end of the village would do the trick

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Closing the A259 instead of routing the cars around the back streets was crazy. Lack of local knowledge I suppose.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
30 seconds; 10m from office in garden to house. Bit of dinner, and back up there for the late shift, unfortunately. It's times like yesterday where I don't miss commuting at all. My worst was about four hours from Dorking to Shoreham-by-Sea. The journey normally took around 45 minutes...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here