Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How good is Jose Ulloa??

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Amazing what you can achieve with a talented midfield, a couple of quality wingers and a big bloke up front. CMS needs offloading soon as. Same goes for the curled-lip snide that is Ashley Barnes unless he grows a brain sometime soon.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Was the first goal an own goal, though?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
2.5 mill or what ever it was seems an absolute bargain, when you consider Jordan Rhodes went for £8 mill.
Its his work all over the pitch that I like, in defence, adds to the heading capabilities, he drops deep in midfield and holds the ball up well too.
He really seems a great buy.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Just hope he can keep his place once Macca is fit again :facepalm:

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
And, I know I shouldn't laugh, but nutting Glenn Murray and leaving him on the deck was mint.
Get it, ooh I make I laff sometimes

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
showed his talent when he headed butted Murray. Well that's what Glenn and the Palace fans thought, looked like they clashed heads as he went for a header to me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And, I know I shouldn't laugh, but nutting Glenn Murray and leaving him on the deck was mint.
Get it, ooh I make I laff sometimes

Did you hear the 'You can stick Glenn Murray up your @@@@' chants from central west upper today.

Absolute quality.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Did you hear the 'You can stick Glenn Murray up your @@@@' chants from central west upper today.

My 7-year-old heard that and decided to join in. He didn't get it quite right though - he chanted. " You can stick Glenn Murray on the grass." Bless him.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
His goals of course are special but his all round contribution is excellent too. Happy to drop deep to defend, break up play or support the midfield. He looks like another centre half at opposition corners. But his finishing is superb - his second today looked so simple but was a masterclass in anticipation, reading the game, positioning and composure. I think we have a gem of a player and one who clearly appreciated everything about today judging by his celebrations.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Amazing what you can achieve with a talented midfield, a couple of quality wingers and a big bloke up front. CMS needs offloading soon as. Same goes for the curled-lip snide that is Ashley Barnes unless he grows a brain sometime soon.
The thing is, Len was fooked, well and truly properly fooked, towards the end, as was their back 4.

Bringing on CMS for the last 15 would have scared the bejesus out of them.

Obviously that raises way too many problems.

CMS didn't come here to keep the bench warm, not with his price tag and wages.
Plus the 'well I would say that wouldn't I', argument.

Nevertheless, Len isn't going to win it on his own.
Barnes will be too busy mending bridges.
Hoskins is gone.
As is Dobbie.
The dev squad isn't producing anyone, any time soon.

So either Gus brings in at least 3 strikers in the Summer, or we find out if some kind of job share Len & CMS can work.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
And no more threads on Gus not being able to find strikers. Barnes has been quality VALUE and a useful servant. CMS average but still OK at a higher level (just not lived up to fee). Ulloa was his man and took a long time to finally finish the deal, but is EXACTLY the right striker for us :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here