Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How does Chris fit Ulloa & Locadia into his starting line-up ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's amazing that none of the suggested line-ups in this thread so far mention either Knocky or March. A sign of how far we've come that we can brush off two of what have been regarded as our star players a very short while ago so easily?

Amazing? What's our record in the last dozen or so games?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Amazing? What's our record in the last dozen or so games...

...with only Murray or Hemed up front?

Just changing for Ulloa clearly isn't the answer.
But I'm sure we'd all like to think Locadia +1 has to improve the whole squads abilities to create and score goals.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
It's amazing that none of the suggested line-ups in this thread so far mention either Knocky or March. A sign of how far we've come that we can brush off two of what have been regarded as our star players a very short while ago so easily?

Ditto Bruno

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Ditto Bruno

I guess it’s a slightly different scenario with Bruno - absolutely no doubting his technical ability but purely because of his age I don’t think he has the legs to remain the first choice RB any more.

Knocky has been frustrating for me this season because again he clearly has the ability but his decision making let’s him down time and again with holding on to the ball too long and not getting in crosses or making passes when they’re on and as a result he frequently loses possession. I hope he comes good though.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Knocky has been frustrating for me this season because again he clearly has the ability but his decision making let’s him down time and again with holding on to the ball too long and not getting in crosses or making passes when they’re on and as a result he frequently loses possession. I hope he comes good though.

Does he though, at this level? Jury still out for me.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Would love to see a 4-4-2 that becomes a 4-5-1 when needed:

Ryan;
Schelotto, Dunk, Goldson; Suttner;
Gross, Propper, Kayal, Izquierdo;
Locadia, Ulloa.

When defensive Locadia can drop to wide right and Gross can shift infield to give us more protection. This would also give us good, pacey options on transition and the counter attack.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The OP poses a good question. I'd really like us to tweak our formation (I really can't see CH playing three at the back regularly, and I only think he did that to match up Chelsea -- of the key fixtures we've got coming up, I'm not sure any of them play with a back three, so I doubt we'll see it again, or too much of it at the very least), and play 4-1-4-1. This will enable Propper play higher up the pitch and even get beyond the main striker (which Gross can't do because he doesn't have the speed). I've also included replacements in brackets, but on current form/expectation, I'd go with:

----------------------------- Ryan -----------------------------------------
Schelotto --------- Goldson ----------- Dunk -------------- Suttner
-------------------------- Stephens (Kayal) -----------------------------
March (Knockaert) -- Gross -- Propper -- Locadia (Izquierdo)
---------------------- Ulloa (Murray) -------------------------------------

Perhaps shift to a 4-4-2 if we're really chasing a game, either shifting Locadia up front, bringing Baldock on if the opposition are playing a high line, or Murray if they're defending deep.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
No idea but I'm glad Chris is in charge to figure it out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
>......................Ryan
Bruno.......Dunk.....Duffy.....Suttner
..........Pröpper..Groß..Stephens
Locadia.........Ulloa......Izquierdo

I'm glad someone put Bruno. He's still my no1 at RB because of how well he and Knocky link up. Schelotto was brilliant v Chelsea but he'd need to hold that form to oust the great Bruno IMO - sure, he deserves to keep his place for now but he was also fairly pony before the Chelsea game...

As for the new lad and Leo - I'm gonna wait and see what form they're in before worrying about where to fit them in together...

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I'm glad someone put Bruno. He's still my no1 at RB because of how well he and Knocky link up. Schelotto was brilliant v Chelsea but he'd need to hold that form to oust the great Bruno IMO - sure, he deserves to keep his place for now but he was also fairly pony before the Chelsea game...

As for the new lad and Leo - I'm gonna wait and see what form they're in before worrying about where to fit them in together...

Funnily enough I'd go with Schelotto in Hans's line up! I agree with you if AK was a starter. I think ES and AK would stifle one another while having a midfield three would give ES licence. Game of opinions innit.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Right wing, Inside right, Centre forward, Inside left, Left wing, Right half, Centre half, Left half, Right back, Left back and Goalie. Just go for it!! It would be extremely entertaining and confuse the opposition

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I'd stick at the 3-5-2

----------------Ryan---------------
---Goldson--Duffy--Dunk------
Schelotto-Stevens-Izquierdo
---Propoer----Gross--------
------Ulloa----Locadia-------

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ulloa is easy, l imagine he would rotate with Glenn. Locadia not so sure, maybe he will push Gross back into midfield or out wide. I think Pascale is quite adaptable and can play deeper. Good player l would like to keep him in the side.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Ulloa is easy, l imagine he would rotate with Glenn. Locadia not so sure, maybe he will push Gross back into midfield or out wide. I think Pascale is quite adaptable and can play deeper. Good player l would like to keep him in the side.

Is that you Mainwaring?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'd probably go for a fluid 5-2-3 (which would become a 3-4-2-1 in possession)

Ryan

Schelotto
Goldson
Duffy
Dunk
Suttner

Propper
Stephens

Gross
Ulloa
Locadia

Though I could easily make a case for Kayal or March starting.

FFS impact sub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here