Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Good Is Your Memory?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Memory starts to decline from your early twenties onwards.

Like many, I have a great memory for useless trivia (though not as good as it used to be), but struggle to recall more important stuff. I've also found my memory is considerably worse than it used to be, say ten years ago. Bizarre, and frustrating.
Sad but true. Exactly where I am myself.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Names are going... I've started referring to people (even ones I know quite well) as 'you know, the couple up the road with the blue car and big dog who we go to the pub with', and names of objects as well, as the other night showed when I asked for 'the wooden stick things you use to light the fire with'. I genuinely couldn't remember what they were called.

However, on a rare visit to Brighton recently, I was meeting some friends in Donatellos. I'd not been there, and they went into great complicated detail explaining how to get there. Eventually one said 'opposite the Druids Head' - of course, even after 15 years away I knew precisely where it was and needed no directions at all!

Memory's a funny thing. And a little scary too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I started back at work on Monday and hadn't actually put any tools in the van... (Unloaded after the Xmas break.) I then had to make out to the customer that i needed to pop out again to get some more materials and sped the 8 miles home ASAP. Then when I got back to the job I realised I actually did need materials which I hadn't picked up to start any work. The only thing I got right was I had actually gone to the right job...............................lists......lots of lists.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Memory starts to decline from your early twenties onwards.

Like many, I have a great memory for useless trivia (though not as good as it used to be), but struggle to recall more important stuff. I've also found my memory is considerably worse than it used to be, say ten years ago. Bizarre, and frustrating.

Maybe it has actually always been bad and you just don't, you know ... remember?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've not got a clue what's going on upstairs.

I can easily recite all 50 US States.
I can recall phone numbers, full addresses and postcodes from 15+ years ago.

I can't remember people's names.
Living with the same people for the past 6 months and working with the same group for 2+ years.
I just can't remember names. It's pretty embarrassing/awkward at times.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
attachment.php

Attachments

• alzheimers_test_xlarge.jpeg
    alzheimers_test_xlarge.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 112

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
I have the best memory
I remember going on a picnic with my dad and then going home with my mum, 9 months before i was born

Dec 29, 2011
I've been told that a good test is to show anyone a random sequence of numbers and let them look at them for ten seconds, remove the numbers and ask people to recite as many sequential as they can.

Anything over six is considered above average intelligence.

Here are ten numbers, how many can you remember?

1740, 6690, 1204, 9952, 6741, 8510, 9502, 3308, 9029, 2740

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here