Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long Before The Fans Turn on Poyet?

D

Deleted member 2719

Not as disturbing as the fact I think Poyet thinks he is untouchable..If he was a touch more humble I would take to him so much more. I know i'm in a minority but I get pissed off with his moaning the same old shit week in week out. He is worse than my ex missus(hence why she is my ex). Perhaps, just perhaps Poyet is not as fantastic as he and most on here like to think he is. So many teams worked us out last season it was unreal and he had no answer to it. He is a rookie manager still learning his trade, the thing is I don't think he realises this.

Spot on Kev, (But i don't know you or your ex missus so i can't comment on that!)
I like the fact some fans can still keep it real and actually stand back from the hype and tell people as it actually is.

:thumbsup:

If Poyet wants to get a messiah status from me, (and i am sure he does!) he needs to be seen to be improving as a manager and coach, i haven't seen that yet. If i was TB (i am not) i would like to see him getting goals from CMS first, before giving him more cash to splash, as you can waste so much on your front line.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Serious question.

11 competitive games on the trot without a win, no goals scored in the 3 games played this season.

How long before the fans start turning on Poyet?

I think if we lose at home on Saturday, the mood might start turning

We should be thankful for having one of the best young managers in all the divisions. I have no doubt he will be snapped up by a major premiership team in the next two years. I'm just pleased we have him now. Results will come, have faith!!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We should be thankful for having one of the best young managers in all the divisions. I have no doubt he will be snapped up by a major premiership team in the next two years. I'm just pleased we have him now. Results will come, have faith!!!
Why do you think he will be snapped up?
Why would a premiership club want a manager who may not succeed in the championship?
This season is key for gus,if we finish 16th no premiership club will touch him.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Stability is a major factor in Clubs that do well. That means looking long term when there are short term issues. A defeat and a draw does not even register as an issue.

We have a bright young manager, learning his trade. He is not the finished article. We are playing some of the best football any Albion fan has seen, in the best surroundings any Albion fan has known. We are in a very competitive division playing against many Clubs with a lot higher budget than us.

Why would we even be close to turn against Poyet. Madness.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

The only way Poyet is going to get snapped up, as you put it. By a prem club is if he proves he can cut the mustard with us. A few were sniffing around him last season but the interest tailed off with our finish to the season. The jury is very much out on Poyet, what's good for him is good for us and vice versa, no prem club would touch him with a bargepole at the moment and then you got his mouth. He needs to learn to control that as well.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Stability is a major factor in Clubs that do well. That means looking long term when there are short term issues. A defeat and a draw does not even register as an issue.

We have a bright young manager, learning his trade. He is not the finished article. We are playing some of the best football any Albion fan has seen, in the best surroundings any Albion fan has known. We are in a very competitive division playing against many Clubs with a lot higher budget than us.

I sort of agree although patience is thin at football clubs and managers are not around for long.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Spot on Kev, (But i don't know you or your ex missus so i can't comment on that!)
I like the fact some fans can still keep it real and actually stand back from the hype and tell people as it actually is.

:thumbsup:

If Poyet wants to get a messiah status from me, (and i am sure he does!) he needs to be seen to be improving as a manager and coach, i haven't seen that yet. If i was TB (i am not) i would like to see him getting goals from CMS first, before giving him more cash to splash, as you can waste so much on your front line.

Have you had a bloody bump on the head during the close season or what?
I told you Tuesday, stop playing with the naughty boys, they are a bad influence.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Serious question.

11 competitive games on the trot without a win, no goals scored in the 3 games played this season.

How long before the fans start turning on Poyet?

I think if we lose at home on Saturday, the mood might start turning

twat

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The only way Poyet is going to get snapped up, as you put it. By a prem club is if he proves he can cut the mustard with us. A few were sniffing around him last season but the interest tailed off with our finish to the season. The jury is very much out on Poyet, what's good for him is good for us and vice versa, no prem club would touch him with a bargepole at the moment and then you got his mouth. He needs to learn to control that as well.

But this is his first job, and he is learning. But it isn't going to be a smooth incline of improvement - we all know that. But all I have seen makes me feel we have the right man at the right time. Time will tell - but this is no time to tell very much.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
But this is his first job, and he is learning. But it isn't going to be a smooth incline of improvement - we all know that. But all I have seen makes me feel we have the right man at the right time. Time will tell - but this is no time to tell very much.
Needs to learn about a plan b that's for sure,a club getting 25k crowds and ambitiousis not the place to be if you're learning your trade,how things have changed:)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I am not sure how you know what I wish. The original post was a classic bit of stirring - probably by a supporter of another club. And the dissatisfied have joined in.
Because someone asks a question you disapprove of, doesn't mean its stirring. 17 pages and still going strong would suggests its a valid thread.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Despite tailing off last season, the season tickets were snapped up when the seats became available and a new waiting list has started. As for controlling his mouth, football needs characters and the 'mouthy' or controversial managers get just as many jobs as the polite quiet types do.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames

We do need to separate the manager and the stadium though. I've heard this a few times on this thread. Yes, we have a very decent stadium and facilities. That has NOTHING to do with Poyet. But it certainly helps him with the amount of support we generate. I really believe a large number of managers would love to come down here with the setup we have.

Gus needs to provide a team worthy of playing at the AMEX. At the moment he's failing to do that, in my opinion.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Well...I guess the idea of someone's top ten would be based on some sort of criteria....but I can't agree with the poster who says not inside top ten no matter what criteria is used...even if its number ten

Have given some thought about this & I do think some have short term memories. Yes we have a wonderful stadium & Poyet has been given a much higher budget than his predecessors, however, I think the following are all higher up the manager ratings in my time:

Mickey Adams: First time. Signed Zamora, 2000/1 guided us to Div 3 champions after 5 years in the bottom division. Set the Albion up for promotion the following year.

Mike Bailey: One season in charge reaching our highest league position of 13th in top flight

Chris Cattlin: Successful second flight team

Barry Lloyd: Guided us to promotion at first attempt in May 1988 after finishing runner up in 3rd division
Reached 2nd division playoff final in 1991

Alan Mullery: Two promotion campaigns & keeping us in the top flight

Mark McGhee: Gained promotion to Championship in first season in 2003/4

Dean Wilkins: Taking Albion to 7th in 2007/8 in first full season

Jimmy Melia: 1983 FA Cup Final

Peter Taylor: Took us to top of Division 2

10th place: Either Poyet or Coppell. Difficult to choose, given that Gus has taken us up & we have some good players, however, the former have in my opinion achieved more with less. Wonder what they could have done at The Amex.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We do need to separate the manager and the stadium though. I've heard this a few times on this thread. Yes, we have a very decent stadium and facilities. That has NOTHING to do with Poyet. But it certainly helps him with the amount of support we generate. I really believe a large number of managers would love to come down here with the setup we have.

Gus needs to provide a team worthy of playing at the AMEX. At the moment he's failing to do that, in my opinion.

Fair enough on the stadium. I disagree on the worthiness of the team. Vicente and Buckley are two players that would grace bigger stadiums than ours.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Needs to learn about a plan b that's for sure,a club getting 25k crowds and ambitiousis not the place to be if you're learning your trade,how things have changed:)

We are seeing the beginnings of a plan B , haven't you noticed the absence of 20 lateral passes between Greer and El Abd before a pass to another player ? A more direct approach in finding the channels , crossfield balls and the goalkeeper kicking the ball up the pitch instead of 20 yards to one of our defenders ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here