How good were we yesterday?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
And the answer is Damn Good.

Hope the 3 plonkers to my right who were slagging off Wilkins all second half were suitably ashamed after they finishd celebrating with the rest of us.

The manager's tactics were spot on and the team, all of them, were magnificent. We were one player down but still the better team for most of the game.

Before the game I was expecting it to be a tough one for us, but what a great performance.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
And the answer is Damn Good.

Hope the 3 plonkers to my right who were slagging off Wilkins all second half were suitably ashamed after they finishd celebrating with the rest of us.

The manager's tactics were spot on and the team, all of them, were magnificent. We were one player down but still the better team for most of the game.

Before the game I was expecting it to be a tough one for us, but what a great performance.
Thats 3 plonkers that travelled a long way to watch the albion???

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Intresting, I was told by three or four people we were awful in the second half yesterday and were very very lucky to get anything out of it. However I wasn't there so im not going to disagree with you!

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
I don't see how anyone could complain about Wilkins tactics yesterday.

The other week folk were complaining that Kerry boy and Gary Hart weren't being used. Yesterday he brought them on when their experience was needed in the positions they were needed and they did the job. All the time we hung on at one - nil (not to say we didn't have chances mind) we were in with a chance. Then he put on Nathan Elder at the end and it paid off.

What can be wrong with that?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Intresting, I was told by three or four people we were awful in the second half yesterday and were very very lucky to get anything out of it. However I wasn't there so im not going to disagree with you!

We didn't create anything all match, apart from one decent run by Alex in the first half and a snap shot by Forster in the second which went over. Oldham's number 4, Kalala, ran the match, looks destined for better things.

Having said that, Oldham had few chances, especially in the second half, although we were indebted to FDM in the first to keep us in it.

The defence chased and covered everything, as did Fraser and Cox in midfield, and the front two were superb in the role in closing down Oldham as much as they could.

We were a bit spawny to score with our first real chance, but frankly I could not care, it was a wonderful feeling at the end.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We played well on the basis of only having 10 men for 80 minutes. When Hughes scored the opener it looked as if we would not be able to get back into the game. However we did equal them at times even though they had a numerical advantage. With 10 minutes to go I was thinking that if Hammo hadn't been red carded we could have at least grabbed a point instead of dropping 3. That all changed in the 92nd minute with a goalmouth scramble and the ball ended up in the back of the net - we all went absolutely f***ing mental in the ensuing celebrations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports