Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How gutted would you be if GP went to Newcastle?

How gutted would you be if Potter went to Newcastle

• Total voters

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
If reports are true and Potter is on only £1m per year. That's a very poor salary for a PL Manager.

If Brighton want to keep Potter they just offer the going rate for a PL Manager which is circa £3 - 4 million per annum. The top 3 or 4 managers might be on £5 - 6 million per annum.

So just up his salary and job done. If they don't then the more successful he is then the more attractive he will be to other clubs but certainly £1m per annum ain't gonna keep him at Brighton

Reports are not true… thought I’d clear that up for you

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I cannot believe that such a clever, personable man would touch the Saudis' billions with a barge pole.
The fact that the deal went through at all is beyond belief.

Sadly I felt the opposite... I would have been shocked if the PL showed some kind of sense and told the Saudis to **** off.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Will Newcastle be contractually obliged to sing his fan club as well?

If yes - then I'm conflicted!

Daily Mail Online : Swansman leaves NSC for an undisclosed fee. :lolol:

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] seen leaving his home clicking his heels then jumping into a new Range Rover.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
My hope is Potter stays for next ten years, we become a proper established top ten team and then Potter becomes the England manager and wins the World Cup with 3-4 Brighton academy players involved. The winning goal will be scored by a Brighton player. UTA.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What the f#ck items that statement all about ?

The boy is having 24 hours of mentalism. I am confident that normality will resume once the psilocybin and psilocin wear off.

(Only a few years to go and his puff of choice will be Phyllosan ??? :wink:)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The boy is having 24 hours of mentalism. I am confident that normality will resume once the psilocybin and psilocin wear off.

(Only a few years to go and his puff of choice will be Phyllosan ??? :wink:)

LOL

Don't be mentioning all those psychotropic drugs on here. Otherwise you might encourage a break in to your home with people thinking you are a " social " chemist. :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I cannot believe that such a clever, personable man would touch the Saudis' billions with a barge pole.
The fact that the deal went through at all is beyond belief.

I am a bit more of an old cynic, but I agree with you, but for different reasons. This season Newcastle will be a fire fight and even with a money splurge in the window the squad will remain weak, plus most of the current squad already realise they will be gone in the summer so motivation of the troops will be tricky.

The planning permission is in place, and the funds are available, but work has yet to start on the old castle, and even a quick change of caretaker won't stop the rot.

Next summer, though, maybe, though. But by then the castle will have a young man in a suit or an old man in a suit playing Tetris with the falling masonry.

No, Potter won't be leaving for Newcastle.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
LOL

Don't be mentioning all those psychotropic drugs on here. Otherwise you might encourage a break in to your home with people thinking you are a " social " chemist. :)

I'm far too mad at baseline to engage with that malarkey, mate :lolol: :thumbsup:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I have faith in him that he wouldn't wish to be a pawn of the Saudi state. Don't let me down Graham!

D

Deleted member 2719

My hope is Potter stays for next ten years, we become a proper established top ten team and then Potter becomes the England manager and wins the World Cup with 3-4 Brighton academy players involved. The winning goal will be scored by a Brighton player. UTA.

Do you know what, that could even become reality.

Nothing is impossible with this current setup.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Awful job to have for the next couple of years……..(other than the inevitable payoff when getting fired):

Loads of hugely expensive (will be at a premium now they’ve showed their knickers to the market), but thoughtless signings incoming without a clear playing strategy
Owners who don’t understand Football and who will expect an instant payback
Owners that will be trigger happy if they don’t get it
Fanbase that now has fever-pitch expectations of instant success

100% not the kind of place Potter would go to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here