Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long Before The Fans Turn on Poyet?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I agree with you but you are 1 week early to write us off. No new faces before the deadline = disaster. But there is still 8 days to go.
Don't be to generous with an extra week will you.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
I don't want to fall out with any Albion fans and we all have an opinion. I respect the fact that is yours...Don't believe this budget crap for one second and he has had backing, as has been discussed before. The fact he has spunked a lot of it on either players that can't do what he wants, or players that are just not good enough rather proves the point. Premiership, yeah right whatever!!!

Even without a crystal ball I can see this thread getting slated at 5pm tomorrow when we've nudged past an injury ravaged Barnsley side. 'You dont know what youre talking about' 'what crisis' etc etc..
We will then lose at Burnley and at home to Wednesday and this will come back and go into overdrive. 4 points from a possible 15 would be a cause for grave concern. What's even more concerning is out inability to win or even score(!) away from home. Our aggregate score over the last 10 away games in 22-4 ... is that good enough?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Poyet has laid the plans down now. He has more or less told the fans to forget about promotion or even a play off place this season already. Now to make such a bold statement, this must be the plan from Bloom and the directors as well. Still, the 5000 extra season tickets have been sold and the money is coming in now. I find it a bit of a con frankly. Just be honest about the ambitions. I was led to believe the club had serious ambitions to progress. All this crap about the budget is making excuses, Blackpool, Reading, Swansea and Norwich have all done it on similar or lower budgets in the last 3 years alone. So it seems that all ambition for promotion this season is already gone and Poyet has given up. The fact is he is under no pressure whatsoever as this thread shows and he probably know this with BHAFC fans bowing at his feet everytime he walks past them, he is bulletproof, he can do no wrong and he has no expectations on him, he knows 10th-21st will be accepted this season by 95% of the fans. This is not a good thing imo, Poyet and Bloom have already been given 5-10 years on this thread with no expecations and what I find the most surprising and disapointing is the complete lack of ambition from BHAFC fans.

Care to provide the evidence for these wild accusations ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Even without a crystal ball I can see this thread getting slated at 5pm tomorrow when we've nudged past an injury ravaged Barnsley side. 'You dont know what youre talking about' 'what crisis' etc etc..
We will then lose at Burnley and at home to Wednesday and this will come back and go into overdrive. 4 points from a possible 15 would be a cause for grave concern. What's even more concerning is out inability to win or even score(!) away from home. Our aggregate score over the last 10 away games in 22-4 ... is that good enough?
Any chance of this weeks lottery numbers ?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Uncle Spielberg;5130960/ said:
Poyet has laid the plans down nowHe has more or less told the fans to forget about promotion or even a play off place this season already.

it seems that all ambition for promotion this season is already gone and Poyet has given up. The fact is he is under no pressure whatsoever as this thread shows and he probably know this with BHAFC fans bowing at his feet everytime he walks past them, he is bulletproof, he can do no wrong and he has no expectations on him, .

Wow :lolol:

I mean...just...wow.

Your posts about LIFE were the ones which used to make you seem slightly silly. You can now add your football ones to that as well..

Last edited:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
21 pages, ffs, I'm on the Gus Bus having bought a season ticket for the long and exciting road ahead - no turning around for me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The problem with threads such as this is that people with a negative view tend to be VERY negative, and those who think the comments are harsh are seen to be apologists.

With the current squad we probably won't make the play-offs, which is a shame, but not the end of the world.

I think that those who are criticising Gus are perhaps being unfair. We have had problems with injuries to players who could make a difference (Vicente, Hoskins, Buckley, Noone is only just fit after six months, KLL has dodgy hamstrings and that will always be the case). Some players signed have disappointed (Harley for example).

My view is that ultimately money talks, and a squad on an average wage of £10,000 a week is likely to contain better players overall than a squad on an average wage of £4,000 a week. Some of the clubs in this division do have a financial advantage over us due to parachute payments (£18 million a year) or sugar daddies (Cardiff, Forest, Leicester).

If you find that unacceptable, then it is going to be a tough season, not just this one, but until TB either sells up (unlikely), or changes his viewpoint that he should underwrite losses on an operational level (also unlikely). If you think that the business model of aiming to breakeven is inappropriate, and we should break the bank to go for promotion, I would point out that the recently deceased Forest owner lost £100 million trying to do just that.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
I wouldnt turn on poyet and hope the fans dont either....but in my view...if we dont win against barnsley, i think it will actually be him that starts to think about his future. he says he wants a striker but keeps saying he cant compete with the funds of other clubs in the league. My own hunch (and I hope this doesnt happen, honest!) is that if form doesnt pick up, he might be the one saying he cant achieve what he wants because of the restrictions on wages the club will pay (even though he brought in Bruno, Bridge and Tomasz). We know we are a good side so lets see a goal or two on sat and, until the next game, we will feel a bit more optimistic.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
95% of the people say he is under no pressure at all and will never be, it seems.

You added the last bit for effect but it's bollocks, he is not under too much pressure at the moment because apart from not putting the ball in the net we are playing very well. If this lack of goals continues for a couple more games then the pressure will ramp up.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The problem with threads such as this is that people with a negative view tend to be VERY negative, and those who think the comments are harsh are seen to be apologists.

With the current squad we probably won't make the play-offs, which is a shame, but not the end of the world.

I think that those who are criticising Gus are perhaps being unfair. We have had problems with injuries to players who could make a difference (Vicente, Hoskins, Buckley, Noone is only just fit after six months, KLL has dodgy hamstrings and that will always be the case). Some players signed have disappointed (Harley for example).

My view is that ultimately money talks, and a squad on an average wage of £10,000 a week is likely to contain better players overall than a squad on an average wage of £4,000 a week. Some of the clubs in this division do have a financial advantage over us due to parachute payments (£18 million a year) or sugar daddies (Cardiff, Forest, Leicester).

If you find that unacceptable, then it is going to be a tough season, not just this one, but until TB either sells up (unlikely), or changes his viewpoint that he should underwrite losses on an operational level (also unlikely). If you think that the business model of aiming to breakeven is inappropriate, and we should break the bank to go for promotion, I would point out that the recently deceased Forest owner lost £100 million trying to do just that.

League position tends to be all about the money. Which is what made our Championship the more remarkable.

Gus is being honest (I can only suppose) when he talks about the number of clubs that can pay more than us - and you only have to look at who has been signing strikers to see he is probably right.

People need to be a bit realistic about this. We can punch above our weight - and that is what I hope - and expect.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
When will people realise that Gus is THE most successful manager since Barry Lloyd :)

Seriously though, we are playing good football, getting good players and beating premier league teams REGULARLY. What else do people actually want?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Great post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here