How long before Red Bull try this in England?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
They're crap and bottom of the league in the US

red_bulls_logo.jpg

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Dietmar Mateschitz, the owner of Red Bull, is getting a bit bored with Red Bull Salzburg. They're starting to dominate the Austrian league (in itself, no great achievement) but they can't get through the qualifying rounds of the Champions League. He would like Salzburg to play in the German Bundesliga but not sure if this would be possible.

The matchday experience is extremely Americanised and crowds dropped last season despite the league title - not sure how much longer the backing will go here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It would be interesting to know if a footballer was drug tested a couple of hours after drinking a can of Red Bull, would he fail ? I'm not sure if some of the stimulants contained in it would be legal ?

I have only ever had the odd can of Red Bull but I have known people who have a "habit" of overdoing this stuff and that can't be good long term.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I'd be sickened if they tried this with a football league club. They can f*** off.

Just reads like football is a big game for them, they clearly know nothing about football.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
It would be interesting to know if a footballer was drug tested a couple of hours after drinking a can of Red Bull, would he fail ? I'm not sure if some of the stimulants contained in it would be legal ?

I have only ever had the odd can of Red Bull but I have known people who have a "habit" of overdoing this stuff and that can't be good long term.

Red Bull cola has recently been banned in several German regions as it was found to contain traces of cocaine!

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
I used to run a five-a-side tournament (not in sussex) where we could sell as many cans of Red Bull as we could get hold of. We didn't do drugs tests :)

When I tried to sponsorship from Red Bull themselves, they said they weren't interested in anything except extreme sports. They obviously hadn't watched some of the players...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Dietmar Mateschitz, the owner of Red Bull, is getting a bit bored with Red Bull Salzburg. They're starting to dominate the Austrian league (in itself, no great achievement) but they can't get through the qualifying rounds of the Champions League. He would like Salzburg to play in the German Bundesliga but not sure if this would be possible.

The matchday experience is extremely Americanised and crowds dropped last season despite the league title - not sure how much longer the backing will go here.
Some fans set up their own club playing in their traditional colours and such didn't they? Any idea how they are doing?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Red Bull Hull works for me.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Some fans set up their own club playing in their traditional colours and such didn't they? Any idea how they are doing?

http://www.austria-salzburg.at/en/news/money-cant-buy-you-love-1389/

Quite a funny blog by an English language native speaker on their last game of the season.

In short, they've just won their third promotion in a row and are back up to the fourth league now. Gates are usually around 2000 which is pretty good for Austrian park football.

Red Bull Salzburg not only changed the original side's name but their team colours - this is one of the reasons a new club was set up a la FC United.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
franchise football :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports