How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not at all, as most were assuming countries are all alike.

Oh. Very odd.

Anyway, I’m not concerned about other countries on this thread. That’s all just Whataboutery. How has Johnson performed? ****ing abysmally.

D

Deleted member 2719

Oh. Very odd.

Anyway, I’m not concerned about other countries on this thread. That’s all just Whataboutery. How has Johnson performed? ****ing abysmally.

So what has Boris done so bad?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Missed Cobra meetings, lied about ppe, failed to deliver ppe, ignored findings of a 2016 (admittedly not all down to him) pandemic simulation exercise, dithered with lockdown, eventually delivering a diluted, ineffectual joke of a lockdown that was barely enforced and very vague. Generally blustered and blathered his way through the whole affair with his usual air pie and windy pudding. Totally out of his depth and he’s surrounded himself with half-witted yes men who only care about their position and salary.

In short; The worst man, in the worst place, at the worst time.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

LOL!

Responded late and indecisively
Sent mixed messages to the public
Failed to plan for/deal with care home crisis
The ongoing PPE fiasco
Serious concerns over tracking app
Etc etc

The UK response has been a shambles.

D

Deleted member 2719

Missed Cobra meetings, lied about ppe, failed to deliver ppe, ignored findings of a 2016 (admittedly not all down to him) pandemic simulation exercise, dithered with lockdown, eventually delivering a diluted, ineffectual joke of a lockdown that was barely enforced and very vague. Generally blustered and blathered his way through the whole affair with his usual air pie and windy pudding. Totally out of his depth and he’s surrounded himself with half-witted yes men who only care about their position and salary.

Pm's often miss Cobra meetings.
PPE, do have proof about this, PPE was always going to be a struggle, THIS IS A PANDEMIC.
I believe science effectively made the call of lockdown?
What the feck has bluster got to do with this?

He has one of the most capable in-depth teams, they have stepped up to plate with the hardest challenges of any parliament in history and they are doing all they can.

So so easy to pick holes in a situation like this, and why would you consistently add petrol on a fire that needs taming?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think you can trust 80% of the British public and also think most will still abide with social distancing for quite some time. Yes it'll be nice to go to beach/countryside or whatever but I am certain the majority in doing so will be staying 2 metres apart as being scared of possibly catching the virus!

Completely agree. To add to our key workers, the other star of this has been the general public, who have embraced the lockdown, and even pushed the government towards it. I've done the shopping in our household, going to the supermarket twice a week and, in that time, I've seen just one (elderly) couple who've disrespected the rules put in place and, when out walking, I haven't seen anything untoward.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

He also devised the mantra ‘protect the NHS’ with his chief of propaganda leading the country to shine a light on the heros who work there but in doing so, throwing the care home sector under the bus leaving a lot of the most vulnerable and their carers unprotected leading to thousands of deaths (which are still increasing).

He is bitterly disappointed with his own performance in this regard as he told Starmer at PMQs.

D

Deleted member 2719

LOL!

Responded late and indecisively
Sent mixed messages to the public
Failed to plan for/deal with care home crisis
The ongoing PPE fiasco
Serious concerns over tracking app
Etc etc

The UK response has been a shambles.

Perhaps you need to get a dingy and grab Clampy and Boldy to join you and row south at midnight to the promised land.

Found one for you, only £100 each for freedom, surely its a no brainer???

https://www.youboatmarine.com/wavec...VZ8ZvxHhasrBrrvG-wctDa0fKBHqgdocaAmWCEALw_wcB

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So why, exactly, have we got such a high death rate, those people have to have been catching it from somewhere/someone... Clearly social distancing hasn't worked for them.

We can only speculate on that front, and it won't be mono-causal, but my early contenders include:
-- unpreparedness: underfunding of NHS; complacent disregard for emergency planning
-- delayed action by the government: we were too late going into the lockdown
-- failure to take social care seriously, when it was obvious with demographic shifts (and health inequalities) that it warranted more attention -- the effects of this are most keenly felt in care homes
-- an elderly population

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
PPE, do have proof about this, PPE was always going to be a struggle, THIS IS A PANDEMIC.

He has one of the most capable in-depth teams, they have stepped up to plate with the hardest challenges of any parliament in history and they are doing all they can.

So so easy to pick holes in a situation like this, and why would you consistently add petrol on a fire that needs taming?

There’s no point having this discussion with you. You are utterly blinded by your love for the right. Pointless.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There’s no point having this discussion with you. You are utterly blinded by your love for the right. Pointless.

There’s no point having this discussion with you. You are utterly blinded by your love for the left. Pointless.

Both of the above apply to both of you.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Don't really want to get involved in your beef with someone else, but just a couple of points.

Exercise Cygnus carried out in 2016 identified a basic lack of PPE in the event of a Pandemic.

The decisions are not made by "the science" but by scientists. Scientists can make calls depending on their own beliefs, or possibly the beliefs of others if they are being lent on..

As for the parliamentary team, the only person who will come out of this shit shambles in credit is the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

D

Deleted member 2719

Here we go...

Perhaps save that rhetoric for the Brexit thread.

Totally agree.

I know people like you who post all this anti tory hate on Facebook, I hope you're not one because you are going to lose friends and respect over it as this is not a political matter.

You guys have only just stopped 3 + years of raging hate towards people why carry it on???

I see these post on Facebook and the people have 500 hundred or so friends and they are lucky to get 10 likes, it tells a story.

Seriously my friendly advice would be is to wind it in and stop spouting hate everywhere.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Totally agree.

I know people like you who post all this anti tory hate on Facebook, I hope you're not one because you are going to lose friends and respect over it as this is not a political matter.

You guys have only just stopped 3 + years of raging hate towards people why carry it on???

I see these post on Facebook and the people have 500 hundred or so friends and they are lucky to get 10 likes, it tells a story.

Seriously my friendly advice would be is to wind it in and stop spouting hate everywhere.

Of course it's a political matter. Follow the science is just another 3-word slogan.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
So why, exactly, have we got such a high death rate, those people have to have been catching it from somewhere/someone... Clearly social distancing hasn't worked for them.

That's not the general public's fault though. Late to lockdown compared to other countries, schools etc closed last, maybe not locked down hard enough, can't blame the public for those things? And if you look at graphs, lockdown clearly has been very effective. Much of the problem now is in care homes. Again, not the public's fault. It is without doubt a fact that the vast majority of the general public have been respecting social distancing and lockdown that the government have imposed .

I hate this league table of deaths, anyway. Its really tricky to compare and contrast, as so many have already said. Really, we're following a very similar trend to other Western European countries of France, Italy, Belgium and Spain. Whether the government should have foreseen what was coming/should have done more is a different issue to how much the public have followed social distancing etc

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
That's not the general public's fault though. Late to lockdown compared to other countries, schools etc closed last, maybe not locked down hard enough, can't blame the public for those things? And if you look at graphs, lockdown clearly has been very effective. Much of the problem now is in care homes. Again, not the public's fault. It is without doubt a fact that the vast majority of the general public have been respecting social distancing and lockdown that the government have imposed .

I agree we came very late to the party and when we did no one had told us it wasn't fancy dress...

However, lockdown was nearly 7 weeks ago now, if social distancing was being practised as well as it should be, or for that matter was as effective as we are told, then being late with the advice should now have passed and the figures should be lower than they are.

Something isn't right...

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I agree we came very late to the party and when we did no one had told us it wasn't fancy dress...

However, lockdown was nearly 7 weeks ago now, if social distancing was being practised as well as it should be, or for that matter was as effective as we are told, then being late with the advice should now have passed and the figures should be lower than they are.

Something isn't right...

Looking at this graph, lockdown clearly is really working! Covid numbers in hospitals are really low now, too. As I said, the problem now really is, and has been largely for a little while now, care homes. And remember, deaths announced each day don't mean they all happened that day. There's a lot of backdating going on at the moment, some will have happened weeks ago.

I like your 'late to the party and noone told us it wasn't fancy dress', by the way :) Screenshot_20200508_104027_com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.sheets.jpgScreenshot_20200508_104027_com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.sheets.jpg

The high death rate we have is down to many factors. We didn't respond to the virus as quick as we should of done, didn't lock down early enough, it was caught by thousands before the restrictions were put in place and the "peak"of deaths as we know was around 8th of April. These deaths were mainly from people infected around mid March which was before lockdown was ramped up. Obviously without any sort of lockdown the deaths by now would be 4 to 5 times higher. I would guess the rates of infections would be that as well. The daily rise in infections now may well be many of the 20% who don't abide by the rules, as well of course of healthcare/ supermarket and essential workers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports