Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long Before The Fans Turn on Poyet?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Oh, are we ignoring how quickly Albion managers bit the bullet when Tony Bloom controlled the Albion in all but name. OK then.

Just because this is your site does not give you the right to talk sense,nonsense only please.Hey i could be a MOD:lolol:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Bloom ditched Wilkins to bring back Adams ? Wow. Knight really was a stooge.

Adams MK2 ? Could be. The whole saga was strange.

Slade for sure - but that was to bring in a man that I assume he felt he could trust with the budget.

If that is right perhaps Bloom could be described as a hire-em fire-em.

Just to add - I wonder if it will be different if you are the front man - rather than in the background with someone else to take the credit/flack for decisions.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
If we were to get beat by a depleted Barnsley side then questions will deservedly be asked

we will not let any in Gus has seen to that, but who is going to score?McSmudger - Hoskins i don`think so Barnes maybe, we definately need a striker

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha good one !!! MEH !!

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Oh, are we ignoring how quickly Albion managers bit the bullet when Tony Bloom controlled the Albion in all but name. OK then.

Will be interesting to see how Bloom deals with this. The fact Poyet is 1 yr into a 5yr contract doesn't make a sacking easy. But if he has a manager who's proven at this level waiting in the wings...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
After the press conference yesterday, Poyets general negativity and the concensus on here that Bloom is not really that bothered I have now given up on any hope at all of promotion or a play off place this season and will get back in my box and accept a mid table / lower half campaign is where the bar is now set for this club. Sad, but that appears to be the case now.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
After the press conference yesterday, Poyets general negativity and the concensus on here that Bloom is not really that bothered I have now given up on any hope at all of promotion or a play off place this season and will get back in my box and accept a mid table / lower half campaign is where the bar is now set for this club. Sad, but that appears to be the case now.

If you can come to that decision based on two matches, one press conference and a binfest thread on NSC then I'd suggest you might want to develop your decision making skills.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you can come to that decision based on two matches, one press conference and a binfest thread on NSC then I'd suggest you might want to develop your decision making skills.

I just find it odd that the club have put in 5000 new seats and Perry stated a few months ago the ambitions of the club where to be in the premiership very soon but now everyone on here has said that is unrealistic and apart from a few voices everyone is happy with mid table or not getting relegated championship football for at least 5-10 seasons even going as far as saying if we have 0 wins at Xmas after over 20 games Poyet would still get his support. So it seems BHAFC fans have absolutely no ambition whatsoever and from the rumblings of Poyet and Bloom , now that everyone has stated he is not indeed bothered that we go up and has no agenda or timescale the whole thing is now championship at best for a long time and be happy with that. This was not the plan, or at least , was not the plan when the Amex was unveiled last season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I'd wait until the window closes before getting too depressed about it :rolleyes:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I just find it odd that the club have put in 5000 new seats and Perry stated a few months ago the ambitions of the club where to be in the premiership very soon but now everyone on here has said that is unrealistic and apart from a few voices everyone is happy with mid table or not getting relegated championship football for at least 5-10 seasons even going as far as saying if we have 0 wins at Xmas after over 20 games Poyet would still get his support. So it seems BHAFC fans have absolutely no ambition whatsoever and from the rumblings of Poyet and Bloom , now that everyone has stated he is not indeed bothered that we go up and has no agenda or timescale the whole thing is now championship at best for a long time and be happy with that. This was not the plan, or at least , was not the plan when the Amex was unveiled last season.

I think you're taking NSC thoughts too seriously.

> Nobody on here knows what Bloom is thinking

> Nobody on here knows what budget Gus has been given

> Nobody on here knows what the players are being paid

> Nobody knows what targets Bloom and Gus have set for themselves /club

> We have played well against two promotion contenders

> We have a fantastic stadium

> We play very good and attractive football

What is there to be so down about ? Sit back and enjoy the ride ! Most of all don't take the postings of a set of nutters on the internet so seriously.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If he had the cash backing of some of the premiership clubs he would do as good a job as most them. If he had pots of cash to spend here we would be heading for the top. I predict a mid table finish with the current situation.

I don't want to fall out with any Albion fans and we all have an opinion. I respect the fact that is yours...Don't believe this budget crap for one second and he has had backing, as has been discussed before. The fact he has spunked a lot of it on either players that can't do what he wants, or players that are just not good enough rather proves the point. Premiership, yeah right whatever!!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Poyet has laid the plans down now. He has more or less told the fans to forget about promotion or even a play off place this season already. Now to make such a bold statement, this must be the plan from Bloom and the directors as well. Still, the 5000 extra season tickets have been sold and the money is coming in now. I find it a bit of a con frankly. Just be honest about the ambitions. I was led to believe the club had serious ambitions to progress. All this crap about the budget is making excuses, Blackpool, Reading, Swansea and Norwich have all done it on similar or lower budgets in the last 3 years alone. So it seems that all ambition for promotion this season is already gone and Poyet has given up. The fact is he is under no pressure whatsoever as this thread shows and he probably know this with BHAFC fans bowing at his feet everytime he walks past them, he is bulletproof, he can do no wrong and he has no expectations on him, he knows 10th-21st will be accepted this season by 95% of the fans. This is not a good thing imo, Poyet and Bloom have already been given 5-10 years on this thread with no expecations and what I find the most surprising and disapointing is the complete lack of ambition from BHAFC fans.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The fact is he is under no pressure whatsoever as this thread shows and he probably know this with BHAFC fans bowing at his feet everytime he walks past them, he is bulletproof, he can do no wrong and he has no expectations on him, he knows 10th-21st will be accepted this season by 95% of the fans.

You may want to read that again - then go and have a cup of tea.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Poyet has laid the plans down now. He has more or less told the fans to forget about promotion or even a play off place this season already. Now to make such a bold statement, this must be the plan from Bloom and the directors as well. Still, the 5000 extra season tickets have been sold and the money is coming in now. I find it a bit of a con frankly. Just be honest about the ambitions. I was led to believe the club had serious ambitions to progress. All this crap about the budget is making excuses, Blackpool, Reading, Swansea and Norwich have all done it on similar or lower budgets in the last 3 years alone. So it seems that all ambition for promotion this season is already gone and Poyet has given up. The fact is he is under no pressure whatsoever as this thread shows and he probably know this with BHAFC fans bowing at his feet everytime he walks past them, he is bulletproof, he can do no wrong and he has no expectations on him, he knows 10th-21st will be accepted this season by 95% of the fans. This is not a good thing imo, Poyet and Bloom have already been given 5-10 years on this thread with no expecations and what I find the most surprising and disapointing is the complete lack of ambition from BHAFC fans.

I agree with you but you are 1 week early to write us off. No new faces before the deadline = disaster. But there is still 8 days to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here