How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You cannot trust the British public with anything, it'll be carnage come Monday.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
You cannot trust the British public with anything, it'll be carnage come Monday.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
Absolutely, the British Public rubber stamped its idiocy by voting idiots into government by a majority.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Generally, I think people are rightly upset/angry that we had weeks head-start on Italy and Spain and are pointing to the comparative count between us and them.

IMO, I think that is fair. I’ve not seen anyone make a case that we learnt good lessons from what was happening to those countries and quickly prepared ourselves. We should be doing a lot ‘better’ than them.
It's not just the numbers, it's the shere incompetence and lack of governing that deserves criticism. There's been no leadership, just BJ following what the country starts to do in the absence of actual government. Sport stops and they tell sport to stop, restaurants close and they tell restaurants to close, the police try and impose what they believe are the rules and the public reacts - BJ sides with the public.

Someone said years ago that BJ waited to see which way the crowd moved, then got in front of them shouting follow me! How insightful.

The actions of a damn fool only interested in power. Surrounded himself with stupid talentless fools that say yes and add to the problem. Shocking dereliction of duty.

Blood on his hands for sure, along with responsibility for a very deep economic dive. With effective leadership and common sense we had the chance to come out of this very well, leading the way. The Brexit disaster could have been mitigated as a result but as it is we'll get shafted even harder.

What an absolute cluster yet still some goons on here are vocal in supporting this government. How utterly depressing that is.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thought he looked very uncomfortable at PMQs. Whether this was because he was up against Starmer rather than Corbyn, or because there was no audience of baying backbenches to play to I don't know. Perhaps it was simply because he knows he hasn't done very well. Thought - if the public has been 'fantastic', the health care workers have been 'fantastic', the government scientists have been 'leading' and the research community in the universities and the private sector have been 'wonderful' - then which player has let the side down? It only really leaves the politicians doesn't it?

The absence of the baying pit plays well for Starmer. Even better, he can use the current calm to build up a case and then, once that's established, ram that home which will work more effectively to a larger, louder audience.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We had home advantage and an own goal head start by the opposition, and yet we find ourselves 1-3 approaching HT. I’m sure you would be in the crowd politely clapping the team off.

Germany are different, but also decisive and efficient.

Besides, your vociferous condemnation of all things anti-Brexit or left of centre speaks only of a completely partisan opinion who’d no doubt be out flag waving at a job well down as the highest deaths in Europe ticks over. Well done us, down with any negativity and keep the thousands of grieving families out of sight because hooray for the government, they’re knocking this thing out of the park.

Because "we can see the sunlight and the pastures ahead of us"

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just for fairness I heard earlier that Belgium are recording anything suspected as Covid related as an official Covid death. They're recording deaths differently which is why their figure is high, they're not a crapper country than everyone else and neither are we, everyone has different challenges.

The exceptions are Germany and South Korea who seemingly nailed it.

I don't understand why people won't accept this and want to make it a league table :shrug:

Well, precisely.
And, yes, [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION], it is time for another poll. We should run them at regular intervals (with exactly the same options), so we can track if there's any changing opinion on NSC, and what the direction of travel is.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i see the latest in a long line of f ups is they have now sourced a load of faulty ppe from turkey.

Shambles

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the PPE from Turkey is farcical, who orders the wrong specification? or did the supplier not have compliant product?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
the PPE from Turkey is farcical, who orders the wrong specification? or did the supplier not have compliant product?

The government were panicking about the PPE situation, so naively rushed to order seemingly immediately available PPE from Turkey. They could then 'announce' this at their daily briefing. Except it wasn't immediately available, and when it did eventually arrive, it didn't meet the specifications.

Another example of an inexperienced Government, making poor political decisions and losing focus on the important things.

200,000 tests a day anyone :facepalm:

*edit*
It's the same with the fatality figures. For well over a month it's been evident that they were hugely underestimating the fatalities, particularly in regards to care homes. In the last week they have accepted this fact and changed the published figures. It is now clear that we have had a problem with care homes for the last month.

What do they do about it? Introduce a new graph at the daily briefings to show that per capita, we are not as bad as the rest of Europe. Even though we have all been saying that you can't compare figures across Europe.

I can't help but think that the daily briefing is taking priority over everything that's important.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The government were panicking about the PPE situation, so naively rushed to order seemingly immediately available PPE from Turkey. They could then 'announce' this at their daily briefing. Except it wasn't immediately available, and when it did eventually arrive, it didn't meet the specifications.

Another example of an inexperienced Government, making poor political decisions and losing focus on the important things.

200,000 tests a day anyone :facepalm:

They are all over the place on this. What happened to Johnson's original 250K a day target? Not to mention 'sending COVID packing'. Great at slogans, shite at governing!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
i see the latest in a long line of f ups is they have now sourced a load of faulty ppe from turkey.

Shambles

Time wasted on painting " Thank You NHS " on the side of the plane when it should have been used to check the spec's.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Generally, I think people are rightly upset/angry that we had weeks head-start on Italy and Spain and are pointing to the comparative count between us and them.

IMO, I think that is fair. I’ve not seen anyone make a case that we learnt good lessons from what was happening to those countries and quickly prepared ourselves. We should be doing a lot ‘better’ than them.

These are all fair points and need to be answered in due course. IMHO the closest comparison to us is France who are broadly recording deaths in the same way but have a much stricter lockdown.
PPE has undoubtedly been the biggest cock up and been the root cause of many problems like NHS and care home deaths.

In the long run it will only be the analysis of excess deaths that shows how much of a real difference lockdown actually made. It's all the hysteria and hyperbole I can't get on with, we all know the numbers aren't accurate but ultimately it's a headline writers' wet dream to be bottom of the death league.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I can't help but think that the daily briefing is taking priority over everything that's important.

been saying that for weeks, the media has to be fed. most the infomation is inaccurate or subject to change.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Hmgov were just jumping thru the media hoops to get it delivered and get the media off their backs. Just like the target of 100,000 tests a day by the end of April was 'met' - on the very last day - patently thru a lot of political arm-twisting and bending the meaning of language. Target's never come close to being met since it was announced for that very last day of April.

Anybody NOT smell fish? ???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
been saying that for weeks, the media has to be fed. most the infomation is inaccurate or subject to change.

If you are in Government during a Pandemic, the media SHOULD be way down your list of priorities, and doesn't need to be 'fed' with

We only count hospital deaths
Here's a graph showing how UK fatalities compare to the rest of Europe
We will test 100.000 people a day
We have PPE arriving from Turkey tomorrow
We are capable of counting all fatalities including care homes
You can't compare fatalities to the rest of Europe
We will test 200,000 people a day
Here's a graph showing UK fatalities per capita against the rest of Europe

None of these were because of the media. Everyone of these were due to a naive and inexperienced Government making poor political decisions.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Hmgov were just jumping thru the media hoops to get it delivered and get the media off their backs. Just like the target of 100,000 tests a day by the end of April was 'met' - on the very last day - patently thru a lot of political arm-twisting and bending the meaning of language. Target's never come close to being met since it was announced for that very last day of April.

Anybody NOT smell fish? ???

Bending the meaning of language :lolol:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
If you are in Government during a Pandemic, the media SHOULD be way down your list of priorities.

Although I can see that if you are a very inexperienced, naive Government who has always had the media at the top of your priorities, that this could be a difficult concept to grasp.

Press briefed first, parliament not at all, re Sunday announcement :ffsparr:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
If you are in Government during a Pandemic, the media SHOULD be way down your list of priorities, and doesn't need to be 'fed' with

dont disagree how it should be, its way it is and has been for a couple of decades. if you dont the media would fill their pages speculating and attacking everything they perceive to be wrong. so the politicans go for the slightly easier route, control the daily message as much as you can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports