Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long before we are bigger than Palace again?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I'm not laughing at you, you nutter. I am taking the piss out of our rival club like any decent supporter should and I am taking it back on the chin.

Brighton is a good little club with a few plucky die-hard suporters. You will have thousands more come out of the woodwork when Falmer opens. They will shout "Come on the Brights" but they will put on their Chels*a shirts and drift back to their armchairs after you have been thrashed by the likes of Lincoln and Chesterfield a few times leaving you to sing "I'm the North side, I'm the North side over here!" and "I'm the toilet end, I'm the toilet end over here" etc.

But football is about the underdog. You will have many people following your slow climb out of whatever the lower leagues are called these days. I say good luck to you.

I'll let other people judge whether your comments are constructive or not.

Continue willing BHA to fail and you will be disappointed.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
To be fair in your last couple of years at the Goldstone your attendances weren't great were they? 10/11,000 if my memory serves me right, so the crowds were dwindling even back then. Falmer will bring some interest for the first few months and i suppose depending how you are doing on the pitch could well dwindle again. However in the same way as Palace the catchment area is big so who knows?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Unlike Palace, we're going to be able to wallow in the fact that our chairman actually owns our ground...

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Our time will come, but we all need to take a step back. Success will come but it will take time and that is what we've got time on our hands. Falmer is only two season away and next season won't be easy, so we can't expect instant success over night.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
To be fair in your last couple of years at the Goldstone your attendances weren't great were they? 10/11,000 if my memory serves me right, so the crowds were dwindling even back then. Falmer will bring some interest for the first few months and i suppose depending how you are doing on the pitch could well dwindle again. However in the same way as Palace the catchment area is big so who knows?

During the latter years at the Goldstone, much of the ground was closed for safety reasons.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
you f***ing hypocrite , giving it large about your rich chairman owning your ground , after all the holier than thou shit you and the likes of simster give me about chelsea.

You'd have thought that, with all that money, Chelsea would have their own fans message board for you to go and be a f***ing weirdo on. Bye.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
I'll let other people judge whether your comments are constructive or not.

Continue willing BHA to fail and you will be disappointed.

Where have I said I want Brighton to fail, you winkle?

If you look at previous posts, I wished you tossers well for your cup final against Stockport and hoped you would come back to the Championship as we were desperate for a laugh.

I think you are mis-handling the situation.

You lost the Goldstone. THAT is when you should have mobilised yourselves and had marches, etc... You hired the running track to the embarassment of the whole of English football - fair enough. Now you think that buying a shiny new ground is the panacea to all your ills.

Well ask Middlesborough about that, and Southampton and Charlt*n (R) and Hull and Leicester and any other team with a shiny new stadium.

You are in luck next season. Southampton will start on minus 10. Charlt*n (R) are relegation fodder. So that's two relegation places gone already. However, Millwall (probably), Leeds, Narwich, and several other League 1 sides are much better than you, so you will probably stay put. Build on promotion in the same year Falmer opens, if ever. Then you may get and keep a few new fans.

Over.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Our time will come, but we all need to take a step back. Success will come but it will take time and that is what we've got time on our hands. Falmer is only two season away and next season won't be easy, so we can't expect instant success over night.

Exactly what I have just said.

Do you like Cavalleria Rusticana, Terry?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As there is of Brighton being in league 2

you f***ing hypocrite , giving it large about your rich chairman owning your ground , after all the holier than thou shit you and the likes of simster give me about chelsea.
f*** Palace.

The best thing about the club owning our own ground is that when these billy big-club twats realise that the rest of us would rather not be belittled by them considering us as a "pet" club, and we grow in stature to actually prove as much - and they go and talk on their own club forums instead of spending all day on a site for ALBION fans.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Where have I said I want Brighton to fail, you winkle?

If you look at previous posts, I wished you tossers well for your cup final against Stockport and hoped you would come back to the Championship as we were desperate for a laugh.

I think you are mis-handling the situation.

You lost the Goldstone. THAT is when you should have mobilised yourselves and had marches, etc... You hired the running track to the embarassment of the whole of English football - fair enough. Now you think that buying a shiny new ground is the panacea to all your ills.

Well ask Middlesborough about that, and Southampton and Charlt*n (R) and Hull and Leicester and any other team with a shiny new stadium.

You are in luck next season. Southampton will start on minus 10. Charlt*n (R) are relegation fodder. So that's two relegation places gone already. However, Millwall (probably), Leeds, Narwich, and several other League 1 sides are much better than you, so you will probably stay put. Build on promotion in the same year Falmer opens, if ever. Then you may get and keep a few new fans.

Over.

When we protested to STOP what Archer and Bellotti were doing to the club, the FA rewarded us with a points deduction.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You lost the Goldstone. THAT is when you should have mobilised yourselves and had marches, etc...
WHY did no-one else think of that at the time? This guy's a GENIUS.
:lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here