Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long Before The Fans Turn on Poyet?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I genuinely have no idea but with those glares up at the WSM along with his post-match interviews I wasn't seeing too much positivity about Gus.

He's spoken differently since then, of course.

He does love his dramas on the touchline. Were only a few yards away and its good entertainment when he gets so animated. But by being so animated towards the WSM suggests to me he is well received by them and is not bothered that it may cause some kind of rift between them. They recieve it as part of the "5 year plan" and they move on and agree their next move.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Absolutely rediculous, the team could have easily won both of the two games played this season and been at the top of the League.
Some of these numptys should smell the coffee

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think so.

"Fans have started turning on Poyet" would be a shit-stirring thread.

Speculating on when fans (start to) turn on Poyet if there is a continued poor run of results is an interesting discussion point. More interesting is when would the board (start to) turn on Poyet if the same conditions arise. There is no way Bloom wants to entertain League 1 football at the Amex and far bigger clubs and, in some cases, better teams, have exited the Championship in the wrong direction. Also, when would Poyet start to turn on the board. You could make a case there were signs of that on Tuesday night.

No fans like losing games and it only takes the smallest seed of negativity to be sown which then preys on fans fears. Even the most optimistic fan has a small degree of fear when there are a couple of games without a win. The vulnerable get almost paranoid and can not see us winning a game at all until Christmas (or choose whatever date)
A good win on Saturday and all this will melt away (until the miseries have something else to moan about)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What like backing him with Hoskins(£500k), Buckley(£1m and warms the bench), Lualua(warms the bench), Cms(£3m and does not score), Vicente(god knows how much in wages £20k a week???,always injured), Sparrow, Harley, Vincelot.....Jesus how much backing does this guy want???..He has been backed more than any manager since Mullery ffs.
what about bergkamp?
Agree all that plus all those loans last season would state that gus had a bloody large budget,he has wasted so so much money it's unreal.Players like harley are stuck here now aswellgrrrrrrrr.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Fans won't turn on Poyet,
A few wankers that know absolutely f*** all about football have already started spouting shit.

I must know f*** all then. I know if you don't score goals you don't win games. I know if we finish below mid table you can kiss goodbye to selling 22,000+ season tickets next season, I know football fans are a fickle bunch and will soon get bored if the team aren't doing well, I know striker's win games not full backs, I know TB hasn't ploughed millions into the club just to see us in the championship for the next five years....Clearly I am clueless.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I must know f*** all then. I know if you don't score goals you don't win games. I know if we finish below mid table you can kiss goodbye to selling 22,000+ season tickets next season, I know football fans are a fickle bunch and will soon get bored if the team aren't doing well, I know striker's win games not full backs, I know TB hasn't ploughed millions into the club just to see us in the championship for the next five years....Clearly I am clueless.

Full backs will help you win games and are a critical position for the football Gus wants us to play. Gus wants a striker of course - that is what he keeps banging on about.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
People think poyet is untouchable which is very disturbing

Have noticed this too. Never known such a feeling about a manager. I hope those people who've been brainwashed know full well that if a second rate premiership club come knocking Sir Gus won't think 'well the fans are a good bunch so I think I'll stay'... it's a fickle business. If you don't get the results, we'll need someone that can.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
People think poyet is untouchable which is very disturbing

Not as disturbing as the fact I think Poyet thinks he is untouchable..If he was a touch more humble I would take to him so much more. I know i'm in a minority but I get pissed off with his moaning the same old shit week in week out. He is worse than my ex missus(hence why she is my ex). Perhaps, just perhaps Poyet is not as fantastic as he and most on here like to think he is. So many teams worked us out last season it was unreal and he had no answer to it. He is a rookie manager still learning his trade, the thing is I don't think he realises this.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Have noticed this too. Never known such a feeling about a manager. I hope those people who've been brainwashed know full well that if a second rate premiership club come knocking Sir Gus won't think 'well the fans are a good bunch so I think I'll stay'... it's a fickle business. If you don't get the results, we'll need someone that can.
Gus isn't good enough or the prem,he should be grateful to be here as he's had it on a plate.If he ever wishes to make the prem he needs to prove he has what it takes,he's achieved a league 1 title like many previous managers who had fu*k all budget wise.

He states he wants to find the right players for the way we play,well we,ve seen him sign many that certainly are not upto scratch so that's tosh for starters.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not as disturbing as the fact I think Poyet thinks he is untouchable..If he was a touch more humble I would take to him so much more. I know i'm in a minority but I get pissed off with his moaning the same old shit week in week out. He is worse than my ex missus(hence why she is my ex). Perhaps, just perhaps Poyet is not as fantastic as he and most on here like to think he is. So many teams worked us out last season it was unreal and he had no answer to it. He is a rookie manager still learning his trade, the thing is I don't think he realises this.

'same shit week in week out' .....sounds familiar :)

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Gus isn't good enough or the prem,he should be grateful to be here as he's had it on a plate.If he ever wishes to make the prem he needs to prove he has what it takes,he's achieved a league 1 title like many previous managers who had fu*k all budget wise.

He states he wants to find the right players for the way we play,well we,ve seen him sign many that certainly are not upto scratch so that's tosh for starters.

Was he really interested in Piquionne?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Lol...and over and over again ...least your consistent

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yep, about as familiar as us not scoring goals or winning games, that's pretty consistent as well it has to be said...But I will still be there, as I have been for many many years. With a few breaks due to personal circumstances.

Lol...ye I know u will...and respect to for it.....I do think that people should be a tad more mature about most of what a football manger says...anyway..it's always good to hav contrarian posts and I normally find yours interesting

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Personally i don't rate him as highly as i did,no plan b and his tactics are so negative at times it's like the old Italian style football.I would love someone like the blackpool boss,least he utilises his best players for 90 mins,gus is a 70 mins gone 0-0 and bring on some attackers to win 1-0.If fit buckley and lua lua should start end of,one winger,one isolated striker and a striker who plays on the right,also two defensive midfielders is to bloody rife in our games as its not needed at home.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Personally i don't rate him as highly as i did,no plan b and his tactics are so negative at times it's like the old Italian style football.I would love someone like the blackpool boss,least he utilises his best players for 90 mins,gus is a 70 mins gone 0-0 and bring on some attackers to win 1-0.If fit buckley and lua lua should start end of,one winger,one isolated striker and a striker who plays on the right,also two defensive midfielders is to bloody rife in our games as its not needed at home.

I think holloway is a bit of a one off....entertaining off the field as his team is on it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here