Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How is it possible to defeat Isis ?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
A bloody nightmare caused solely by removing despot Dictators. When Sadaam and Gadaffi were in charge ISIS would never have got off the ground, they'd have been fatally dealt with. Yes, during their reign it might have been tough for some in that part of the World, but their removal has made it tough Worldwide for many many more. IMO Bush and Blairs meddling has caused this problem. God knows how many have died, and still will, due to them. WMD was nothing more than an excuse for Bush and his lapdog to flex their muscles.

I don't think you want t prop them up either though - Gadaffi would have fallen anyway eventually, and Asad is in a mess of his own doing. Then you become even more the enemy when they inevitably fall.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We need to assemble a multinational force including Russia, China and Arab states and destroy ISIS using an overpowering combination of boots on the ground and air power. Nothing less will do. And we should use whatever resources are necessary including cluster bombs.The scum should be wiped out as soon as possible.
This is a completely different kettle of fish as we have 1000's within our countries and many more joining the conveyer belt.
It's a case of stopping these people being radicalised as been mentioned earlier....This is the only way forward it seems.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The Middle East has been a mess for centuries the only difference is it is now spreading wider. Why do people think that nothing is being done just because it is not reported, the SAS, secret services and other covert operations will by their nature be unknown This was the case in N Ireland for years so it's something we have experienced before. To me it was no coincidence that the increase in military spending was highlighted around special operations and cyber warfare.
Modern warfare has changed it is not simply about the traditional battlefield we need to erode the supply line of recruits through military, education and social change but this will not happen over night.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wasn't the last time there was an Arab uprising looking to create a caliphate, the mad Mahdi was held up by Gordon of Khartoum?

One of the points above was to get acoalition of Arab countries? But the Arabs support these maniacs ...their main funding comes from Abu Dhabi and parts of UAE and Saudi. Trouble is this is a Sunni/ Shiite war that we are are but pawns in!

Someone at work was at Friday prayers last week in Hounslow and afterwards there was a huge argument between a load of people about the different factions and he said that was the first time that he actually felt uncomfortable amongst fellow Muslims. It is a very serious situation if this kicks off over here.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Agree but the sheer amount of money available is inexhaustible .......and of course they have the oil, so the West would never agree sanctions against them.
Very sad world we live in when money is more important than lives....Not surprised though like most.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unfortunately it's so much more difficult now. These guys are smart, there is no battlefield, they've bought the war to everyone's doorstep.
True, but maybe a statement of intent (if we can get that arse Putin on our side) might just get them to recognise a no-win scenario. Much of Syria and Iran will be destroyed, thousands will die, but that's maybe what we need the west to be strong enough to do.

Not holding my breath, though............

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
[yt]xGMWZJlA0QA[/yt]

We've got to round 'em up,
Put 'em in a field,
And bomb the bastaaaaaards!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We need to assemble a multinational force including Russia, China and Arab states and destroy ISIS using an overpowering combination of boots on the ground and air power. Nothing less will do. And we should use whatever resources are necessary including cluster bombs.The scum should be wiped out as soon as possible.
Well said. Viewed like that it could be something that unites the world.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
During 1939 and 1945 I doubt that many Germans were allowed to roam freely in the UK.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I reckon we just need to turn that Hardon Collinder up to 11, prove once and for all that there is no supreme being watching over us and making us all out of Playdough and then we can all live in Hermione.

I'll bring this idea up next time I'm at a G4 summit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here