How far can we go?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Up then down, then up then down, then up and stay up, then europa league, then league cup, then champions league spot, then f a cup, then premier league champions, then champions of Europe, then super cup winners, then world club winners,

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
8-15 in premiership but light years away from top 7 over a season with their wealth and ability to attract best players. If we end up like Fulham, that would be a great future.
Oh I agree, I was just pointing out what I thought was our eventual limit. As you say it will take years and there WILL be reverses along the way.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
In 7 years we will be a top 7 club in the prem . A new investor will come in with serious money , its a great City so we wont have any trouble attracting top players to come and live here, we have a new Stadium and superb support , all the hard work has been done.

I'm 100% certain an oversees billionaire will come in and provide the only missing link which is war chest for players

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Anything Swansea or Fulham can do we have to believe we can do in time.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Financial fair play will even things out and hopefully mean a well run club with a decent owner should see mid premiership as a norm with the occasional great cup year mixed in with the occasional flirt with and actual relegation. I think we are like west brom, Fulham etc and that's more than enough. The reality is the current top 7/8 will stay the same which actually is not unlike pre and early days of premiership as its the same mob plus man city!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
In 7 years we will be a top 7 club in the prem . A new investor will come in with serious money , its a great City so we wont have any trouble attracting top players to come and live here, we have a new Stadium and superb support , all the hard work has been done.

I'm 100% certain an oversees billionaire will come in and provide the only missing link which is war chest for players

Be careful what you wish for.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
A serious question as I am interested in your thoughts. We have some ambitious people steering our ship. What do you think our true potential is?. Also what timescales?.

Steady Prem side, Champions league, Euro league etc etc.

For me I go with the flow we are where we are and we'll be where we'll be but as long as we end up dominating the scum then I'm h.a.p.p.y.

Put CMS and Barnes back in the team which Gus is likely to do as he does not learn from mistakes,and we can go all the way back down to division 1 in a single season

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Within the confines of our current sensible, pragmatic, reasonable set-up, I would like to think it is possible to reach the Premiership and hang in there. I can't imagine finishing in the top half or even the top 15 in the short term. However, Swansea have provided the template for us to follow. The League Cup is always a viable route into Europe (although we do seem to have the worst record in the universe at that particular competition).

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Key thing is to attract the better players to us by getting the training ground built in good time. It's a massive disadvantage at the moment trying to get players to sign and work in sub standard facilities. Once we reach the promised land I believe we can be a force to be reckoned with, no disrespect to Stoke or West Brom they are not the sexiest places to play football where as Brighton is certainly a wonderful place to live and work, being so close to London is an bonus. Chelsea,Tottenham have not got huge stadiums so capacity is not a huge stumbling block to us becoming real contenders.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Be careful what you wish for.

Not wishing for it at all , just what I can certainly see happening , no other club in England offers what Brighton can in regards to location, the stadium , the fan base etc its unique

The sleeping giant has been awoken

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Up then down, then up then down, then up and stay up, then europa league, then league cup, then champions league spot, then f a cup, then premier league champions, then champions of Europe, then super cup winners, then world club winners,

Give us a toke:smokin:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looking at the big picture, clubs always aspire to reach the pinnacle of domestic and European football. Some stay at the top longer than others and some never get remotely near that. Just look at all the clubs that are in the bottom 2 divisions that used to be in what was the first division. All we can do is what everyone else does, try our best and hope for some luck or an edge or a good innovative manager/chairman combo and hope it falls in to place.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

:drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports