Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How far does your dislike of palace go?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm similar to the o.p i think. I won't watch their highlights if they haven't lost. If any one connected to them is being interviewed I'll turn the sound off. Can't support any team in red and blue. Can't even put the colours red and blue together. If someone says something positive about them I have to put them right that they are in fact a shitheap of a club. I also threatened to resign when my small company thought about employing a palace fan*. Inevitably he turned out to be a massive nobhead that was universally disliked by everyone in the company and so wasn't offered a job.

* I wasn't being entirely serious...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Palace fans are mostly decent, proper football fans. No problem with them at all.

I can't abide their club though - goals conceded by Palace on MotD are the only goals beyond Albion / England goals that I actually CHEER.

The two Chelsea ones at the weekend were both superb, btw.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i have a few mates who are palace fans and they are good guys, and generally their fans seem a decent bunch (minus the trolls who come on here) - i guess i feel the same way as the above - i like it when they lose, but its all a bit of fun really

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I respect other points of view (it would be a losing battle on these "How much do you hate Palace?" threads not to...) but for the record:

I find it impossible to express adequately the extent of my "dislike" for Crystal Palace FC.

People who "get it" will know exactly what I mean.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
I have nothing against most football fans and that includes Palace.
I do have a problem with a hand full of clubs that have done me wrong but Palace are not one of those.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There are some clubs that its very easy to dislike Portsmouth, Millwall, Leeds, Man U for obvious reasons

Palace aren't one of them. But, can't help feel Palace have worked the system and succeeded which isn't great for football, they wiped the slate clean twice inside a decade and made others suffer. This is the main reason I'm not keen on the club, the fans though are mostly OK though and probably deserve something better

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Blimey. It's a rare day on here that I feel reactionary, but you guys have succeeded in this thread.

I hate the b'stards. I hate the club, hate the fans, hate the wavy-haired poxy chairman, hate the excuse for a ground ("I know - let's clad it" hahahahaha), hate the fact that they've screwed over their creditors twice and truly, truly hate the fact that my route to the AMEX from my gf's takes me right past their ground. Still, at least I can spit out my car window at them. Theirs is always the second result I look for (first result if I'm at our game) and them losing gives me c 70% of the pleasure I derive from us winning (though I am starting to forget what the latter feeling actually feels like).

Sure, as individuals, some of their fans are decent sorts (providing we don't talk football), and I have grudging respect that they don't support some ridiculous PL side, choosing instead to support their local team, but that's as far as I can go.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Loads of mates are Palace fans , they support their team like we do, they have good, bad, plastic, JCL fans, just like us as well ? Do I hate them, no. There are some aspects I don't like. Drummers, Ultras etc, but if Orient had them I would dislike them as well. I do hate Warnock though, a hypocrite of the highest order, so on Saturday its a crime for Chelsea players to surround the ref to get their player sent off, think he should watch the replay on how his players reacted to get the Chelski player sent off earlier ?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Blimey. It's a rare day on here that I feel reactionary, but you guys have succeeded in this thread.

I hate the b'stards. I hate the club, hate the fans, hate the wavy-haired poxy chairman, hate the excuse for a ground ("I know - let's clad it" hahahahaha), hate the fact that they've screwed over their creditors twice and truly, truly hate the fact that my route to the AMEX from my gf's takes me right past their ground. Still, at least I can spit out my car window at them. Theirs is always the second result I look for (first result if I'm at our game) and them losing gives me c 70% of the pleasure I derive from us winning (though I am starting to forget what the latter feeling actually feels like).
This. For the remainder of this season (barring a miracle run to the play-offs) I will be more pleased on Saturday nights when Palace have lost and we have drawn/lost than if we win and they win.

"I never felt more like singing the blues" is my favourite Albion song. I just wish it got more regular airings...!

el punal

When I was younger like most I disliked them but now as I have got older I just class them as a non entity and dont really care what they do.

Me too. Was there at every game during the 70s. Couldn't stand them or their fans. The peak of that intense dislike was THAT cup replay at Stamford Bridge. Now I'm older (but no wiser!) and have mellowed. Strangely enough I'm not fussed about them now, apart from the play-off game. At least their fans follow them as a local side rather than the Chelsea/ Man.Utd glory hunters.

This opinion is of course subject to change when our paths cross again! :lolol:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Are they the team I least want to get beaten by?, damn right!! but I don't hate them at all, life is way too short to hate other fans/clubs, it's a game of football for gods sake.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
haven't been to a palace game since the mid 80's,but i still ****ing hate them

1st big mob I ever see at Brighton and remember thinking,****ing hell look at this lot

getting filled in outside stamford bridge didn't help

the game in my username is one of the best away days i ever went to

met a few palace lads when working on the building,north of the M25

they were alright,exchanging various stories about trips up north

at the end of the day they support their local team which is what it's all about

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
do you really like to see Palace shirt wearing goons walking the streets of Sussex, although they have every right to put their shirt on i always see it as a bit of a piss take especially when they've got their kid in tow wearing it as well
regards
DR

I hate it in Sussex. You're right, it is a piss take. Especially travelling to sell hurst for the away game and they all get on at bexhill. At least get past haywards Heath first!

If you ask me what I thought of Palace, Id tell you...w*****s, scum o the earth, shlt on my shoe....etc etc

Would I punch one on th back of the head? No

Would I call after one as he was leaving the pub to tell him he'd left his phone on the table? Probably

Would I save one from drowning? Of course

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
m not really bothered about it but, as a couple of others have said above, I would support the Iraqi National Guard against Man Utd (as my brother put it a few years ago)

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
If you ask me what I thought of Palace, Id tell you...w*****s, scum o the earth, shlt on my shoe....etc etc

Would I punch one on th back of the head? No

Would I call after one as he was leaving the pub to tell him he'd left his phone on the table? Probably

Would I save one from drowning? Of course

Hate them always will , but kind of respect them just a little :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here