Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How Dreary Is Football Focus?

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Red sauce, brown sauce, or no sauce at all?

Rather boringly I’m afraid I buck the trend and am a no sauce at all kind of guy -DB would be horrified. I must also apologise for my misuse of the apostrophe in my original post.
One of the things I loved about the show was the complete random nature of the categories he offered at the beginning for people to phone in about. The show was therefore completely unpredictable. Also the fact that he is a big football fan himself - and the fans who phoned in clearly were - made it an excellent listen imo

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Rather boringly I’m afraid I buck the trend and am a no sauce at all kind of guy -DB would be horrified. I must also apologise for my misuse of the apostrophe in my original post.
One of the things I loved about the show was the complete random nature of the categories he offered at the beginning for people to phone in about. The show was therefore completely unpredictable. Also the fact that he is a big football fan himself - and the fans who phoned in clearly were - made it an excellent listen imo

I completely agree, I work Saturday, Danny Baker used to make it fly by. How do you feel about the treehouse podcast?

I can’t seem to get into it.

theboybilly

Was he the little northern chubby one,tash and gruff voice ?

Great Yarmouth born of Scottish parentage which makes it all the more surprising he didn't know that 'Raith' (as in Raith Rovers) wasn't a place (though there is a Raith Tower outside of Kirkcaldy) They won a trophy once (and they are my Scottish team too) Leitch broadcast the they would be 'dancing in the streets of Raith' :hilton:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I haven’t watched awful Football Focus for a few years. The last time was when it was announced that were doing a long piece about the Albion with interviews at our training complex.

It was a token three minutes, we didn’t get to see around the place. Then back to the studio to get the Kleenex out over their beloved Citeh and Manure.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Great Yarmouth born of Scottish parentage which makes it all the more surprising he didn't know that 'Raith' (as in Raith Rovers) wasn't a place (though there is a Raith Tower outside of Kirkcaldy) They won a trophy once (and they are my Scottish team too) Leitch broadcast the they would be 'dancing in the streets of Raith' :hilton:

Have you been to Raith Rovers ? Myself,Stenhousemuir,East Stirlingshire,Ayr United,Elgin City and Stranraer.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s called football focus for a reason, the focus is always on 6 clubs. Can’t knock it for being exactly what it says on the tin. But yes. It’s dull dull dull. Hence why I rarely watch it and when I do for 5-10mins like today it serves to remind me it really isn’t worth any of my time. Smug, chummy, bland and boringly lowbrow, the BBC ought to be ashamed that’s the best they can do. Plastic reporting for plastic fans.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
All the UK based prem league football programs are just top 6 centric. Most of the time the only other teams to get a mention are who the top 6 are playing that week, with a cursory mention of one or two others as a filler. I find that although NBCSN does spend more time on top 6 clubs, they do at least give time to all the clubs, and when discussing the other 14, do so with a lot more knowledge and less bias than the UK based broadcasters. If its a top six v other 14 match then both teams get a fair mention, and its not a case of if a top team loses its only because they played badly, or were robbed by VAR etc. The other teams are allowed to win by playing well. Their commentators actually commentate on the match rather than discussing everything but whats happening on the pitch, something that Sky, BT, and even the BBC seem to forget is the whole bloody point!

I find it kinda sad that the yanks do football coverage better than the UK.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Saint and Greavsie was brilliant.

Jimmy Greaves used to take the piss out of the Scots every Saturday lunchtime and made some great points about how badly the game was run at the time. They always supported Bobby Robson despite the media slaughtering him. Strong opinions make a decent programme, not Football Focus, which always feels slightly patronising to its viewers.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I would just like a proper football program, that isn't full of second rate celebrities who have no idea what they are on about, footage that you can actually follow rather than spliced together from 20 different angles, showing a couple of seconds at a time with stupid graphics and video effects, and "edgy " music rendering it all meaningless.

All this great tech could be used to create a really good analysis and show things from different perspectives, but its all used to create some kind of ******* mash up for the brainless, attention deficit smartphone generation for whom 1 minute on a single subject is 45 seconds longer than their attention span, with a basic wankfest over the top six and Leeds!

Where was the proper season preview of each club, the explanation of the change of rules and procedures for VAR, a look at the impact COVID is having, the stuff that is of interest to ALL fans regardless of club affiliation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here