Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long Before The Fans Turn on Poyet?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I can't be arsed to ready the previous TEN pages (this shouldnt even be debated past page 1)

My summary is this.

If you think Poyet is under pressure you are clearly MENTAL.

If you don't then i'm not even going to congratulate you. It's just SENSE.

What he said!! ffs get a grip!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What amazes me on this thread is the number of people who seem to think they're in the know around budgets and salaries yet can't agree. It shows they're all talking bollocks and have no idea what the budget is, what the salaries are or indeed what Bloom is thinking.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Am i Einstein ?
I'll guess
Assulin 12k
Razak 12k
Vokes 14k
Harper 40k
Reyes 15k
Mattock 10k
Even if we paid half it all adds up

So what data have you used to make these "guesses" ? Your in depth knowledge of football finance and contracts or a finger in the air or a bloke down the pub ?

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I can't be arsed to read the previous TEN pages (this shouldnt even be debated past page 1)

My summary is this.

Of course Poyet is under pressure.All football managers with ambitious clubs and chairmen are under pressure; it goes with the job.Additionally,he will put himself under pressure to get the results.That doesn't mean his job is in imminent danger,but don't be mistaken that he isn't under pressure!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
£3m is not mad money for us to spend, it is normal, for life in the Championship, if you want a top half finish and pushing towards promotion.

CMS hasn't fired, but that does not mean he is not a great buy, the fact other top clubs (apart from Leicester !) were up for his signature means we were on the right lines, but we need to play to his strengths.

Hoskins hasn't helped himself with his twitter outbursts against Poyet and the club, the fact he has been unlucky with injuries and the whole homesick stuff, that just happens unfortunately. It does look like his attitude isn't great, and he just hasn't got on down here. Vincelot was not a big money buy, and did provide a lot of cover last year, we don't really need that cover any more, and again I do not think his attitude has been great, particularly shown in the Burnley game. Harley we were after for a LONG time, I think the raw talent is there, as shown by Brendan Rodgers originally beating us for his signature, a team you may have noticed very similar to ours. I think he just needs time to develop but that will never happen with our fickle fans.

I'd say last year was a great transfer window. Lua Lua signed, Vicente signed, Buckley signed, all class players who have 'done their bit.' You can use stats to tell any story you want, but if you are really telling me that Vicente is the reason for us not winning games, then I think I'll just stop entering into any football debate with you, as you clearly know nothing. This season we look better, as we don't have 2 holding midfielders, Crofts has really improved the midfield moving forwards, and a battler. This will free up Vicente to support the striker, and create those mazey runs, meaning when the other team are on the break, we are not so reliant on Vicente to tackle, as he just won't do this. Vicente is also not on 'silly money' he is one of the higher earners, but it is all in line. From what I have been told, his new permenant contract is much more lucrative for him, but he does not want to enter into negotiations at the moment.

Tony hasn't kept a firmer hand on his wallet, our average wage, I am led to believe, has gone up quite significantly. This money has presumbly come out of the 'transfer fee' budget. Do you really think Saltor, Kusczak, Bridge are being paid £3k-£4k a week by us ?
I disagree how you can last transfer window was a success, when 3 of the players who have cost around a million in fees and played a handful of games between them, have been told to move on, and the main buy hasn't settled yet, and if continue to be used in the way he is, never will. If Poyet brings in someone to play with CMS and CMS starts doing what he is capable of, I might change that view.

Regarding Vicente, he is on "silly" money, nearly double the next man. I'm not saying that Vicente is the reason we are not winning games, but I think you know that. Vicente is arguabilly the best player in the championship, yet we have only won once when he has started. Its not Vicentes fault that Poyet seems incapable of picking a winning team around him.

With regards the new signings, off course they are on more than a few grand a week. But unlike last season, Gus has not signed players as he did last year. Whether this is because so many of his signings have flopped and Bloom is no longer letting him "buy for the future" remains to be seen, but the signings he has made are signings that any Championship club would make, as I believe will be the striker.

And finally, has Hoskins made outbusts against Gus or the club? I haven't read an "outbursts" on his twitter account.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
This. This is an INSANE thread full of utter bollocks.
No its not, its an interesting thread, with some very oogd point made on both sides. I don't recall anyone demanding Poyet be sacked yet.

The only thing that bollocks about it, is the non stop one line posts like your saying how Palace will be laughing at us and thats its bollocks.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Considering you couldn't be more wrong on that point, I've decided to completely ignore anything else you've written.

Exactly. If you think Vicente was on £20k a week (at LEAST) and his new deal offered is considerably more than that, you really are hanging out with Brunswick

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Considering you couldn't be more wrong on that point, I've decided to completely ignore anything else you've written.

Do enlighten us then. I have never given out the figure I think it is, but I have heard the same figure from someone within the club who's given me spot on info in the past, someone very very close to the club, and from an ex-pro with very close ties to someone very close to Gus. Also one or two people on here have also confirmed the same number. Its not a round figure, and as one of the people have given me very accurate info in the past, I'll take their word over someone who tells me I couldn't be more wrong on NSC.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Exactly. If you think Vicente was on £20k a week (at LEAST) and his new deal offered is considerably more than that, you really are hanging out with Brunswick
I've never said his new deal is considerably more than what he is on at the moment. Where did I say that?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've never said his new deal is considerably more than what he is on at the moment. Where did I say that?

So you think Tony Bloom signed someone for more than DOUBLE our 2nd highest paid player, with his injury record? I'm pretty sure you don't become a multi millionaire, with that kind of business sense.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

You didn't, but the club have said they want to tie him down to a new 2 year deal on an improved deal.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
My summary is this.

And that post clearly show you do not know what you are talking about.

Whoever the manager is, whatever club he is at, if his team hasn't won for 10 games, and scored just a handful of goals in that time, than that manager is under pressure. Not saying for one second that the axe is about to fall, because I don't think it is and nor should it yet, but Poyet is under pressure at the moment. If a manager can go ten games without a win, and not be under pressure, then theres something wrong.

The saving grace is we have, what is on paper one of, if not the easiest game of the season next up, so giving Barnsley a good hiding will hopefully clam things down a bit, but if the unthinkable happens on Saturday, and we dont score or lose, then I think unlesswe pick up a result on the road, certain sections of the crowd and JCLs will start to get restless at the next home game.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
ummm.....that makes no sense.
Well of course it doesn't when you edit what I said in a sentance, cut out half the sentance and turn it into paragraphs.

It won't make sense, but it may help you look like you know what you are talking about to someone who hasn't read the whole quote, which is why no one should take a word you say seriously.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whoever the manager is, whatever club he is at, if his team hasn't won for 10 games, and scored just a handful of goals in that time, than that manager is under pressure. Not saying for one second that the axe is about to fall, because I don't think it is and nor should it yet, but Poyet is under pressure at the moment. If a manager can go ten games without a win, and not be under pressure, then theres something wrong.

The saving grace is we have, what is on paper one of, if not the easiest game of the season next up, so giving Barnsley a good hiding will hopefully clam things down a bit, but if the unthinkable happens on Saturday, and we dont score or lose, then I think unlesswe pick up a result on the road, certain sections of the crowd and JCLs will start to get restless at the next home game.

That seems a reasonable summary of the position to me, although I'm not sure that Barnsley are necessary the whipping boys that you make them out to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here