Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Essex are you?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Why does everyone dislike Essex what is it that you do not like about the county and its people.
I think that Essex folk are unique in the same way as scousers and geordies are.
For me Essex is very Marmite but at least they have a strong identity, good or bad, I find Essex folk quite interesting especially the fillies.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why does everyone dislike Essex what is it that you do not like about the county and its people.
I think that Essex folk are unique in the same way as scousers and geordies are.
For me Essex is very Marmite but at least they have a strong identity, good or bad, I find Essex folk quite interesting especially the fillies.

Easy for you to say that, you live hundreds of miles from them:smile:
Have you ever watched that Only Way is Essex rubbish, wannabes.
Sorry nothing like Scousers .

Mike's Small

Apr 11, 2012
Uckfield
Only 6%. Must have got out at the right time as we moved down here when I was 9. Still have family there and my 'accent' only comes out when I go 'over West Ham'.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Easy for you to say that, you live hundreds of miles from them:smile:
Have you ever watched that Only Way is Essex rubbish, wannabes.
Sorry nothing like Scousers .

I am originally from Kent and had a true Essex girlfriend. I know they are nothing like scousers I meant they have an identity. Towie may be crap but they would never have made The Only Way Is Hampshire.
When you meet someone from Essex you almost immediately know where they are from.
Parts of Essex are quite nice but most of it is horrible. I went to Tilbury once and I felt lucky to come away alive, a truly horrible place.
And it is treason if you don't support West Ham.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I am originally from Kent and had a true Essex girlfriend. I know they are nothing like scousers I meant they have an identity. Towie may be crap but they would never have made The Only Way Is Hampshire.
When you meet someone from Essex you almost immediately know where they are from.
Parts of Essex are quite nice but most of it is horrible. I went to Tilbury once and I felt lucky to come away alive, a truly horrible place.
And it is treason if you don't support West Ham.

TBH I wouldn't know the difference between someone from London or someone from Essex, or even someone from North west Kent, but Scousers are totally unique.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Lived in Thorpe bay for about 10 years from age of 10.

What brought you to Leigh? I went to school there (westcliff boys)

Work originally then I met an Essex girl, kids, house etc. etc. it was only meant to be temporary. That was 7 years ago.

All my family are in Sussex as is my eldest son so I'm back down a lot. My mrs. Went to Southend high - sixth form is co-ed before i get funny looks-and I (obviously) know Westcliff and Thorpe Bay well. I love East Beach in particular. White sand and lots of crabbing for the nippers. Saafend though. It ain't my cup of bovril.

Can't say I've ever felt really settled here although it is a nice area. I'm not fond of West Ham or Spurs which is enough for funny looks in these parts. Latterly though I've found there are a few fellow Albion quite local (Bevendean Hillbilly, Shirty and a couple of others) should start a Seagulls over Essex group I guess.

I was happy when Southend were in our division because so many faces were in attendance for those games. There's some animosity between Brighton and Southend as I found out by wearing an Albion coat in the high st. Although most locals see me as a bit odd.

I will move back to Sussex as soon as the kids are all school age and were not reliant on her mum for child care so much.

Oh, and seriously, I would rather live here than Newhaven. I lived there too once. Hmm.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm up for a Seagull over Essex fellowship. Can't believe there isn't one already TBF. The best thing about the whole yard is the flag. Sussex have Martlett birds...Essex has three PIRATE swords...ah haaar Jim lad!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
0% - I was fearing a question about going on Southend Pier which I would have had to answer yes to, but all clear.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Lived in Harlow for two and a half years (more as a base as I was travelling so much) and still got 0%. For god's sake we did our Xmas shopping at Lakeside!!! Fink its a bit bent, that, innit.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Work originally then I met an Essex girl, kids, house etc. etc. it was only meant to be temporary. That was 7 years ago.

All my family are in Sussex as is my eldest son so I'm back down a lot. My mrs. Went to Southend high - sixth form is co-ed before i get funny looks-and I (obviously) know Westcliff and Thorpe Bay well. I love East Beach in particular. White sand and lots of crabbing for the nippers. Saafend though. It ain't my cup of bovril.

Can't say I've ever felt really settled here although it is a nice area. I'm not fond of West Ham or Spurs which is enough for funny looks in these parts. Latterly though I've found there are a few fellow Albion quite local (Bevendean Hillbilly, Shirty and a couple of others) should start a Seagulls over Essex group I guess.

I was happy when Southend were in our division because so many faces were in attendance for those games. There's some animosity between Brighton and Southend as I found out by wearing an Albion coat in the high st. Although most locals see me as a bit odd.

I will move back to Sussex as soon as the kids are all school age and were not reliant on her mum for child care so much.

Oh, and seriously, I would rather live here than Newhaven. I lived there too once. Hmm.

Enjoy your 4 hour round trip to the AMEX and your pretend cockneys:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here