How Long Before The Fans Turn on Poyet?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
The weakness is the forwards. We have a very good goalkeeper, defence and midfield but one of the worst and most impotent frontlines in the division and the latter is probably the most important make up of a team.

This.

The final piece is the proven goal scorer, or 2. That will take pressure off the rest of the team (e.g. the defence has only got to ship one goal, and it's game over with CMS failing).

I'd also worry about creativity in the centre, if Vicente becomes injury prone again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good fishing DBL, you caught some woppers.
As for Bloom keeping his wallet closed, it has been announced several times that this years budget for players is the same as last year. Let the trolls carry on, they like to think they know what they're talking about. :wink:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Not trying to start an argument, but why do you dismiss the end of last season so easily?

it had a different mindset,we were so very close to the play offs,that says something in itself

perhaps we just tried to fall over the line,instead of going for it

poyet knows we missed a golden oppotunity last season,he won't make the same mistake again

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good fishing DBL, you caught some woppers.
As for Bloom keeping his wallet closed, it has been announced several times that this years budget for players is the same as last year. Let the trolls carry on, they like to think they know what they're talking about. :wink:

As far as I can see people have been very respectful of each others views on here without resorting to the usual insults. Quite refreshing really. I can't see any trolls.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
it had a different mindset,we were so very close to the play offs,that says something in itself

perhaps we just tried to fall over the line,instead of going for it

poyet knows we missed a golden oppotunity last season,he won't make the same mistake again
The baffling line up against westham mean't poyet gave up on the playoffs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As far as I can see people have been very respectful of each others views on here without resorting to the usual insults. Quite refreshing really. I can't see any trolls.

The opening post is classic trolling. It isn't abusing people but starting a thread with a deliberately controversial statement to get a reaction.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
It may seem like I lack ambition, but if we stay up anywhere above about 20th I'd be relatively happy (as long as we keep playing good football).

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The opening post is classic trolling. It isn't abusing people but starting a thread with a deliberately controversial statement to get a reaction.
Go away on this one Thunder Bolt please. We all know you've learnt a new word, and accuse people of trolling everyday recently , but as Uncle Spielberg has said, its been a refreshing thread which hasn't turned into a binfest, so please stop your attempts to turn it that way.

If anyone trolling on here, its you and your constant accusations of trolling. Two posts and nothing added to the debate. That's classic trolling. And classic Thunder Bolt.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
So much untruth in this post. But as long as you believe it. You should hang out with Brunswick
Come on Springal. You post a throw away comment like that, and then go silent. Prove you have something to say

Yer lots of untruth. lets break it down.

That is mad money for us to spend, - So £3m on a striker is nothing for us?

and CMS himself I'm sure, will say it hasn't happened for him here yet. - Can't back that one up so thats a guess granted

Add into the mix Harley, Hoskins, Vincelot from last summer, all three Poyet has made it clear their futures lie elsewhere after one season of hardly playing a game - Have I missed something there?

It wasn't a great transfer window for Gus - So you are saying it was a great transfer window for Gus???

Together with Vicente on silly money, and who Gus seems incapable of picking a winning team around - Er remind me how many games we have won when Vicente has started? 10 out of 10 is it? 7? 5? 3? It's one. How does that make Gus capable of picking a winning team around Vicente exactly? One win in ten when the best player in the championship plays, I would hardly call a success.

and the fact the only real success from last season are the wingers (in terms of transfered in).... which Gus will only play one off.... - How often does Gus plays more than one winger as a winger? Who else from the last window can be called a success?

its not hard to see why Tony Bloom has kept a firmer hand on his wallet this summer. - Is it?
So where is the "so much untruth". Do tell?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
This.

The final piece is the proven goal scorer, or 2. That will take pressure off the rest of the team (e.g. the defence has only got to ship one goal, and it's game over with CMS failing).

I'd also worry about creativity in the centre, if Vicente becomes injury prone again.

been saying the same thing. IMO think we need another decent midfielder, plus a striker.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Haven't time to trawl through all the comments on this thread - so this is just my response to the opening statement.

What happened to enjoying the beautiful game? The way Gus' teams play it IS beautiful and we should be really pleased. Great stadium, great support, great football.....

50 years an Albion supporter - never prouder!

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Even Stevie Wonder could see that. A Palace fan I would think.

No, I am definitely an Albion fan & season ticket holder of some years.
However, it is obvious to me & many others that the club is geared to bigger & better times than surviving or mid table. For most of BHA life we have been a third rate football club playing in division 3. Yes we played in the top flight for 4 years & have spent time in the second & basement leagues, however, we are now in a new era where the club will not settle for mediocrity.

Us Albion fans are very patient supporters, as we know, more than most as what it is to have loved & what we have cherished been taken away from us. However, times have moved on & we must move on too.

It is gratifying that Gus is held in Such high esteem however, he will only be able to take us so far. We might be there. Or it could be the playoffs, or promotion, or keeping us up in the premiership, or challenging for Europe, or even the title?

If any of the top premiership teams had not won in their last 11 competitive games, there would be mass melt downs on their fanzines or in the press as well. Because us Albion fans have been served up with such derisory conditions in the last 20 years,many on here are just content to sit in their new shiny seat at Falmer, blindingly thinking that all will come well on the pitch, when game after game we are failing.

Poyet is a good manager & has many strengths. His record for forwards is poor at best. Clearly his strengths are bringing in other players on the pitch. Is he at fault? His advisors or backoom staff in bringing in a decent forward or two? The Board for not releasing additional funds? We may never know. However a manager is remembered on their results. Playing well, conceding a late goal or losing your best player due to injury are all unfortunate BUT 11 GAMES WITHOUT a win - Is unacceptable!

Win on Saturday & this thread will be put to bed. Fail to win & if we do not score again - it will be ramped up further & the pressure will grow. Bloom unlike many on this thread will not settle for a scrap this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports