Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How is the Royal family financially or constitutionally bad for Britain?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Buckingham Palace and Clarence House do belong to us, but Sandringham and Windsor Castle belong to the Queen as does Balmoral. I'm not sure about Glamis castle as I think the Queen Mum may have left it to the Scots in her will.

and some of those for some time wonder where they got the money from to buy them?
sorry nobody will ever convince me, that they are not workshy, bigoted, racist knobs who think they are better than you and I.
said it before and will again
THE RUSSIANS GOT IT RIGHT

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Go and live in Russia then!

If you read my post properly I said the Russian got it right it did not say or imply I wanted to live there, they got it right its maybe the only thing they have ever got right I don't know.

May 15, 2013
Presumably then you would feel the same way about politicians benefitting from their parents influence and wealth, such as the Miliband brothers, Chukka Umna, Hilary Benn, Harriet Harman, fatty Soames, John Gummers kid and not to mention the new generation of the children of Blair, Dromney, Benn (again) Gould.

Frankly this trend is far more worrying.............
The difference is that we can vote on politicians ability to do their job, if we think they are only in the position because of their parents we can vote against them, it's our choice in democracy. We don't have that option with Charles or William. Nice to see so many on here sticking up for the Palace though.

If you read my post properly I said the Russian got it right it did not say or imply I wanted to live there, they got it right its maybe the only thing they have ever got right I don't know.

So you are suggesting that we should murder our Royal Family and that murder is right? You suggested earlier that the Royals think they are better than us, in most circumstances they are. They are the Royal family.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So you are suggesting that we should murder our Royal Family and that murder is right? You suggested earlier that the Royals think they are better than us, in most circumstances they are. They are the Royal family.

Pray tell in which respects are they better than us? They have all had broken marriages, except Edward and the Queen, they dodge their tax,as far as possible,(labelled immoral in other cases by the Prime Minister, they revel in the slaughter ofvarious wildlife, and some are really not very pleasant people at all(yes, Andrew, i am looking at you).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pray tell in which respects are they better than us? They have all had broken marriages, except Edward and the Queen, they dodge their tax,as far as possible,(labelled immoral in other cases by the Prime Minister, they revel in the slaughter ofvarious wildlife, and some are really not very pleasant people at all(yes, Andrew, i am looking at you).

Harry seems quite a laugh though...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
and some of those for some time wonder where they got the money from to buy them?
sorry nobody will ever convince me, that they are not workshy, bigoted, racist knobs who think they are better than you and I.
said it before and will again
THE RUSSIANS GOT IT RIGHT

Remove the rich royals and end up with rich politbureau. George Orwell got it right in Animal Farm.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

So they're like normal people then ? Broken marriages, dodge tax ( us normal people do as well you know - booze cruises for one ) and go hunting ( it's not just the royals ).

They are better than us because they are Royal. Re tax evasion, at least they pay tax unlike 2. something million lazy sods. They generate million for our country. I think we should all concentrate on ourselves before critizing our beloved Royals.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The original post i answered was that they are better than us because 'they are the Royal Family'. Sorry, in my book they seem to be no better and no worse than anyone else in general,

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
They are better than us because they are Royal. Re tax evasion, at least they pay tax unlike 2. something million lazy sods. They generate million for our country. I think we should all concentrate on ourselves before critizing our beloved Royals.

Do you really believe this rubbish, or are you fishing?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

yep :fishing: or smoking to much wacky backy

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
although nothing to do with financial or constitutional matters surrounding the Monarchy,the Windsor chaps have over the years managed to pull some top totty(Fergie excluded)......just saying!

Dandyman

In London village.
I trust you would apply equality in your Religious re-education programme and include the Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Buddhists et al too?

Good luck with that by the way.

A secular society means the separation of state and religion, it applies to all religions. It does not, on the other hand, prevent anyone from following their faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here