Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long before Slade gets the sack again?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Sad to see,but Orient are bottom of the Division.Will Russ be out of a job again before too long?
Not looking good.:ohmy:

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
It would be sad to see happen again but if they are bottom in the next 4-5 games he could get the chop.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If he does get sacked soon, he'd probably end up coming back and saving southampton's season when they're still struggling down there in february.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Appears he's a great manager for pulling teams away from relegation but struggles when it comes to building a team of his own.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't quite see how he's supposed to dig them out of the shit on the budget he has there.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But perhaps it's a question of aspirations....with all due respect, Orient don't expect to be near the top of the table anyway so I suspect Hearn will give him plenty of time.

It's a dilemma actually, as Slade is a thoroughly nice guy, whom I wouldn't mind seeing succeed. But Orient are an annoying, Noddy club whom I'd like to see relegated. What to do, what to do....

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
But perhaps it's a question of aspirations....with all due respect, Orient don't expect to be near the top of the table anyway so I suspect Hearn will give him plenty of time.

It's a dilemma actually, as Slade is a thoroughly nice guy, whom I wouldn't mind seeing succeed. But Orient are an annoying, Noddy club whom I'd like to see relegated. What to do, what to do....

Good point well made, but also on that note I'm sure Orient arn't aspiring to be adrift at the bottom of league one when they have been around for a few years. I'd be looking for mid table so it could go either way really. He could get the sack in a few weeks, before Crimbo or not at all. Just depends on how long his stock excuse of we didn't do it in either box works.

I hope he does well as a person but do like reading Orient in 24th

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
I don't quite see how he's supposed to dig them out of the shit on the budget he has there.

Although how does a team like Scunthorpe manage to get into the Championship? How did Brighton manage to win the play-offs in 2004 and stay in the Championship, against all the odds for two seasons?

Yes, money and resources are influential, but having an ambitious, confident manager also helps.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Big match for Russell on Friday, they face Brentford at Brisbane Road who are not far off the foot of the table themselves.

The Bees beat Everton last night on penalties after drawing 1-1 so they might be a bit knackered - or hung-over on Friday. Not long to recover.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lovely, lovely guy but he just seems to be simply TERRIBLE at building a squad.

I'm still very sore about the fact that he let Sullivan go: we had a really great young promising and home-grown keeper there, let go for no good reason whatsoever other than that he played very well when the rest of the team was playing very badly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Great guy but maybe thats half the problem - players get comfortable with him and he's a bit of a soft touch. The partboy antics of some of the squad members last season has been well and truley booted out of the club by Gus. I get the impression Slade isn't exactly hard-line.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be honest even if he does get fired by Orient expect him to end up at somewhere like Hartlepool two months from the end of the season (hey, might even be the South Coast Club). Doesn't matter as long as they face relegation.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
To be honest even if he does get fired by Orient expect him to end up at somewhere like Hartlepool two months from the end of the season (hey, might even be the South Coast Club). Doesn't matter as long as they face relegation.

But if he stays with Orient for another 4 months he'll be in pole position to pull off another Houdini act with them.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lovely, lovely guy but he just seems to be simply TERRIBLE at building a squad.

Disagree with this totally. He seems very good at building a squad. The players he acquired for us are either still very much part of the team or have gone on to teams higher up the league, or were sold for money (or both)...

Great guy but maybe thats half the problem - players get comfortable with him and he's a bit of a soft touch. The partboy antics of some of the squad members last season has been well and truley booted out of the club by Gus. I get the impression Slade isn't exactly hard-line.

..but I do agree with this. I think he's great at spotting players but struggles to keep control of them. Gus (or possibly Tano) is no pushover.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Disagree with this totally. He seems very good at building a squad. The players he acquired for us are either still very much part of the team or have gone on to teams higher up the league, or were sold for money (or both)...

..but I do agree with this. I think he's great at spotting players but struggles to keep control of them. Gus (or possibly Tano) is no pushover.

Agree with this, I think Gus stamped his authority well and truly over Forster.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Agreed, it seems he is too nice and players take the piss. It seems he needs a relegation battle to get them to pull together, he has one now so let's see how they do from here.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Sad to see

The only sadness is that South Coast Club aren't in that bottom position.

I'd f***ing love Orient to be back in their rightful position of division four next season.

It's not like we're be playing them anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here