Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long Before Big Sam Gets his P45 ?

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Allardyce doesn't help himself with some his bleating that bemoans their current injury problems. He doesn't seem to appreciate that it was his decision to spend the vast majority of West Ham's transfer budget on an injury prone striker who has yet to play a match this season, resulting in them having to re-sign a mediocre centre forward they released at the end of last season as a last resort and not having any money to buy cover in other positions, particularly their defence.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
That could make him fireproof then, the compo package would be very painful for Golds and co.

Nowadays. Rarely is a contract paid at termination.They will just pay him monthly until he gets a new job .

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
They don't seem to want to sack him. Should've gone before xmas and taken that useless twonk of a captain with him. Would love Steve Clarke and/or Malky McKay.
Unfortunately, i think it's too late to keep us up now.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They need to give a new man as much of the transfer window as possible.

Gone today I reckon.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He doesn't seem to appreciate that it was his decision to spend the vast majority of West Ham's transfer budget on an injury prone striker ... resulting in them ... not having any money to buy cover in other positions, particularly their defence.

They need to give a new man as much of the transfer window as possible.

So, which is it?

If he's spent all the money, why does it matter when WH get rid of him?

I reckon he's got a few weeks myself - Gold won't want to splash out compo if he can help it (whether that's monthly or a lump sum)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Gone by the weekend I reckon. It's not just that they're losing, it's the fact they keep struggling against other teams at the bottom. They've lost to Fulham, Norwich and Palace in recent weeks, and they could only draw at home to Sunderland and West Brom. Big Sam was on thin ice before the last two games, but they have sealed his fate. I expect him to be sacked tomorrow and for Malky to be in by next weekend. It's always nice to see Allardyce sacked, as he's in the Mark Hughes category of playing shit football, getting poor results and blaming it all on everyone and everything but himself. A quite ghastly football manager.

yes, he is losing the games he should be winning against their fellow strugglers. you can't expect much from them against Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City etc but they should be beating the likes of Fulham/Sunderland /West Brom.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Amazed Lambert is still in a job, although I see Villa aren't too low down in the table now.

Why? Lambert's done a really good job considering he has had only a fraction of the money to spend there that Martin O'Neill had and so has had to blood a lot of young players, some of whom are still quite callow. A combination of O'Neill wasting a load of money when he was in charge and Randy Lerner seemingly having lost interest means that Lambert has largely had to feed off scraps there. Added to which, his best player has rather lost his way, either because he wants out or because he has lost confidence in his body having experienced the first proper injury of his career. Just because Villa are a big club by reputation, they cannot be anything more than lower mid-table without proper investment.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Why? Lambert's done a really good job considering he has had only a fraction of the money to spend there that Martin O'Neill had and so has had to blood a lot of young players, some of whom are still quite callow. A combination of O'Neill wasting a load of money when he was in charge and Randy Lerner seemingly having lost interest means that Lambert has largely had to feed off scraps there. Added to which, his best player has rather lost his way, either because he wants out or because he has lost confidence in his body having experienced the first proper injury of his career. Just because Villa are a big club by reputation, they cannot be anything more than lower mid-table without proper investment.

I don't think Lerner has the money he once did, so doesn't expect too much of Lambert, so as long as they're not flirting with going down, I reckon he'll be fine. They seem to pull out the odd good result too, and he has some decent young players.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Amazed Lambert is still in a job, although I see Villa aren't too low down in the table now

Don't understand this: Lambert must be one of the few managers in the PL whose job is safe. He was brought in in the midst of a cost-cutting exercise: he hasn't splashed out big money, he's got the wage bill down and is, as you say, in a comfortable mid-table position.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Don't understand this: Lambert must be one of the few managers in the PL whose job is safe. He was brought in in the midst of a cost-cutting exercise: he hasn't splashed out big money, he's got the wage bill down and is, as you say, in a comfortable mid-table position.

Fair enough, I'm not too aware of the financial situation at Villa. I'm still in the mindset of a good few years back when Villa were one of the sides expected to challenge for a Europa League spot or one of the cups. They were just awful last season.

Jimmy Grimble

A large part of the reason for Allardyce's success at Bolton was because they were one of the first English clubs to get heavily involved with the sports-science stuff, he had a couple of years benefiting from it before others caught up. They were also one of the first Premier League clubs to tap into the loan and free agent market successfully (Okocha, Campo, etc.). He's not been able to replicate it since. From what I can gather he seems to place too much emphasis on percentages and statistics; he's too entrenched in the science side of it all.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Board backed him today. In other words, he's f***ed.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
It's OK, Allardyce has unveiled his masterplan. He has signed Roger Johnson on loan from Wolves for the rest of the season. Shows how little budget he has left after blowing it all on Andy Carroll that he's had to resort to signing a player on loan from a team in League One who has barely played all season and who a good many Wolves fans would gladly drive to Upton Park themselves.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have a little sympathy for Allardyce but then I remember what a pal of Fergie's he is and that sympathy evaporates. Only problem is that I would like West Ham to be doing better than at least two other teams in the premier league, aka SAFC and CPFC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here