Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long Before The Fans Turn on Poyet?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Zamora won't play for England again surely. As much as Hodgson likes him, he is too old, and will be 33 by the next tournament.

Either way I think Poyet has done well, some signings haven't worked out but that is the way it goes.

Also only 2 signings from last summer have been told they can go. But Buckley, LuaLua, Vicente all a core part of our team?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Agreed. The £2.5m rising to £3.25m for one League One player is the one that must alarm TB (an intelligent and savvy Chairman) the most.
I bet it does. That is mad money for us to spend, and CMS himself I'm sure, will say it hasn't happened for him here yet. Add into the mix Harley, Hoskins, Vincelot from last summer, all three Poyet has made it clear their futures lie elsewhere after one season of hardly playing a game, it wasn't a great transfer window for Gus. Together with Vicente on silly money, and who Gus seems incapable of picking a winning team around, and the fact the only real success from last season are the wingers.... which Gus will only play one off.... its not hard to see why Tony Bloom has kept a firmer hand on his wallet this summer.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Zamora is 31 and played for England a couple of times quite recently. He is a quality premiership player so I think it is too early for him, maybe 1 to 2 seasons from now as a last hurrah for 2-3 seasons with us but not now. I think Murray is far more likely and I would welcome Murray and CMS upfront and I think that would be excellent.
I would welcome Murray back as well

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's not. But add together the 8 games at the end of last season, where if you said we looked clueless would be an understatement, its a bit more concerning. We looked cluesless at Swindon, but the only bright point, is we seem to have improved the last couple of games, but we are still drawing blanks, and Poyet is still making these baffling subs decisions.

We have had 10 goalscoring opportunites in 2 games. That is great but is must be disheartening for the midfielders and indeed Poyet to see these chances being made and our strikers spunking them away. Barnes and CMS have had at least 2 " must score " chances each in both games and they did not score. Barnes for me is simply not good enough, CMS runs around a lot but does not have the touch or the killer instinct required at this level so we need a proven striker at this level and NOW, something Barnes and CMS cannot offer. Barnes got 14 last season but 5 or so were penalties and any half decent striker would get 9 goals from open play in a season. We need a RUTHLESS motherfucker who would rip the arse out of a defender to get the ball in the back of the net. We do not have that at the moment.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I bet it does. That is mad money for us to spend, and CMS himself I'm sure, will say it hasn't happened for him here yet. Add into the mix Harley, Hoskins, Vincelot from last summer, all three Poyet has made it clear their futures lie elsewhere after one season of hardly playing a game, it wasn't a great transfer window for Gus. Together with Vicente on silly money, and who Gus seems incapable of picking a winning team around, and the fact the only real success from last season are the wingers.... which Gus will only play one off.... its not hard to see why Tony Bloom has kept a firmer hand on his wallet this summer.

So much untruth in this post. But as long as you believe it. You should hang out with Brunswick

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not a mug really. How have we addressed our weaknesses from last season, ie lack of goals with 0 goals in 3 games ? I want Gus to stay and succeed but he is a good manager at best, potentially a great manager but at the moment a good manager that is all.

Not addressed our weaknesses, really? We had two average at best keepers, now we have one of the best in this league. The best LB in the league bar none, possibly the same at RB, a quality box to box midfielder all that is missing is the striker. The window is yet to close, the PL teams will be forced to trim their squads to 25 and yet we are doomed according to you and some of the others on here...

If we still have the same strike force, come Saturday week then you might have a point, but you so clearly don't at the moment. This is either attention seeking bollocks or you really are stupid and from reading your posts I don't think it is the 2nd one. Sorry if that sounds aggressive but these threads at this stage of the season make me mad.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
We have had 10 goalscoring opportunites in 2 games. That is great but is must be disheartening for the midfielders and indeed Poyet to see these chances being made and our strikers spunking them away. Barnes and CMS have had at least 2 " must score " chances each in both games and they did not score. Barnes for me is simply not good enough, CMS runs around a lot but does not have the touch or the killer instinct required at this level so we need a proven striker at this level and NOW, something Barnes and CMS cannot offer. Barnes got 14 last season but 5 or so were penalties and any half decent striker would get 9 goals from open play in a season. We need a RUTHLESS motherfucker who would rip the arse out of a defender to get the ball in the back of the net. We do not have that at the moment.
Well I'm not going to argue with your assesment of Barnes :lol: but I don't feel anyone can judge CMS until we play to his strengths, and thats not playing his as a lone striker, and hoofing balls up to his head. CMS needs to play in a pair. Until that happens I dont see us getting goals out of him.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Agreed. The £2.5m rising to £3.25m for one League One player is the one that must alarm TB (an intelligent and savvy Chairman) the most.
The combination of that and the bad luck in injured players has been a pain in the arse.
Buckley 1 million 70% ....injured last season
Hoskins 500k rising to a million.....injured 90% of last season
Vicente....injured 90% of season
Probably more somewhere,let's not forget the many loan players we had that must of cost a few quid....
Assulin
Razak
Vokes
Harper
Reyes
Mattock
Complete utter waste of money all of those bar maybe mattock,thats players on large salaries,no wonder bloom is holding back.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not addressed our weaknesses, really? We had two average at best keepers, now we have one of the best in this league. The best LB in the league bar none, possibly the same at RB, a quality box to box midfielder all that is missing is the striker. The window is yet to close, the PL teams will be forced to trim their squads to 25 and yet we are doomed according to you and some of the others on here...

If we still have the same strike force, come Saturday week then you might have a point, but you so clearly don't at the moment. This is either attention seeking bollocks or you really are stupid and from reading your posts I don't think it is the 2nd one. Sorry if that sounds aggressive but these threads at this stage of the season make me mad.

The weakness is the forwards. We have a very good goalkeeper, defence and midfield but one of the worst and most impotent frontlines in the division and the latter is probably the most important make up of a team.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The combination of that and the bad luck in injured players has been a pain in the arse.
Buckley 1 million 70% ....injured last season
Hoskins 500k rising to a million.....injured 90% of last season
Vicente....injured 90% of season
Probably more somewhere,let's not forget the many loan players we had that must of cost a few quid....
Assulin
Razak
Vokes
Harper
Reyes
Mattock
Complete utter waste of money all of those bar maybe mattock,thats players on large salaries,no wonder bloom is holding back.

Can you detail the fees for the loans please? Any fee + wage contribution please.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
So much untruth in this post. But as long as you believe it. You should hang out with Brunswick
Yer lots of untruth. lets break it down.

That is mad money for us to spend, - So £3m on a striker is nothing for us?

and CMS himself I'm sure, will say it hasn't happened for him here yet. - Can't back that one up so thats a guess granted

Add into the mix Harley, Hoskins, Vincelot from last summer, all three Poyet has made it clear their futures lie elsewhere after one season of hardly playing a game - Have I missed something there?

It wasn't a great transfer window for Gus - So you are saying it was a great transfer window for Gus???

Together with Vicente on silly money, and who Gus seems incapable of picking a winning team around - Er remind me how many games we have won when Vicente has started? 10 out of 10 is it? 7? 5? 3? It's one. How does that make Gus capable of picking a winning team around Vicente exactly? One win in ten when the best player in the championship plays, I would hardly call a success.

and the fact the only real success from last season are the wingers (in terms of transfered in).... which Gus will only play one off.... - How often does Gus plays more than one winger as a winger? Who else from the last window can be called a success?

its not hard to see why Tony Bloom has kept a firmer hand on his wallet this summer. - Is it?
So where is the "so much untruth". Do tell?

Last edited:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
judging a season after 3 games is like weighing yourself a day after you started a diet

forget last season,means nothing,it's gone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here