How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The rest of the world are aghast at how poorly the Tory government has handled this. Many people simply in disbelief that we are not speaking up more. How badly the NHS are being treated. People asking why a 99 yr old is walking to help them. Why is our “lockdown” so weak and so poorly enforced? Why are so many dying?

We are in big trouble. The Tory’s have a lot of blood on their hands.

Serious question... are you OK? Have you got someone you can talk to? You seem very anxious and angry.

To hear some reassuringly professional analysis and information about the disease and how it is being managed around the world... have a listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BdPKpWbxTg

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The rest of the world are aghast at how poorly the Tory government has handled this. Many people simply in disbelief that we are not speaking up more. How badly the NHS are being treated. People asking why a 99 yr old is walking to help them. Why is our “lockdown” so weak and so poorly enforced? Why are so many dying?

tenor (2).gif

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

That’s really strange, because I participate in a weekly video call with all the other sales directors across Europe within my organisation and not one of them is aghast at how the UK is responding.

These guys can be as direct as it comes when giving their views on politics and current affairs in each others countries (Ive had 3yrs of relentless piss taking over Brexit! ). However at the moment all I hear on these calls is that everyone is facing challenges and there is a broad agreement that everyone’s respective governments are trying their best.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Predictable response from predictable posters. I suppose it probably offers some comfort to believe all is being handled as well as it can be and nothing more could be done.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Predictable response from predictable posters. I suppose it probably offers some comfort to believe all is being handled as well as it can be and nothing more could be done.

It's a new virus, and as all leaders rightly say we are learning new things every day. It's not a difficult concept to grasp, or so I thought.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unlike most posters here, I don’t mind Boris. Sorry.

But I wish he hadn’t given this interview to the Scum on Sunday. A disgusting rag with a long history of despicable acts (with its sister publications).

Politicians and others should quietly give it the cold shoulder.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Don’t think anyone has said that - the handling isn’t at either end of the perfect/shit spectrum, your ‘blood on their hands’ type comment is about the closest thing I’ve seen to that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1256973900031897601[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1256975561953554433[/TWEET]

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Unlike most posters here, I don’t mind Boris. Sorry.

But I wish he hadn’t given this interview to the Scum on Sunday. A disgusting rag with a long history of despicable acts (with its sister publications).

Politicians and others should quietly give it the cold shoulder.

The fact that Johnson gave an interview to them should tell you all you need to know about him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I wonder if he (not just him) regrets shutting down.

Starting stuff up again is going to be an absolute ball ache.

Would the alleged original plan of shielding the old and the ill have been much different, could have concentrated on just that group rather than everyone.

I’m not sure the leaders expected the Economies to be destroyed as much as they have been.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Would the alleged original plan of shielding the old and the ill have been much different, could have concentrated on just that group rather than everyone.

I’m not sure the leaders expected the Economies to be destroyed as much as they have been.
The difficulty is confidence.

For instance, even if the schools open there is not a chance my daughter will be going until at least September.

Equally, if pubs and restaurants open there will be very many people who will avoid going to them for some considerable time.

There are no doubt loads of other similar situations.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The difficulty is confidence.

For instance, even if the schools open there is not a chance my daughter will be going until at least September.

Equally, if pubs and restaurants open there will be very many people who will avoid going to them for some considerable time.

There are no doubt loads of other similar situations.

I agree.

But if the government (not just Boris or UK) had come out and explained the thought process behind it and how it’s next to harmless to children and the healthy the confidence would have been higher?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I agree.

But if the government (not just Boris or UK) had come out and explained the thought process behind it and how it’s next to harmless to children and the healthy the confidence would have been higher?

I don't know.

I think it is probably hard to easily and quickly reverse the initial message that we all had to stay in.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't know.

I think it is probably hard to easily and quickly reverse the initial message that we all had to stay in.

Yep, which is why I think they may end up regretting the action.

I don’t blame you for the thought process you are having, I’m sure many others are having the same.

But there will be people that are going to play the system for benefits now as well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The same for us, particularly as she's asthmatic. Besides the live online lessons with her school has gone well from day one, and she always make the 9am start … the structure to 5 days of her week of lockdown does her good.

We won't allow her to be at school in August (one of the mooted ideas), as she's worked hard throughout, pre and post Easter. As have her teachers.

Schools being made to or choosing to open for a few short weeks after Whitsun, does feel like a priority to me. A fresh start in September makes sense.

Jimmy Grimble

Given his self-proclaimed near death experience, you’d like to think he won’t be regretting it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I agree.

This would have been utterly irresponsible - effectively the biggest gamble in history, with our lives the stakes.

This is a new virus. Nobody knows the complete facts about transmission yet, never mind the ongoing after-effects. Studies have suggested long term reduced lung capacity could be one of them, even in people who do not suffer badly at the time.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd like to disagree with you, but can't on this occasion.

Future votes, the electorate, politics, PR … all coming into play.

That publication* has a history of exchanging dirt they have on someone for an exclusive so as not to publish the dirt. Just saying.

*very loose use of the term

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports