Votes: 4 6.3%
  • England regular

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • World Player of the year

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The lad looks sheer class, a young, ball-playing centre-half which is one of those positions that hold a price premium. Hopefully he'll be with us for a good while - but if he is as talented as I think he is and keeps improving and progressing, I fear it might not be for too much longer.

What do you reckon the future holds for him?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
He reminds me very much of Gary Cahill, and I think he will will play for a top Prem club one day. I just hope if anyone were to sign him that its is a mid-table Prem team who will play him rather than put him in the reserves.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Was actually thinking on sat that I think El Abd may be better at the back. Dunk will no doubt do well in the game but does slice things all over the shop and seems to make a few glaring errors (which we got away with).

Good player though. Can see him playing prem league

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He needs to stop picking up so many cards.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he improves his heading ability, which at the moment is poor he could go on to a top club if not he will make lower Prem. I think trhat we have all got carried away with him yes he has been a revelation but a lot of central defender against us have been better. Coventry 2 were both much better at attacking the ball in the air. Greer is better on the ground but again Dunk is young and inexperienced.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Was actually thinking on sat that I think El Abd may be better at the back. Dunk will no doubt do well in the game but does slice things all over the shop and seems to make a few glaring errors (which we got away with).

Good player though. Can see him playing prem league

Agree about errors (and cards) but I'm assuming he can learn to eliminate those. Rio Ferdinand made loads of errors at West Ham at the same age, giving the ball away because he was being told to pass it (sound familiar?) But in the long term, made him a better player.

I think he has done remarkably well as a teenager given he wouldn't have expected to play any games, let alone start virtually every one in a higher league.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
He is still learning his craft but has a number of key attributes that could see him hit the heights:
Vision - he anticipates well, which means he often has instinctive ...
Positioning - in the right place at the right time
Good tackler - has got us out of trouble in the box time and again. Yes, he's given away one or two pens, but he gets it right far more often
Passing - he's comfortable on the ball and will get stronger

Let's hope we can hang on to him long enough to see him in the Premiership in an Albion shirt :albion:

chidgull

Apr 29, 2006
be interesting to compare him with Forest's Jamal Lascelles, an 18 year old who seems to be attracting Premier league scouts...if he plays on saturday

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ideally he'd play a couple of more years at a decent level in the Championship, before ending up in the top half of the Prem as a useful squad player. Realistically I'd say Fulham / Bolton level, rather than top 4, but stranger things have happened. Arsenal took Carl Jenkinson straight from League One Charlton, to the Champions League, and is he actually any better?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Everton or Aston Villa in 5 years time, unless Arsenal think he's worth a punt.

I'm more concerned about Liam Bridcutt's immediate future, to be honest. I reckon he'll be a Premiership player next season.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If he improves his heading ability, which at the moment is poor .

You continually spout this particular line of nonsense. Seriously, what an odd thing to maintain. If he was so poor on Saturday, why is it that the man mountain Clive Platt, and the highly rated Lukas Jutkeweicz failed to win a single meaningful header all game?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Some of his passing on Saturday was pretty crisp. The floor-cutting, cross-field, arrow-like ping (as it's technically known) to Calderon on several occasions was one of our more effective routes forward.

Still, as of a week ago, we can no longer call him a promising teenager.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I dont think he has had that many cards.....

A few for starters i recall he has taken a yellow " for the team " from a poor pass too him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here