Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long Before The Fans Turn on Poyet?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Mid table? don`t tell Tony, if you do Gus will be down the road tonight, whats the point in signing Bridge -Kuscak -Bruno and crofty and then settling for mid table,makes no sense

Sometimes things don't make sense. It makes no sense to invest in those players and not the striker we need. And which Gus is looking for.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Mid table? don`t tell Tony, if you do Gus will be down the road tonight, whats the point in signing Bridge -Kuscak -Bruno and crofty and then settling for mid table,makes no sense

but then he didnt sign them to settle for mid table...the poster stated he would settle for mid table......dont u think we would have been one point less without Kushy in goal on tuesday?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I am firmly in the far too early to panic camp but my only criticism of gus would be how defensively we set up at home. With the summer strengthening at the back I was hoping we would be able to sacrify one of the defensive midfielders and see two attacking midfielders or wingers. Tuesday we only had one attacking outlet (noone) in midfield and this is why teams easily nullify our attacks. Can't help but feel two wingers and we would not even be discussing a lack of goals

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Last season we were sometimes referred to as the Arsenal of the Championship. Perhaps this season we are taking after them even more - exceptionally well run club reluctant to spend the same serious sums of money as their competitors, a manager who plays attractive football but the team often fails to turn possession into goals, etc, etc. We even have a talisman who's invariably injured (a la Van Persie before last season). Talking about some fans possibly turning on Poyet reminds me how ridiculous it was last season when some Arsenal fans wanted to see the back of Wenger.

A top four finish would be good for us as well.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Sometimes things don't make sense. It makes no sense to invest in those players and not the striker we need. And which Gus is looking for.

Yes and his job is to find that striker,Gus is accountable and if he fails he will have to fall on his sword and admit he has failed, not the team but gus

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Of course he was still in a job. Do you want a club where the manager gets the bullet after a bad run ?

Not even taking into account we had won a championship the previous season.

Didnt say what i want or didnt want. Just saying that it will take alot more than a few games before anyone is sacked so its a moot point.

Oh amd no btw.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Of course he was still in a job. Do you want a club where the manager gets the bullet after a bad run ?

Oh, are we ignoring how quickly Albion managers bit the bullet when Tony Bloom controlled the Albion in all but name. OK then.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I am firmly in the far too early to panic camp but my only criticism of gus would be how defensively we set up at home. With the summer strengthening at the back I was hoping we would be able to sacrify one of the defensive midfielders and see two attacking midfielders or wingers. Tuesday we only had one attacking outlet (noone) in midfield and this is why teams easily nullify our attacks. Can't help but feel two wingers and we would not even be discussing a lack of goals

I think gus didnt want us to concede to a late goal again. Shame we didnt have the striker to have put us 2 or 3 up!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh, are we ignoring how quickly Albion managers bit the bullet when Tony Bloom controlled the Albion in all but name. OK then.

Ooh ooh! Me!

Mcghee (possibly)
Wilkins
Adams Mk2
SALDE

D

Deleted member 2719

Have you had a bloody bump on the head during the close season or what?
I told you Tuesday, stop playing with the naughty boys, they are a bad influence.

:lol: It's fun playing with the bad boys you should try it Mr Rslicker.

I agree with stability with a manager but i like to see progress and i just don't believe at this stage Poyet is all that, there is a challenge for you Gus prove Mouldy wrong!! all i care about is the club keeping up there momentum as we have huge overheads now.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
but then he didnt sign them to settle for mid table...the poster stated he would settle for mid table......dont u think we would have been one point less without Kushy in goal on tuesday?

The big pole in our goal is a good signing, we can go all season and concede no goals but if we cannot score, 0-0 draws will not get us promoted or even keep us in this division

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Ooh ooh! Me!

Mcghee (possibly)
Wilkins
Adams Mk2
SALDE

Bloom ditched Wilkins to bring back Adams ? Wow. Knight really was a stooge.

Adams MK2 ? Could be. The whole saga was strange.

Slade for sure - but that was to bring in a man that I assume he felt he could trust with the budget.

If that is right perhaps Bloom could be described as a hire-em fire-em.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The big pole in our goal is a good signing, we can go all season and concede no goals but if we cannot score, 0-0 draws will not get us promoted or even keep us in this division

nor will losing one/two/three nil.....to add to this....bridge looks useful in defence and going down the left wing judging by tuesday evening.....bruno also attack minded (nearest to scoring 2nd half?) ..less impressive defensively imho

D

Deleted member 2719

uou are sure he wants messiah status?...me thinks your pushing that one a bit too far...and hey dont expect it to be all one way traffic...people can say positive things about him without thinking he is the best thing since sliced bread

Yeah of course he wants to be the Messiah it's the only way he will get the Chelsea job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here