Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How good will/was/shall Billy Gilmour be tonight.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Billy had another good controlling game again today.
There was one incredible reverse pass in the second half as part of a move which unfortunately came to nothing. Can't find it yet on SM but hopefully someone posts it
I remember the pass, but actually just thought that he was okay….
Loads of space.

Dec 29, 2011
Think it’s going a little underappreciated just how good the Gilmour & Gross midfield pairing is, probably due to reservations over the lack of a destroyer type in there.

When they’re both on song it’s a joy to watch us cut through teams with our methodical yet quick-thinking passing through the lines.
It only really works when we dominate midfield. If we are outmatched in midfield the game seems to pass him by sometimes. Would have liked to see how well he played next to Caicedo, but really I don't think BG has performed much worse than MacAllister, which is saying something.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s a great player. Really gives us something different.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It only really works when we dominate midfield. If we are outmatched in midfield the game seems to pass him by sometimes. Would have liked to see how well he played next to Caicedo, but really I don't think BG has performed much worse than MacAllister, which is saying something.

I think of Gilmour as a gifted playmaker, who this season has admirably added a nuisance factor to his game eg he expertly wound up the CP and Wolves midfielders in the recent home games.

Whilst for us and Argentina MacA was imho a world class CM allrounder. If Caicedo was upfield, MacA covered and vice versa, also creating, impossible to dispossess, running lesser opponents into the ground, popping up with vital goals. 10 PL goals last season, 5 the season before.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
in the second half I wasn't sure who I most wanted to score, WBG or Moder

doesn't mater now

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
WBG seems to be one of those players who can ping a pinpoint pass every single time, but - given a shooting opportunity - will instantly forget how to kick a ball, and instead balloon it out the stadium entirely.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Billy (and Pascal) got a lot of praise on yesterday’s 5 Live Football Daily, the highlight of which being Reo-Coker saying he’d have that midfield pairing over most in the division including Enzo Fernandez and Caicedo 👀

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here