Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How good was DUNK today?!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Dunk and JPVH together are a weapons grade unit in central defense Now.

I think Dunk is better when he knows he can trust, or has full understanig of his defensive partner in the middle . . . It's a key pairing to a good team . . . .

This is a very good thing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know it’s not the “done thing” after a loss for a positive player performance thread. If we win everyone is a legend, if we lose… less so.

But I think Dunk was absolutely immense today. Without him it could’ve gotten very messy.

No yellow card, some world class defending including an amazing header off the line - but what about that (left foot?) through ball out of absolutely nowhere. Absolutely wonderful footballer.

I hope his cock and balls are okay though. That looked… sore.

(Again, before I’m attacked, gutted to lose any game) but wasn’t he outstanding?
I have been chatting recently with my TV footy companion (Bob, posts passim) about who in the EPL has been outstanding all season (or given that impression). He being a Liverpool man said Salah. I said I think not, but this was qualified as 'he's EPL top score' so I accepted it. I suggested McGinn at Villa, before venturing to offer one of ours. We soon named the two England keepers, Pop and Pickford, scratching our heads to name other players. But we did both agree about one. Lewis Dunk.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
You always need a strong defensive display at Arsenal and we certainly got one today. Great individual performance and leadership from Dunk, ably supported by JpVH in particular, kept us in the game to the end.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He has become, without a doubt in my mind, one of the best defenders in the world.

Might I suggest that your views are through blue and white tinted glasses, otherwise he'd be number 1 for England and not behind a slabhead because we all know how unbiased and flexible Southgate is.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Might I suggest that your views are through blue and white tinted glasses, otherwise he'd be number 1 for England and not behind a slabhead because we all know how unbiased and flexible Southgate is.
There is not a single element of the game where slabhead is better than Dunk. He's as good as Dunk in the air, possibly as fast (slow), and not as good at every other facet. It shows Southgate up as a *****r of the first order.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Everything you say is true, undoubtedly amazeballs. But the biggest thing might be that if he stays fit and elite for a couple more seasons consistently, JPVH has the best influence next to him to turn into Dunkie mk2 for the next 10-15 years and continue Dunk’s legacy.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It would be ridiculous if someone else had done it. For Dunk it was standard. The commentator didn't realise that though, and was taken aback by it.
The pundit on my feed thought it was a lucky fluke at first, such was the speed of the move.

He did correct himself later with the slo-mo with Dunk getting the deserved praise.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
An Arsenal supporting friend of mine messaged me after the game, and the main thing he talked about how good Dunk was.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It's not often a team loses a game, and one of their players stands out so brilliantly. I thought Dunk was the MOTM and best player on the pitch, and this is including what was a very good Arsenal side.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nah he's one of those annoying "eminently reasonable" football fans - a rare and dying breed.

I don't think it's reasonable for a friend to be messaging after a game like that. We were awful and got beat. Last thing I need is some plastic Arsenal fan patronising me. 'You did really well to keep it at only 2'. Fuckoff

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think it's reasonable for a friend to be messaging after a game like that. We were awful and got beat. Last thing I need is some plastic Arsenal fan patronising me. 'You did really well to keep it at only 2'. Fuckoff
He's not plastic - he's from North London.

Literally all he spoke about was how good Dunk was.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Anyone notice in the first half he dissappeared down the left and put in a cross from the byline, not once but a few times. Puts a whole new meaning to cutting out the middle man.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Just seen a clip on something called 2 Good, 2 Bad which shows him being turned inside out by Arsenal players on a couple of occasions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here