Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How is your HMRC experience.................... ..

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Just paid my tax 30 mins ago, shaking.
Hate paying tax when so many get away with it and are far richer than me and as a small business trying to turn a profit they expect me to pay tax on money I haven't made yet.
It makes my piss boil.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Literally just finalised my accounts with the bods who prepare them....tomorrow the return gets filed and my bank account gets a massive hit .......glum

D

Deleted member 2719

Hate paying tax when so many get away with it and are far richer than me and as a small business trying to turn a profit they expect me to pay tax on money I haven't made yet.
It makes my piss boil.

I feel your pain Mr Chopper, I am happy to pay anything I owe, but when it comes to tax it bugs me. I feel to this stage of my life I have put far more in the system than I have taken out.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
As a person who has pretty much taxed at source it is not an issue to bring teh other bits together. better than a paper form and this year a rebate.....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
your filing for the year April 2015-2016 right? why does anyone leave this for 9 months?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It makes my piss boil.

Was playing golf at the weekend and one of the guys I was playing with is an accountant. Staggering how much cash floats round the economy to avoid tax........particularly in the building trade in his experience. Biggest culprits are the multinationals though........'avoidance' on a massive scale.

D

Deleted member 22389

spent two hours trying to pay the f@@kers today. their online payment system wouldnt take my money on three attempts despite the bank approving the payment. no doubt they would have been efficient enough to fine me if i hadnt managed to find another payment method which was very laborious.

Was that through World Pay?, I had the same my card declined. In the end I did a bank transfer.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
God help any man who has to ring them up for help. Lost about 3 weeks of my life waiting for someone to finally answer the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Went back to being employed after being self-employed about 4 years ago, still get text messages and e-mails regularly extolling me to complete my tax return.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
your filing for the year April 2015-2016 right? why does anyone leave this for 9 months?

Apologies if i misunderstand your post, but in my experience not many people pay tax unless you are asked for it and then they take it up to the deadline.
In an ideal world we would put away 25% of your monthly takings and stuff it under the mattress, but due to things like cashflow, unexpected bills, making up for poor months to pay essential bills like mortgage, food etc it is tricky to stick to doing this every month.
I have enough put aside this time, but i know many who wait up to the deadline and just dont have it to pay and have to go cap in hand to anyone who will lend it to them or borrow from a bank or worse.
Even though i have it this time, i pay very reluctantly due to the unfairness of all the others that owe millions and get away with it, pay late and i get fined £100.

D

Deleted member 2719

Went back to being employed after being self-employed about 4 years ago, still get text messages and e-mails regularly extolling me to complete my tax return.

How did you find the transition from self-employed to employment??? Managers over managing you etc.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Wish I'd done mine earlier, would have pocketed my refund and not overpaid for so long. Just got into the habit of doing after Christmas I guess (when the reminder comes through).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here