How Long Before The Fans Turn on Poyet?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You've lost me?!?!? Where did I say you or anyone had asked for Gus to be booted out? That's the point they haven't, the OP merely asked as you put in bold, How Long before fans turn on Poyet, and you tell me that you do not call for Gus to be booted out. Didn't say you did.

The OP did not ask for Gus to be booted out, in fact I don't think anyone has said that, despite a few posters saying they have.

The OP asked what I think is a fair question, which was how long before fans turn on Poyet.

You're first line was and I'm merely pointing out with no one has. At least not in this thread.

Sorry, I think you've completely got hold of the wrong end of the stick there. Maybe it's you who need to read what's posted a little better. :lol:

Fair point, sorry dude.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I don't think so.

"Fans have started turning on Poyet" would be a shit-stirring thread.

Speculating on when fans (start to) turn on Poyet if there is a continued poor run of results is an interesting discussion point. More interesting is when would the board (start to) turn on Poyet if the same conditions arise. There is no way Bloom wants to entertain League 1 football at the Amex and far bigger clubs and, in some cases, better teams, have exited the Championship in the wrong direction. Also, when would Poyet start to turn on the board. You could make a case there were signs of that on Tuesday night.

We have had two games this season. Deserved a point at least from the first and got a point against a very good team in the second. But by trying to link these two to the end of last season provides an opportunity for those who may not like Gus to stick in the spoon.

I have seen no signs that the relationship between Bloom and Poyet has changed. Why should it ?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I don't think so.

"Fans have started turning on Poyet" would be a shit-stirring thread.

Speculating on when fans (start to) turn on Poyet if there is a continued poor run of results is an interesting discussion point. More interesting is when would the board (start to) turn on Poyet if the same conditions arise. There is no way Bloom wants to entertain League 1 football at the Amex and far bigger clubs and, in some cases, better teams, have exited the Championship in the wrong direction. Also, when would Poyet start to turn on the board. You could make a case there were signs of that on Tuesday night.

How did you recieve Gus's actions to the directors box on Tuesday?

For me it was "we need a striker" but i could be very wrong of course.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Just a classic NSC shit-stirring thread.
Sorry. You're Wrong there as much as you wish it was a shit stirring thread its not. No one is calling for Poyet's head, merely discussing how long before people do, and if this run continues they will turn on him.

14 pages in, and its not a bin fest, suggest its a decent thread, with the occasional blot of someone having to feel the need to call it a shit thread, which it clearly isn't.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
We have had two games this season. Deserved a point at least from the first and got a point against a very good team in the second. But by trying to link these two to the end of last season provides an opportunity for those who may not like Gus to stick in the spoon.

I have seen no signs that the relationship between Bloom and Poyet has changed. Why should it ?

I actually think their relationship is superb judging by the fact Gus is quite happy to show his feelings to them when things dont happen on the pitch!

Rock solid btween manager and chairman!! the way it should be - long may it last

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
TB talks of 5 year plans - is he burying his head in the sand?
Gus has talked about getting alternative strikers in so that he does have a plan B.
Towards the end of last season, we could not score as we were not creating chances. Now we are creating loads of chances. Is that not a positive thing?
High calibre players want to come to the club principally because of Gus. The fact that they reportedly demand huge wages is not really in Gus's or TB's control - the fact that these players are even willing to talk to us speaks volumes about the current management of the club.
TB has said that a striker will be signed by the close of the transfer window - let's wait and see.
Never forget that ManUre were on the verge of dumping Fergie over 20 years ago. Much as I hate them and the ruddy-faced clown, it is that patience that we should aspire to emulate.
Dumping Gus now would be an absolute disaster for this club at this stage, imo.
No such thing as a plan in football,you have to think now and not later:)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting Bozza - so judging by that perhaps all is not as well as im thinking?

I genuinely have no idea but with those glares up at the WSM along with his post-match interviews I wasn't seeing too much positivity about Gus.

He's spoken differently since then, of course.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wegner, Roberto Manchni or even Jose Mourino did not have a win in ten league games, following on from last season, would they be under pressure. Hell yes of course they would be. I just expect Tony Bloom is over the moon with the way things are at the moment, coupled with a few other things. Should Poyet be sacked, of course he shouldn't be. Is he under pressure to start getting results, yes of course he is..This is a results business, is it not???

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I genuinely have no idea but with those glares up at the WSM along with his post-match interviews I wasn't seeing too much positivity about Gus.

He's spoken differently since then, of course.

Frustration maybe but no more than that. Gus has been banging on about the cost of players for long before this window. People are reading far too much into things and judging our season based on a couple of games.

If people want to get all stressed and panic at this stage let them get on with it. Most have seen enough in 2 games to say we are developing as a team but still have a few areas to work on. Perfectly normal situation at the start of a season.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Sorry. You're Wrong there as much as you wish it was a shit stirring thread its not. No one is calling for Poyet's head, merely discussing how long before people do, and if this run continues they will turn on him.

14 pages in, and its not a bin fest, suggest its a decent thread, with the occasional blot of someone having to feel the need to call it a shit thread, which it clearly isn't.

I am not sure how you know what I wish. The original post was a classic bit of stirring - probably by a supporter of another club. And the dissatisfied have joined in.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
"If you'd backed me we'd be winning now."

What like backing him with Hoskins(£500k), Buckley(£1m and warms the bench), Lualua(warms the bench), Cms(£3m and does not score), Vicente(god knows how much in wages £20k a week???,always injured), Sparrow, Harley, Vincelot.....Jesus how much backing does this guy want???..He has been backed more than any manager since Mullery ffs.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
"If you'd backed me we'd be winning now."

What like backing him with Hoskins(£500k), Buckley(£1m and warms the bench), Lualua(warms the bench), Cms(£3m and does not score), Vicente(god knows how much in wages £20k a week???,always injured), Sparrow, Harley, Vincelot.....Jesus how much backing does this guy want???..He has been backed more than any manager since Mullery ffs.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Double Post.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports