Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how good are bristol city

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
lots of brighton post on threads over the last few days have been about who brighton will sign next season when they are in division 1 who they will be playing etc.
are brighton fans jumping the gun will bristol city have something to say about this.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
It depends on what mood they are in on Sunday. If they get an early breakthrough we could be stuffed out of sight. If they don't they may well get nervous and 'do a Swindon'

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I actually dont think we are as good as them, and they probably deserve it because they were so close to going straight up, but anything can happen on the day!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not at all BR, every message board in the country is full of people certain (or hoping) that Bristol City will win.

Apart from Wrexham, Bristol Rovers, some Cardiff and Plymouth fans and the occasional wavering Swindon fan.

All the predictions in the papers and on Sky this weekend will also tip BC to win easily as "Brighton have surely used up all their luck".

We're quite happy sitting here with nobody noticing us thanks(apart from John Prescott).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mr Rock, you're talking out of your arse if you think we all really believe we're definitely going up.

I actually don't think we'll win to be honest, and in truth I'm going to Cardiff for the experience and in hope. It's funny because the Swindon games meant more to me than this one, even though this is the one that determines what division we'll be in next season.

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
i think the wide pitch will work more for them than us.

we hardly have dribblers, wingers.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think theyre better than us, and they have a better manager, who has been there for a few years now so all is settled

having said all that, its effectively a cup final so anything could happen on the day, we may even muster a shot on target !!! :eek:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And if we don't win, who better to take the prize than the LOVELY Danny Wilson (my first Albion hero).

Better than watching Andy King swanning around celebrating with a fat cigar.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Man for man they are better than us, but they blew out last year and it will probably be preying on their minds. I feel more confident of beating them than I did Swindon. I am NOT happy just to be there as some seem to be, I want a win :eek:

Wotton is God

Jan 6, 2004
Yes, you're quite right that a majority of Argyle supporters are hoping the Albion will turn City over. And despite last Thursday's result, Swindon supporters will tend to favour you chaps too.

Here's hoping for a Seagulls victory anyway, to pi$$ on the City bonfire. I'll be along with a workmate to witness the event. Just wondering whether wearing an Argyle shirt may be a bit silly!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Richtea Horace said:
On what basis is Wilson a better manager than Mcghee?

Don't agree

well thus far he's managed at a higher level and his sides play much better football, both technically and to watch !

just my opinion

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
To be honest, i think we'll loose. Saying th\at now i think 'well to be honest we're damn lucky to be here in the first place...', but i no on the day if we DO loose i'll be gutted! Although i think if we play absolute b0ll0cks as we did against swindon and get a deserved beating i'd be more gutted than if we ran them all the way, gave them a good game and just missed out.

BUT i thnk we'll put in a decent performance on Sunday. McGhee def won't be happy with thursday performance n he'll get em into shape for sunday. I hope.
:bounce:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Wotton is God said:
Yes, you're quite right that a majority of Argyle supporters are hoping the Albion will turn City over. And despite last Thursday's result, Swindon supporters will tend to favour you chaps too.

Here's hoping for a Seagulls victory anyway, to pi$$ on the City bonfire. I'll be along with a workmate to witness the event. Just wondering whether wearing an Argyle shirt may be a bit silly!

Don't wear an Argyle shirt, its not fans united !!
I'll bring you one of my Albion shirts for the day.

May 21, 2004
Turkey said:
If we lose will you stay and applaud Bristol City. I reckon I will.

What even if they score a last minute goal from a drop ball that they should have kicked back to us.....yeah sure you will Turkey, what a silly statement to make before the game is even played, they may go all out and try and injure all our players to win, you just don't know yet.:glare:

I think BC are the favourites really, they seem to have more options than us. But we have got a decent chance, probably a superior defence and two decent strikers, we need the midfield to step and really play to their maximum. If they do we can do it.

I think its fairly even with BC just having the edge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here